Chapter V - Hyejin Has This

Dancing With The Stars

Chapter V - Hyejin Has This

 

 

 

 

It was silent and it was starting to feel awkward. Obviously her CEO was processing her sudden revelation. She had not planned on coming out to him initially but with everything unraveling so quickly she blurted it out. Hyejin was an honest person, she was not going to lie to him. She had never lied about her uality, but it wasn't a topic that was ever brought up.

 

The closest thing was a discussion about dating which went in one ear and out the other that day because dating was the last thing on Hyejin's mind when she first became a trainee. Her goal was to improve so she could debut one day and show the world her talent. When she did finally end up dating someone, it lasted way longer than she expected and it didn't end well but that was another story that she had already told — somewhat. Twit was a good way to explain it.

 

“So...” His voice made Hyejin look back up at the older man. Her mind had been racing probably just as much as his had been. “Is this your way of coming out?”

 

“Not publically.” Hyejin quickly replied and that seem to perplex him even more. It showed clearly on his face.

 

“You'll be dancing with a woman. People, news media, gossip collums and whoever else will bring it up.” Her CEO couldn't hide his worry anymore. It was apparent in his voice.

 

“It doesn't matter. I never said publically that I'm gay. I just requested to dance with a woman.” Hyejin's answer did not satisfy him.

 

“This is going to affect your career and more importantly this company. We're planning on going public soon and this would affect our stocks before they even get going.” Now he sounded frustrated.

 

It didn't surprise Hyejin that all he was thinking about was the money the company would lose. A company that she and two other artists under the label literally built from the ground up. The singer had always been a bit defiant of authority and that sass was what made her confident and helped her get through a lot of the hardships she went through.

 

Hyejin knew that coming out to her boss wasn't going to be an issue. It wouldn't put her in danger because there was no way he would reveal this to anyone especially when she was currently the top selling artist in the company. Something really bad would have to go down betweem them for him to say anything and that would be to ruin her career. She had thought of many outcomes — of course there was a chance that just by dancing with a woman it could ruin her career, but it was a risk she was willing to take.

 

“The media, the people — they're always going to talk regardless. I know what my response will be when they ask why I asked to dance with a woman. I'm not going to come out, but I'll be able to live my truth out in public and disguise it as just dancing on a dance competition. You have to trust me boss.” Hyejin leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms.

 

Her boss stared back at her and let her words, and how full of confidence they were, reberverate in his mind. 'Trust me' those were two big words. He finally sighed and leaned back on his chair as well and looked down at the paperwork on his desk.

 

He shifted his gaze back up to Hyejin. “Okay, I'll trust you. Don't let this ruin your career or give the company a bad reputation.”

 

“You got it.” Hyejin replied and stood up to salute him. She bowed respectfully at him before turning to walk out of his office. The moment she was out of his doors, she let out of a sigh of relief.

 

Honestly, I don't know how you pulled that off Ahn Hyejin but you're a genius. We've been knew. Hyejin smiled at herself. She reached for her phone in her bag and looked at the time. It was time to go home.

 

 

 

 

Hyejin threw her bag on top of her couch and walked over to the other end to plop herself down on the super comfortable cushions. Nothing beat coming home early so she could order a delicious meal, watching a movie and fall asleep. It was her plan for the night until her door bell suddenly rung and she groaned. Who in their right mind was bothering her right now. She got up and dragged her barefeet over to her door to answer.

 

“Hyejinie! Hiiii!” The over excited greeting from her label mate and friend made Hyejin cringe.

 

“Hi unnie, what are you doing here?” Hyejin asked cutting to the chase.

 

“Dang, cutting to the chase right away.” Moonbyul said taking her shoes off and walking further into Hyejin's apartment.

 

Moonbyul was older than Hyejin by three years and she had also debuted before Hyejin. With her boyish charm and over greasiness flirting, Byul was popular amongst women even the staff members in the company fawned over her. Hyejin wasn't one of them but she did like teasing Byul a lot and there were plenty of times that the older girl suffered some gay panic because of Hyejin.

 

“So a little bird told me you're the one who will be dancing with a woman on DWTS. I'm jealous.” Byul said taking a seat on Hyejin's couch. Hyejin rolled her eyes and knew it was one of the manager unnies who said something. She swore all those women had a sixth sense or could read minds or something.

 

“I also came out to CEO Kim Jinwoo.” Hyejin told her and Byul's jaw dropped.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Hyejin nodded.

 

“Just like that?! What did he say? Actually, it doesn't matter. We're in RAINBOW Bridge World for a reason. You know, RAINBOW...GAY” Byul did the universally known gay sign which was a limp wrist.

 

Hyejin chuckled and Byulyi grinned. “You're gay, I'm gay, the boys are gay...”

 

While Byul thought of who else could be gay in the company, Hyejin brought up the girl's biggest weakness. “So everyone except Yongsun unnie.”

 

Byul's eyes darted to meet Hyejin's. She knew the younger girl knew how big of a crush Byul had on their sunbae, the gorgeous Kim Yongsun also known as Solar. God that woman was the epitome of perfection in Byul's eyes. There was nothing she couldn't do.

 

“Listen...I will —”

 

“Win her over one day you'll see.” Hyejin mocked Byul and chuckled. “I'm still waiting cuz I haven't seen anything unnie.”

 

“Ahn Hyejin.” Byul crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“She's gay too Byul. My pinky toe tells me its true. Look it's shaking.” Hyejin pointed to her barefeet and made Byul look. No pinky toe was shaking.

 

“Stop messing with me Hyejin!” Byul protested and Hyejin laughed throwing her head back.

 

“She's just busy like ALL the time unnie. I don't think you'll be able to break her up from her soulmate which is work. But she's fruity too, I know it.” Hyejin smiled and placed a hand on Byul's knee to reassure the older girl.

 

“I know, I know...” Byul sighed briefly and looked at Hyejin again. “Anyways, tell me about this whole dancing with another woman. Do you know who it will be? Did they let you choose? What are you going to tell the public about this decision? Spill the tea Hyejin, I want to know everything.”

 

Hyejin shook her head and smiled. “You're so nosy unnie, but I'll tell you what I know.”