New Semester

Paper Crane

Screams and shrieks echoed through the hallway as a bunch of people went inside the building. Soon, a group of girls went rushing towards them, like a stampede. Unfortunately, one of the crazy girls accidentally hit her arm, causing her books and papers to fall down on the floor.

 

‘Aish! What’s their problem?’ She complained while went down on her knees, picking up her stuff. Then, she turned around to the direction of the ruckus. There, she could see girls were circling around something but she couldn’t tell what they were going crazy about.

 

‘Welcome back, Seungyeon-shi. I guess we’re going to be on the same classes again this semester.’ A guy with a warm smile greeted her sincerely. His cute dimples made his smile looked even more charming. She quickly unplugged her earphones and gave him a confused look.

 

‘Sorry?’ She asked blandly.

 

‘Nothing.’ He scratched his head, feeling a bit irritated and embarrassed at the same time.

‘I guess I should go.’ He slowly walked away from her, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere between them.

 

Seungyeon just lifted her shoulders. Boys.. She thought to herself. Sometimes she wondered why boys always avoided her. Maybe she’s not that talkative and friendly; especially like the female arts students but she couldn’t care less. Boys are burden to her.

 

 

‘Hello.’ As soon as she took a spot at a desk, a girl said to her with a smile. Seungyeon turned to the voice. There’s a pretty girl with golden hair, sitting right next to her.

‘Oh, you’re Han Seungyeon, right? One of the top students on the last semester. It’s an honour to meet you. I’m Gyuri Park.’ The girl uttered excitedly and Seungyeon just smiled back.

 

Why every people whom she met always asked her the same question?

 

‘You’re that top student, right?’

 

                     ‘Ooh. .The best student.’

 

                                     ‘That smarty pants.’

 

 

She was sick of that.

 

 

‘I’m so excited!’ Seungyeon just ignored the girl’s shriek as she opened her human anatomy book. But soon after that, a man entered the hall, causing all eyes to be on him including Seungyeon’s.

 

‘Hello, everyone. Firstly, I would like to welcome all of you back to this college. For those you didn’t know me, I’m Kim Junsu, your professor in human anatomy …’ Seungyeon didn’t pay any attention to his words next. To her, it’ll be the same old boring self-introduction. But that teacher’s kind of cute.

 

 

***

 

 

‘Hey!’ She turned behind just to see Park Gyuri who was catching up to her.

‘Can we walk together?’

 

‘Sure.’ She gave her a forceful smile.

 

Usually, she’s all alone. It seemed like everyone was scared of her. Maybe she’s too cold and icy. Some could be thinking that she’s too smart that she didn’t socialize with regular students like them. Actually, she didn’t care about having friends. Who needs them when you have yourself?

 

 

While they were walking towards their next class, chatters could be heard as girls were swarming towards something not far in front of them.

 

‘Kyu Oppa!’

 

Seungyeon and Gyuri looked to each other in curiosity.

 

‘What’s that all about?’ Seungyeon asked but Gyuri just pulled out a blank face, so she decided to look at it herself.  She lifted her head, trying to take a peek on the person that everyone’s been going crazy about.

 

 

‘Please, girls. I need to go to class.’ The guy let out an annoying laugh while defending himself from the attack of the crazy girls.

 

‘Mwo? They’re going crazy over this? So inappropriate.’ Seungyeon murmured to herself and walked back to Gyuri.

 

‘What is it?’ Gyuri asked, feeling so eager to know.

 

‘Don’t know. They’re going lunatic over a guy. Stupid, right?’ She asked bluntly.

 

‘Jeongmal?’ Gyuri held her chin, thinking.

‘Ooh! I remembered! It must’ve been one of the members of Super Junior. I heard one of them would start enrolling here at out college.’

 

‘Aish! Idols.. I wondered why people go insane over them. They just sing, dance and make disgusting aegyos to teenage fangirls. I mean, where’re their brains?’ Seungyeon said in a cynical tone.

Gyuri just kept herself shut.

‘Wow, so this is how a top student think..’ She thought to herself.

 

***

 

Seungyeon felt irritated when a bunch of fangirls were blocking her way. She’s trying to go home but it seemed impossible that time. She stood in front of the door for quite a while until it got to the part where she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

‘Yah! Move! I need to go home!’ She yelled, causing all the girls to stare at her.

 

‘Not until we see Kyu Oppa!’ One of the girls shouted which made her felt more exasperated. She was breathing rapidly but suddenly those girls screamed like crazy. Seungyeon’s eardrums could burst because of that.

 

‘Hey, pretty. Waiting for me?’ She turned to the deep voice behind her.

 

To her surprise, a good looking figure just stood a few centimeters from her body, causing her to flinch.

 


So, how's my first chapter? I hope it's not bad :P Thanks for reading *hearts*