02. Angel

Lifetime (After Death)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

 

I didn't make it.

That was the first thought that came to me as soon as I woke up. The room was like a representation of me during my "life". If I could describe the room I have right now in one word, it would be: cold.

There are family portraits that feel so empty now. I can see the fake smiles we were forced to make just so we could fool people into thinking that we're a happy family. My supposed to be loving husband who cheated on me, my step daughter who resents me for "taking her father away". My mom and dad could barely even stay in one room without fighting. 

Ah, I should take this down, it's annoying. I took all the family portraits and threw them in the trash can. I looked around once more and sighed. This is much better.

I got dressed so I could look around. I'd be staying here for 3 months, and might as well enjoy it. I decided to dress comfortably for my first day. I got no one to impress anyway, they're all.. dead. 

 

I almost put on my mask but ended up laughing. Ah, Minjeong, what's the point? You're dead, duh. I put down my mask and got out... Boy, this world is fascinating. It's like a copy of the "real" world, but no one is sick or dying.. because we're all dead!

 

I was walking around when I saw people crowding a building while looking up. I looked at where they're looking and saw a girl. Her long black hair is swaying as the wind blows. She's got a weird smile on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter