04. Like

Lifetime (After Death)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

I looked at my wrist that indicates how long I can stay here. 87 days..

I spent the last two days trying to figure out how to get rid of my regrets. What am I supposed to do here? I had rearranged my room and listed things I think I wanted to do for the rest of my days. I wonder what people did here, don't they have some kind of guide or something?

I was preparing to go out when I heard a knock on my door. I have a visitor?

I went to the door and peeked through the hole. It was covered on purpose, what the hell? I was contemplating whether I'll open or not when the person behind the door spoke.

"Is anybody home? I'm your neighbor!" said a familiar voice.

I was nervous as I slowly opened the door.. Our eyes met.. It's her..

She flashed me a smile and I couldn't speak. Why is she here?

"Shocked, eh?" she said, almost mocking me.

I could feel my hand shaking from behind my back so I looked away and was about to close the door but she stopped me.

"Hey! That's rude, you know? Don't you wanna ask why I'm here?" 

I looked her in the eyes and flashed her a smile as I removed her hand holding my door.

"No." I said before closing my door shut as fast as I could.

I was breathing hard as I closed it, questions were suddenly flooding my mind.

Why is she here? What is she.. What is my husband's former wife doing here? She.. She was long gone! Why is she still here? How did she find me? 

It took me a while before I calmed down. I know she'll come back sooner or later so I had to get out of here. I took a deep breath before heading towards the door. Minjeong, you can do this, alright?

I was walking so fast, desperate to get so far away from the house, that I didn't know I arrived at the shopping center here. Though technically, it's more like a very large cabinet for all. You can take whatever, whenever. Dead people don't have cash after all.

I was checking clothes here and there when I heard a commotion, and then I heard a familiar voice.

"Just pose, Jimin! You look great!"

I went towards the voice and saw the red haired girl. She was holding a Polaroid and was forcing Jimin to pose. Jimin is wearing a short denim dress and is holding a black sling bag. Her hair was slightly curled and was looking straight to the camera. 

I watched as the red haired girl took pictures of her unsmiling model. She looks so pretty, why does she look so uncomfortable? I didn't notice I was staring at them for too long until her eyes met mine. I immediately looked away when I saw the camera flash.

"What are you looking a--" the girl stopped talking when she saw me.

She looked unhappy. 

"Minmin, take a picture of me now!" she said, trying to take her friend's eyes from me.

I decided to take that as my cue to leave, I wasn't supposed to be here anyway. I was walking so fast until someone caught up and held my wrist to stop me.

I turned to look at her and saw Jimin. I just stood there and waited for her to say why.

"I know you already said no, but why don't you try hanging out with us at least once? I'll stop asking you, just do it once, yeah?"

I wanted so badly to say no, I'm not supposed to be friends with her. But if this keeps on happening, why don't I just let this happen so I can have my peace for the rest of the days.. right?

"Just for today," I emphasi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter