three

100 Strawberry Frappuccinos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next few days are uneventful. Donghae goes to the little coffee shop, and Hyukjae does not. Donghae pays for three more frappuccinos - one which he sits with until it melts and two which he pays for in advance so the staff can give them to Hyukjae when he next appears.

This takes Donghae’s total of frappuccinos still owing down to ninety-five.

Since deciding he will get the one hundred drinks for the other man (or at least as many as it takes for Hyukjae to talk to him and tell him why he’s angry) Donghae has done some basic maths.

He has worked out that one hundred frappuccinos will cost him almost a whole week’s wages.

Why can’t the other man like something less expensive!!

Donghae sips his own espresso, which costs half of what a frappuccino does, and thinks he might have to start making his own coffee at home.

It’s about this time when he also thinks that it would be really easy to just drop this whole stupid thing. He doesn’t know anything about Hyukjae other than his name, that he wears nice suits, and that he gets angry when he sees Donghae.

Does it even matter?

Donghae is stubborn though. Once he’s set his mind on something, he does it. Like the time he decided to cycle all the way to his hometown (he couldn’t sit for two days afterwards) or the time he promised a pretty lady he met at a bar that he would bleach his hair (and nearly went bald in the process).

Yeah, Donghae’s ideas are not always the best, but he’s not a quitter, and he takes pride in that.

He goes to the counter to ask if Hyukjae has been in yet. The staff are fully dedicated to helping him, and he appreciates it.

‘I haven’t seen him,’ the girl says. ‘Is he avoiding you?’

‘Yeah,’ Donghae says with a sigh.

‘What did you do?’

‘I don’t know,’ Donghae says, and the girl gives a sympathetic shake of her head.

‘Relationships are like that for everyone, huh.’

‘Yeah,’ Donghae says again. ‘No- wait- what?’

Another girl comes to lean at the counter with the first.

‘Why don’t you surprise him at work?’

‘Yeah, oppa! Take him a drink in his break!’

‘He’ll know you’re dedicated for sure!’

Donghae opens his mouth to tell them it’s a stupid idea because he and Hyukjae are not dating for ’s sake, but-

It’s not actually a bad idea.

Hyukjae can’t not go to work the way he’s not going to the coffee shop, can he?

Donghae can just give him his stupid strawberry drink and Hyukjae can explain whatever misunderstanding is between them, and then Donghae can stop spending all his wages on frappuccinos. He doesn’t know exactly where Hyukjae works, but from the direction they walked last time, it’s probably one of the big office buildings facing into the square. Donghae’s own workplace is not terribly far away. If he takes his lunch break a little early and walks fast, he can probably get there and back in time.

‘I’ll do it!’ he declares.

 

It seems a bit more of a stupid idea when he’s actually sitting on the concrete wall outside of the office buildings. He has a half-melted frappuccino in his hand, and he’s kind of sweaty from rushing, and amongst the steady flow of men and women in business attire, he has not seen Hyukjae at all.

What if Hyukjae is the type who eats lunch at his desk?

What if he is one of those hard-working types that doesn’t stop for lunch at all?

Donghae checks his phone. He can wait about seven more minutes before he has to head back towards his own work, otherwise he will be late.

 

There are only two minutes left before he has to leave when he finally sees him.

That familiar profile in a dark red suit which stands out like a sunrise amongst the boring greys and navy blues. Those soft lips turned up in a smile, almond-shaped eyes creased as the man laughs at something.

‘Hyukjae!’

Donghae is on his feet and hurrying towards the man before he can disappear, his own lips curving into a happy smile just because the lame idea of the coffee shop girls has actually worked. Hyukjae turns and sees him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter