III - First

Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a 20-minute drive to Mangwon Market. The same store and the same set of food. Jjampong for Jessica and Sundae Gukbap for Yuri. A platter of Tangsuyuk, a set of Tteok-bokki and Bossam. It's always a feast eating her favorites with Jessica. She hasn't been to this place for a long while now and God knows how much her tastebuds crave for these. Tiffany would never eat in a public market like this. It should always be in a famous and lavish restaurant. And they would never eat this amount of food since her girlfriend is too body-conscious. Yuri is more than grateful to celebrate her birthday with her first favorite person in the world.

As expected, the feast will not be complete without alcohol. They're on their second bottle of Soju but Yuri had stopped Jessica from drinking since her face already turned red.

"Hey..." Yuri starts caressing Jessica's warm cheek. Good thing it's already red, Yuri didn't see her blush. "You're still going to drive. You can't be drunk. You know I hate that. I'll finish this, okay?"

Jessica just smiled at her as her heart fluttered. This is how Yuri takes care of her. Always. "I hope you're happy today." She said.

"Hmm? Why wouldn't I be? There's one important person who remembered my birthday. Had the time to visit me and even got me presents that I've always wanted to have. Has joined me in eating my favorite comfort food that I haven't tasted for quite a while. Now, having drinks with me even though she's weak." Yuri smirked with a brow raised that made Jessica giggle. "How can I not be happy? I'm the happiest today!" Yuri threw her hands in the air as they both shared laughter.

"I hope I made you happy," Jessica said in full sincerity. That's what she always hopes to do, make Yuri happy.

"Always. Thank you, Sica."

Yes, Yuri. She's always the person who makes you happy. Tiffany made you happy but more than anyone in this world, it was Jessica who's done more than enough for you. She always makes you feel cared for, loved, and alive. So...? She thought as she stared lovingly at Jessica.

"You're welcome, Handsome." They both share a giggle.

It felt so good. Both of them felt comforted. But most importantly, they both feel so loved. Well... they may not be on the same page when it comes to love, but, at the very least, they know that they love each other.

 

They both share stories as Yuri finishes the bottle alone. Her birthday celebration wouldn't be complete without eating her favorite chocolate ice cream. Jessica treats her to the same shop they'd always buy. They share a pint and a spoon and Jessica spoon feeds Yuri -- always. A wide wooden coffee table is always available outside the store so anyone can sit on it and eat. And they did -- as always.

"Unnie!" A small voice called. And since both of them are 'Unnie,' they both looked at the teenage girl who's in front of them holding a warmer pad -- which by the way interrupted Yuri's last taste of the ice cream just a centimeter away from her open mouth.

"Yes?" Jessica asked with a bright smile.

"Hmm... Are you best friends?"

"Uhh... Yes. Why?" She asked again then ate the last bite. Yuri frowned then took the cup in her hand and closed it with the lid.

"Just best friends?" The young girl asked, gleaming.

Yuri stood in front of the intrigued young girl. "Why do you ask?" She asked politely.

"Hmm... It's okay if you're best friends. It's also okay if you are girlfriends."

The statement surprised the two women as they stared back with both their brows raised and their mouths half-open. Jessica then stood beside Yuri feeling more interested in what the girl would say next.

"My sister also has a best friend and one day they went home together. My sister introduced her again but as a girlfriend. So there."

The two grown-ups couldn't help but let out a smile as they both stare dearly at the host of this TED talk.

"You're both weird, you know?"

Yuri chuckled. "And why is that?"

"You're eating ice cream in this season! Aren't you cold? You don't even have pads."

"I'm not cold." Yuri taps the warmer pads of the girl. "Sica Unnie always makes me feel warm."

"Oh, Sica Unnie. Hello!" Jessica waved to her. "And you, Unnie?"

"Yuri."

"Hi, Yuri Unnie. I'm Mina."

"It's nice to meet you, Mina. How old are you by the way?" Jessica asked.

"12."

The women gave a nod.

"You know, while I was watching you eat the ice cream, it was as if I was watching an episode of a drama series. You two look good together. If my sister and her girlfriend did that, that'd be gross!"

They all let out a soft laugh.

"Really?" Yuri asked.

The young girl hummed in response. "You look handsome too Unnie! Has anyone said that to you?"

"Yeah. Sica Unnie sometimes tells me that." Jessica felt shy not realizing soon that Yuri could notice that.

"Really?" The girl's eyes widened in both surprise and excitement as she held the pads on her chest. "Maybe Sica Unnie likes you?"

And that made Jessica freeze like a mannequin as her shameful face displayed bare at Yuri and Mina.

"Unnie?" Mina leans closer to Jessica and softly presses her cheek. "You're red. You like Yuri Unnie?"

"Mina-yah! We're closing!" A woman calls from the store behind Yuri and Jessica.

Jessica thanked every star in the universe, she was saved by the bell.

"Oh, sorry Unnies. I have to go! Bye!" She waved to them then started to walk hurriedly past them. The two followed a glance at her. Mina stopped by the doorstep of the shop and looked at them again as if she forgot something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter