Chapter II - Shocking Revelation

Dancing With The Stars

BREAKING NEWS!! SHOCKING REVELATION FROM DWTS PRODUCERS!

 

2021.12.11

 

Lee Hyunjoo, Reporter

 

Park Minho, one of the producers for Dancing With The Stars revealed shocking news about the show's upcoming 20th season. He sat down with NAVER News today to talk about the plans for the upcoming season and one revelation is about to cause waves in the media.

 

NAVER News is the first to report this news and we have the exclusive revelation for you here.

 

NN: Thank you PD-nim for sitting down with us today. There has been a lot of buzz about the 20th season of DWTS as of late because of the big names the show was able to cast for this upcoming season.

 

PD: We wanted to have our biggest season yet to celebrate 20 season of the show. It's hard to keep a show going for 10 years, 2 seasons a year, but we have been lucky to continue the great run of Dancing With The Stars because of the great support we receive from our viewers. We couldn't do this show without their support.

 

NN: The show is very well liked around the nation because of how fun and family friendly it is. Seeing the celebrities progress through the 10 intense weeks of the show and make it the final is exhilirating although it is also sad to see the contestants get eliminated every week as well.

 

PD: It is unfortunate that there are eliminations as many of the contestants always talk about how much fun they had despite the hard work, which is why the support of their fans and the public watching through voting is there. The formula is not changing for this season, but we wanted to bring in the biggest names in the entertainment industry to really get the viewers attention. These celebrities have a lot of fans, so the voting will be close — at least we're hoping that will be the outcome.

 

NN: Is the cast of the professional dancers changing this year? Will there be any rookie professional dancers — at least for the show, surely they're not rookies outside of it.

 

PD: No, there are no new professionals joining the show this season. Because of the bigger celebrity cast, we have a few veterans professionals from past seasons returning to compete alongside the professional cast members from the last season.

 

NN: Can you tell us anything more about the celebrities that could be potentionally joining the cast this season? We know that all the spots have not been filled yet.

 

PD: I don't want to reveal who we're working with to get on the show yet. We have announced some great celebrities already that have caused a lot of buzz around the show. What I can tell you is that there was a special request made by one of the celebrities and we have decided to fulfill their request.

 

NN: You have us absolutely intrigued PD-nim. Are you willing to share this juicy detail?

 

PD: We know the risks we're taking, but at the end of the day, I think it will bring in more viewers because as human, we're just naturally curious about things. We will be having, for the first time in the show's history here in Korea, a same pairing dancing together.

 

Needless to say the moment PD-nim revealed this we were completely shocked! We had no words but we can tell you that we're just as curious as he said we would be. Who could possibly be the celebrity who requested a same partner?!

 

To find out, you'll have to tune into the premiere of season 20 of DWTS on January 17, 2022 at 7PM KST!

 


 

Author's Note:  I have not abandoned my other stories, particularly Adore You, I've just been on a long break because lack of inspiration.  Just writing this one to get back in the groove of things.  Inspiration also came from the novel The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo in terms of the way I'm writing the story.  Enjoy :)