two

100 Strawberry Frappuccinos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s a few days later when Donghae makes his way back to the coffee shop. The other man had looked like he was on his way to work, so it would make sense that he would go back to the same place for his stupid, cold, strawberry drink, right? Donghae gets up early enough to go to the gym first and then the coffee shop, so he’s already feeling quite self-righteous when he sits down at one of the little tables.

It’s another busy morning.

Donghae orders himself an omelette and an espresso, and he can tell that the girl who brings it to his table recognizes him from the last time he was there.

‘Sorry about the other day,’ he says, turning on the charm. He’s been blessed with a handsome face and not many people are immune to it.

‘That’s okay,’ the girl says. ‘Are you expecting things to go better this time?’

‘Better?’ Donghae asks, confused.

‘Well,’ the girl says, ‘We’ll get the mop ready if not.’

Donghae realizes she thinks that he is there to meet with the other man. He is, as a matter of fact, but not the way she seems to be assuming. Still, it’s a chance for him to find out more.

‘Have I been here before?’ he asks. ‘Besides, um, besides Monday?’

The girl looks at him blankly.

‘I don’t know?’ she says.

Donghae tries again, leveling up his flirting a little. He’s wearing his usual battered leather jacket, and he knows how effective it is when combined with his soulful eyes. Gives him a sort of vintage bad boy look.

‘Sorry,’ he says, gazing up at her like she's the only person in the world. ‘I’m just a bit nervous.’

The girl glances over at the clock on the wall.

‘It’s not even 7am yet,’ she says. ‘He’ll be here soon, right? I’m sure things will work out.’

Donghae can’t understand what’s going on. Usually a girl would be swooning by now with the level of eye contact and attention he’s giving, but instead the waitress looks sympathetic. The other two behind the counter are watching too, pretending they aren’t, but whispering to each other.

‘Shall I get his usual?’

‘Um,’ Donghae says, but she’s already writing something down and heading to the counter. Shortly afterward another girl carries over the same drink as last time; pink, icy, and topped with whipped cream. Donghae is handed a bill and for the second ing time finds himself paying for an overpriced frappuccino.

He stares at the drink.

Well, at least he’s got control of the potential projectile this time. Plus he's learned that the slim man in the nice suit is a regular. And Donghae is not, apparently. The girls at the counter do not know him, so he didn’t come here with his drunken friends and get into a fight or something.

He eats his omelette neatly with knife and fork, sips his espresso, and waits. The doorbell chimes every few seconds as someone enters, and he looks up each time.

The girls at the counter smile at him encouragingly.

It’s all a bit weird.

Finally though, he looks up and sees that familiar profile. Sharp jaw, soft chin, prominent nose. Dark hair, and equally dark eyes which are currently blinking as the slim man adjusts to the warmer air inside the café.

He’s in a different suit this time. A dark blue one that looked expensive and tailored to fit.

Worlds away from Donghae’s snug jeans, work boots and worn jacket.

The man heads to the counter to make his order, and Donghae see his eyebrows go up as the staff there say something. They point in Donghae’s direction and the man turns and sees him.

Donghae gives a little wave and holds onto the strawberry frappuccino just in case.

He need not have bothered.

The man immediately spins around and walks straight out of the café.

Donghae is on his feet straight away, hurrying after him with drink in hand, accompanied by a chorus of encouragement from the girls behind the counter.

 

Once outside, it take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter