No Choice

Paper Crane

‘Park Sooyeon?!’

 

‘Here!’

 

All eyes went to the direction of the girl’s voice. Kyuhyun’s eyes widen at the sight of the girl as she walks towards him.

Why did the face of the girl different from what he saw before?

 

Seungyeon on the other hand was hiding her face behind a tall guy’s back, hoping that Kyuhyun won’t notice her presence.

 

‘Oppa! I’m not a medical student but I’m close to that.’ She giggled creepily while playing with her fingers. She’s now standing next to Kyuhyun on the table.

 

‘Wait..’ He stammered.

‘This is not you..’

 

‘Of course I am me.’ The girl’s features were so different from Seungyeon. She had perm blonde hair, her height’s slightly shorter and definitely her personality’s opposite of the cold and icy Han Seungyeon.

 

‘What is this?! I already said a medical student. What are you taking?’ Inside, Kyuhyun was genuinely hoping that it’s not medic.

 

‘Accounting.’ She giggled again. Kyuhyun felt so relieved hearing that.

 

‘Mianhae. Didn’t you hear? I said..’ He tried to be as nicest as possible.

 

‘But2x.. My name..’

 

 

‘Get lost!’ The crowd started to chant those words repeatedly causing her eyes to redden.

 

Seungyeon suddenly felt so heated when that girl was treated that way and Kyuhyun wasn’t doing anything to stop those crazy crowd from humiliating her. She tried to be patient for a little while longer.

 

‘Remember yeorobun.. Park Sooyeon who’s taking medical, not accounting.’ Kyuhyun said playfully while showing that girl some kind of annoying eye signal so that she would get down from the table. But she didn’t take any step and stayed frozen.

 

‘Yah! Are you deaf?!’ Someone was shouting at her. Seungyeon’s sight quickly searched for the owner of the irritating voice. She knew her. And definitely she’d keep an eye on that crazy fan girl from now.

 

‘Oppa! If that girl doesn’t come up, take me instead. My name’s Park Sooyeon too.’ The blonde girl suddenly yelled at Kyuhyun causing his expression to turn somehow showing some kind of disapproval to her words.

 

‘Mianhae. Please get down from this table. Medical Park Sooyeon!!’ His scream seemed a little desperate.

 

‘Yah! Kyu Oppa asked you to get down! What are you still doing up there?!’ The crazy fan girl earlier shouted again, and that definitely made Seungyeon felt even more boiled up.

She’s thinking too. Why Kyuhyun wanted her? Was it because of what happened between them a few days before? But why he wanted to bring someone who humiliated him in front of his fan girls to go to his concert?

To her mind, the simplest answer would be was he’s just a nutty self-centered idol. Well, more to nutty.

 

 

‘Ugly freak! Get down from that table!’ The fan girl shouted mercilessly at Park Sooyeon until she finally broke down and ran down away from the place, hands buried on her face, crying.

 Seeing that, Seungyeon couldn’t take it anymore. She hated people who acted irksomely to other people just because of an idol. That’s why she decided that that crazy fan girl needed to be taught a valuable lesson.

 

 

‘Yah! You!’ She finally yelled at the girl and walked towards her. People’s attention turned to Seungyeon and they cleared up paths for her to that girl.

‘Don’t you ever think about her feelings?’ She spat at the girl right in front of her face.

‘And you!’ She turned her head to Kyuhyun and gave him a death glare.

 

‘Congratulations!’ Before she could open , Kyuhyun went down the table and walked towards Seungyeon.

‘She’s going to the concert. Applause, everyone!’

 

‘But Oppa, she’s not Park Sooyeon..’ The crazy fan girl before tried to say in the gentlest way ever which made Kyuhyun frowned in curiosity. Everybody in campus knew Seungyeon. Well, except for Kyuhyun.

 

‘What do you mean?’ He laughed awkwardly in his loudspeaker, everyone could hear him.

 

‘You heard her. I’m not Park Sooyeon. Oh, I know, why don’t you just bring this lady to your concert, huh?’ Seungyeon said sarcastically.

‘She’s the one who always backed you up the whole time.’ The girl’s eyes brightened at Seungyeon’s words.

 

‘But. You.’ He paused for a moment.

‘Ah.. I get it. You acting like this..’ He scoffed.

‘You just wanted to make me notice you, right?’

 

Seungyeon’s eyes widen at his remarks. To her, it’s such a childish thinking.

‘Mworago? Me? Yah, I’m not that low..’

 

‘Okay, yeorobun!’ His voice went up again from the loudspeaker.

‘This girl, whatever her name is.. Is going to the concert with me.’

 

Chatters and whispers could be heard all over the place.

 

‘Wa.. Wait. But why?’ The fan girl asked disappointedly.

 

‘Because… Because her efforts touched my heart.’ Kyuhyun was lost for words that he said such nonsense.

 

‘What effort? That’s ridiculous.’ Seungyeon crossed her arms in disbelief.

‘No matter what happens, I won’t go.’

 

‘Please?’ Kyuhyun showed her his adorable puppy eyes which made the crowd went wild.

 

‘Just accept his offer!’

    ‘You’re lucky he asked you!’

             ‘Accept him!’

 

People started to chant again which sent chills to Seungyeon’s spine.

 

‘Araso!’

 

***

 

Seungyeon banged her head on the wall outside the building, feeling so frustrated, stupid and angry at the same time.

 

‘Make sure you keep your promise. Okay, yeoreobun. She agreed, meaning…?’

The crowd in union said. ’She has to go!’

 

She agreed in front of a quite number of people, especially Kyuhyun’s fan girls. Who knew what they’d do to her if she broke the promise or agreement to be exact.

 

‘You might smash your head if you kept banging it like that.’ She almost jumped in shock when she heard a voice behind her. Seungyeon quickly turned around to her surprise, it’s Cho Kyuhyun.

 

‘You. Where’re your fan girls now?’ She asked cynically and wanted to walk away from him but he’s quicker. Kyuhyun managed to get a hold of her arm.

 

‘Wait. Why do you hate me that much? Do I resemble someone you hate?’ The question hit Seungyeon like a pang. Her mind went back to that particular guy. The reason she despised idols.

 

‘Simple. You’re a hateful, self-centered, ignorant idol freak.’ She yanked her arm free from Kyuhyun’s hold and walked away, leaving him speechless.

 

***

 

‘Park Gyuri?’

 

‘Neh.’ She turned to the voice behind her. She’s happily eating bread and all of the sudden, a deep voice called her name.

 

‘Meet your new tutor.’

 

Gyuri’s eyes widen at the sight before her eyes.

 

‘Annyeong.’

 

‘You?!’

 

 


Sorry for the late update.. Here's an update for you guys ^^ thanks for reading <3