IV - Home (Finale)

Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​"WHAT??!! What the Yuri!" Tiffany was furious. She banged the bottle on the counter. Thank heavens it didn't break.

"I can get another one. Don't worry."

"You can get another one?" She then lets out a sarcastic laugh. "You sure do remember how you got there in the first place?"

It's because of you. I know, okay? Yuri thought. She didn't answer and just looked elsewhere. She didn't want any eye contact with Tiffany. She can't. It's as if Tiffany will eat her alive in no time.

Of course, she was scared.

"So, what are you going to do now? Stay here and do nothing? Read your useless books? Spend your savings until you got nothing?"

Yuri couldn't think anymore. She stood there without absorbing anything. All she wants now is to go inside their room, change her clothes, and sleep. Besides, she's got nothing to say to her anymore.

What for?

She came back to her senses as soon as Tiffany snatched the paper bag in her hand that broke the straps. "And what's this?" Tiffany gets the boxes and points at Yuri in complete madness. "You left me there, you quit your job and you still get to ing shop?!" She threw the boxes with force, reaching the full glass window.

Boiling blood flowed at Yuri's every vein that instant. Her eyes got pinned on the boxes that are more than just boxes to her.

She took a deep breath then went to them.

Picked them up carefully.

Treating them like eggshells.

She checked every corner and found a few bumps on Eve.

She shook her head then hugged them.

Tiffany continues to yell at her with curses and words that not one registered in her mind. She went inside the room alone silently but left the door open.

Tiffany didn't follow her but her voice is still everywhere. Loud but unclear to Yuri.

 

Yuri sat on her chair at her small workspace in the corner then stared blankly to nowhere, still holding the presents.

 

A sudden bang from somewhere, but she was sure it was from the living room made her snap from her blank stare.

 

She sighed softly then looked at the boxes which reminded her of the letter inside her coat so she pulled it out.

To my Eve,

A smile instantly formed on her lips.

Happy Birthday!

Take a rest and  I promise to stay with you while you hibernate and be there once you're recharged.

Yuri giggled at the thought of the scene when Eve hibernated and Wall-E almost lost himself finding the solution to revive her.

I won't get tired of waiting until you're back on track again.

Waiting. She's been waiting for me all these years. She thought. And now you should stop waiting for me Sica.

Know that I will always be here through every season that will come.

And I hope that you'll find the happiness you deserve in this crazy world.

 

With Love,

Your Wall-E ❤

 

P.S. My hand is always available for you to hold onto. I won't let go, promise.

Yeah, just like the ending scene. Your hand is the only one that fit mine. I wish I can hold you again.

ILY.

Her thumb brushed the last word as she closed her eyes, reminiscing how Jessica said it to her for the very first time. 

"You should be ing thankful that you have me!" Tiffany was already inside the room, still furious.

Yuri put the boxes and the letter on her table. She stood up thinking of fighting back but she was too tired. Tiffany continues to yell, curse and let out her thoughts carelessly. 

"No one's gonna help you except me! You only have me, Yuri!"

Her tongue roams around as if finding words to throw back at Tiffany. Her lower lip is starting to go dark red, almost starting to bruise and bleed as she keeps on biting it in frustration. Both her hands are holding the ends of the table, shaking as they're pressed hard onto it.

"Even Jessica!" Yuri looked at Tiffany the moment the name was mentioned. Her eyes were fiery as if the name was too sacred that a devil-like Tiffany shouldn't mention. "She's not gonna be here for you! No one will except me!"

"Could you please stop now?" Yuri said plainly, trying to control her anger that could burst anytime.

Tiffany smirked, feeling victorious. "What? I'm just telling the truth." Tiffany walks to her and holds her face softly. "Where is she now Baby? I am the only one here and no one else. All you have is me." She then pressed her lips against Yuri's gently but Yuri didn't reciprocate the gesture. Tiffany bit softly the latter's lower lip then kissed it again as if marking her as her property.

"Or maybe not." Yuri walks to the corner of the room and pulls her large silver luggage.

" YOU! YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME?!" Tiffany snapped furiously.

Yuri sighed tiredly then looked at her. "No Tiff. I'm sure your team knows exactly all my whereabouts except tonight because they were too busy and couldn't track me after because of my phone. But don't worry, I didn't meet another lover because I don't have one."

She then unlocks her luggage then starts to pack her things.

"So this is how you apologize huh?" Tiffany says as she crosses her arms and watches Yuri do her thing.

Yuri just ignored her. She smirked as she stood in front of her closet looking at the pieces that are pretty much mostly from Jessica. She's only got a few pieces of each kind. You could count on two hands or one. From jackets, plain shirts, sweaters, and jeans. Her mini collection of 12-piece various caps and her sets of undergarments.

Tiffany starts to mumble some curses and other things again but Yuri chose to ignore her. It was as if she got herself her Airpods on her ears and got lost with the unheard music.

When she's done with her clothes and shoes, she starts to put a few books and character display figures that she collects, which Tiffany hates so much, and puts them inside a storage box that is half the size of her luggage. 

"THEN GO! FORGET EVERYTHING THAT I DID FOR YOU!" Tiffany yelled as soon as Yuri locked her luggage. "If not for everything I gave you, you're nothing Yuri! Remember that!"

On the floor is where the storage box is resting. Yuri gets the LEGO boxes and places them on top of it​, then ties them tightly using a rope that she saw in her closet.

"I gave you this home! The car, your job, and everything you have! you Yuri!"

"What?" Yuri stood up and asked plainly but her stare was fiery. She continues to control her burning madness as she walks closer to Tiffany. "This... home? Tiff, the moment I started living here, I got to share fair contributions to all expenses. The car? I didn't even ask for it since the restaurant is just a few blocks away from here and I always walk to work. I only used it thrice because you were with me and you insisted just so your colleagues will have a good impression of me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter