Getting Inside

Paper Crane

Gyuri sighed as she languidly fed her pet fish at the pond outside of her house. Her mind went back to the incident that happened a few days back.

 

-Flashback-

 

‘I can’t believe you…’

 

‘Well, you just have to get used to it. Now let me see your time table.’ Gyuri didn’t move at his request.

 

‘You made fun of me at first and now this? Leeteuk-shi, this’s just – ‘

 

‘I don’t want to be your tutor either but what to do.. They’ve assigned me to you, so just accept it. Time table please? I’m in a hurry here. There’re loads of things that I have to do after this.’ He said in a lazy manner while his right hand swiftly snatched one Gyuri’s taiyaki.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

Gyuri didn’t get it. Out of all the smart and brilliant tutors out there, why him? And he even laughed at her when she barely made it into the list but it turned out that he’s one of the tutors there. How great..

 

‘Gyuri honey..’ A soft voice called her name from behind but she didn’t budge. Realizing that she’s still not aware of her presence, the middle aged woman tapped Gyuri’s shoulder.

 

‘Oh, Oemma..’ She stopped feeding her fish and showed her mother a weak smile.

 

‘I didn’t see you in a while, dear. You look so pale. Have you lost weight? Aigoo.. This’s what happen when you study too hard..’ Her mother brushed the cheeks of her dearest daughter.

‘You know that the spot in the company’s always open for you..’

 

‘Gwenchana, Oemma. Stop talking about the company. Now let me hug you. I haven’t seen you for so long. I miss you so much, Oemma.’ She said in a persuasive tone while hugging her mother tight. Gyuri’d rarely seen her mother because she’s always busy with her job as the manager of a fabric company.

 

‘I want you to be happy, darling. Just now I saw your troubled face. I really hope it’s not because of your studies. You know that you don’t have to struggle this hard if you agreed to work in the company. Hmm.. And recently, I talked to Mr. Lee. His son’s still asking about you..’

 

‘Oemma.. My answer’s still no.’ Gyuri frowned upon listening to her mother’s words. She always mentioned about that Mr. Lee’s son who had a crush on her since they’re teens. Yeah, he’s rich and all.. Just like her but no. She’s still young with loads of dreams to achieve.

 

‘Araso2x..’ Her mother sighed heavily.

‘You’re such a stubborn kid. Come. It’s already late at night.’ She finally gave up and pulled her daughter inside the house.

 

 

***

 

 

Meanwhile, Seungyeon’s head felt heavy as soon as she saw the condition outside of the place. There’re filled with people, desperately trying to get inside.

‘Aish, this’s so burdening.. How am I going to get to the front line? It’ll take forever..’ She complained to herself while standing outside. She’s rubbing her arms, trying to stay warm. The night’s chilly for sure.

 

 

‘Yes miss. Can I see your ticket?’ Seungyeon didn’t realize when she finally stood in front of a slightly tall guy. From his face, anyone could tell he’s on his thirties or so. Seungyeon slipped her hand into her purse and showed him a piece of paper. Kyuhyun actually gave it to her the day before. Well, more to an ‘award ceremony’ because he gave it to her in front of a crowd.

That man carefully took the ticket from her hand and stared at it closely.

‘Oh, you’re the one. Hey, Suho!’ That man waved his hand at a guy not far from him. And not long after that, the guy that he called stood beside him.

‘This’s the VIP. Can you please bring her backstage?’ They cleared the way so that Seungyeon could enter. Then, the guy who’s called Suho gave her a warm smile and guided her way.

 

 

‘Aren’t you too young to work here?’ Seungyeon boldly asked when they walked along the hallway. She’s walking behind him and she’s guessing that they’re heading to Kyuhyun’s waiting room.

 

‘Ahahaha.. No. I’m already 20.’ He laughed awkwardly.

‘So, you’re a big Super Junior fan?’

 

‘Psh! Yeah, right.’ She mumbled under her breath that he couldn’t hear her.

 

Suho suddenly halted and glanced at his watch.

‘Oh, wait here. I have to check on something.’ He hurriedly walked back, leaving Seungyeon alone at the hallway. ‘Maybe he forgot something.’ She thought to herself as she scanned the empty hall. How she hoped that this thing would be over soon so that she could go home and have some good night sleep.

 

 

Suddenly, Seungyeon flinched at the sound of footsteps coming from in front of her. She shifted her gaze, trying to see who’s walking towards her. Her heart started to beat so fast, her face became hot all of the sudden when she saw a figure, which also stopped walking upon seeing her. He also looked as shocked as Seungyeon did.

 

‘Seung.. Seungyeon-ah..’ She could clearly hear him calling her name.

 

‘Wow, you still remember my name? That’s a surprise..’ Only words of sarcasm escaped from as she gave him a disgusted glare. Couldn’t stand being there, she walked past him, not remembering that she’s still waiting for Suho.

 

‘How? Why he’s here? Doesn’t matter. He.. He’s not person I used to know anyway..’ Seungyeon didn’t realize that a part of her heart's still hurt because of the guy that he bumped earlier.  

 

 


Thank you so much for reading^^ Sorry for the late update or if this chapter . :) And I made exo's Suho as cameo here. Isn't he adorable? lol And sorry cuz there's no Kyuhyun or Kyuyeon on this chapter. He'll appear on the next chapters soon. Thank you so much, lovely readers *hearts*