I’ll support you, always.

She Has A Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The E2 squad helps Jisoo and Seulgi with moving. Johnny borrowed a pickup truck from his uncle to transport the duo's belongings. In the basement car park of the duo's new apartment, he pulls over and gets off with Taeyong. Jisoo parks her car a few lots away and the girls alight.

[Johnny, claps] Okay, okay. Let's get started!

The boys stretch as they get ready to move the items. They hop onto the cargo bed. Seulgi, Joy and Yeri each take a trolley down from the truck. Jisoo enjoys a popsicle and sits on Seulgi's. She plays a game on her phone with her other hand. Yeri sighs. 

[Yeri] Lazysoo is lazy even on her own moving day...

[Jisoo, concentrating on her game] You girls took up all the trolleys and we don't even have that much stuff to begin with.

Johnny looks at the truck load of boxes, he realises that the girl definition of quantity is a long way off his own. He looks to his left and sees an equally confused Taeyong.

[Johnny, placing a hand on Taeyong's shoulder] I know, bro.

They proceed to load the girls' trolleys with the boxes.

[Seulgi] The only way for Lazysoo to help out is if Jennie comes down the elevator right now.

[Yeri, looking around] I don't see unnie's car anywhere.

[Joy, to Yeri] Unnie?

[Yeri, quickly correcting herself] Irene! I said Irene... Irene's car hehe, not here. 

She flashes an awkward smile.

[Jisoo, eating her popsicle] Maybe they went out for lunch or something.

[Seulgi] You're the only person who will ever eat lunch at 4 in the afternoon.

Then, a luxurious SUV turns into the car park. Seulgi recognises the dent at the car's front fender (from their recent little incident). The car parks in a designated resident's lot, and Irene gets off with Jennie. She wore a dark coat over a black turtleneck, her heeled boots announcing her presence softly. Instead of a handbag, she carries a leather duffle. Jennie sports a tan leather jacket with a shearling collar, fitting skinny jeans and white sneakers. She carries a bag no bigger than the size of an iPhone. Jennie sees the group and runs over enthusiastically. Irene follows behind, at her own sophisticated pace. Seulgi bends over the trolley handle and taps Jisoo, who was too absorbed into her game.

[Jennie, cheerfully] Hello guys!

She looks around and stops her gaze at Jisoo, who springs up from the trolley and swiftly slides her phone into her pocket. 

[Jisoo, greeting with equal enthusiasm] Hey!

[Irene] You guys moving in today?

[Jisoo, looking around awkwardly] Yeah, hahaha! We're moving our stuff. Working out them muscles!

Jisoo stretches her back and starts massaging her thigh with her fist. The E2 Squad snicker behind her back, barely holding in their laughter. Seulgi shakes her head in disapproval. Jennie scans around.

[Jennie] Full attendance, huh?

Jisoo nods.

[Jisoo, offering] Popsicle?

[Jennie, rejecting] I'm alright. We had a lot for dessert in the afternoon. Wendy overdoes it every time we go over.

Seulgi tries to keep her reaction to the mention of "Wendy" minimal.

[Taeyong, tilting his head] Who's Wendy?

[Jennie, pointing to Irene] Her girlfriend, Son Wendy.

Shocked, Johnny drops his box, something breaks.

[Jisoo] Hey that's my box!

Johnny could not hear her. 

[Johnny, to Irene] Daebak. Your girlfriend is Son Wendy? Nigel Choi's protégé, the Son Wendy?

[Yeri, a little annoyed] Yes yes, that Son Wendy.

[Irene] I don't think there's another one.

Johnny gasps dramatically, covering his mouth. He looks at the rest of The E2 Squad, feeling betrayed.

[Johnny, almost squeaking] And you guys didn't tell me?

[Taeyong, shrugging] Well, I didn't know that.

Johnny looks back at Irene, still unsure how to react.

[Irene] You guys wanna come up for dinner later? 

[Jisoo, agreeing immediately] Of course.

She flashes Jennie a sweet smile and nudges Seulgi.

[Seulgi, instantly] Yeah, ok!

[Joy] Sure!

Johnny moves over to Irene and holds her hands tightly to his chest. He blinks his eyes twice

[Johnny] Will I get to see Wendy-nim?

[Irene] Not tonight, Johnny. She won't be home till late.

She lets go and gives him a gentle pat.

[Jennie] But you get to see her kitchen! You know, where the magic happens.

[Johnny, holding his hands together] Still the best day of my life!

 

 

In the hallway, the E2 Squad+Jisoo move the items into Unit 4, while Irene and Jennie get into their unit opposite, 3. Amidst the mess, Jisoo locates the box Johnny had dropped earlier, and inspects the damage.

[Jisoo] Uh... Seulgi?

[Seulgi, unpacking] Yeah?

[Jisoo] Remember when you won your first Daesang? Then Hermes sent you a porcelain change tray and you really liked it?

[Taeyong, curiously] What's a change tray?

[Yeri, explaining] Literally a tray to put your change. Or your keys.

[Joy, surprised] You have a tray for your change?

Jisoo carefully empties the box of everything else except the remnants of the change tray. She tilts the box.

[Jisoo, showing Joy] Had. She had a tray for her change.

[Seulgi, her anger building up] No...

[Jisoo] Yeah, it was in my box when Johnny dropped it.

Sensing that he was in danger, Johnny rushes into the hallway. Seeing that the door to Unit 3 was open, he hurries into the living room, where Irene and Jennie relax on their couch with some tea. He hides beside Irene's armchair.

[Johnny, whispering] Seulgi's gonna kill me. Don't tell her I'm here.

The duo nod as they flip a page in sync. Seulgi, seeking revenge, searches for Johnny high and low. When she could not find Johnny in Unit 4, she screams in the hallway.

[Seulgi, red] SUH JOHNNY!

In Unit 3, Johnny buries his face in his hands. Seulgi's footsteps draw closer. Johnny opens a gap with his fingers to reveal his eyes, peeking over Irene's lap. Irene pushes his head back down.

[Irene, under her breath] Stay still, she's coming.

[Johnny, whispering] Distract her!

Jennie straightens her neck.

[Jennie, sabotaging] He's here!

Seulgi rushes into Unit 3 and finds Johnny behind the couch.

[Seulgi, fuming] I will deal with you in my territory.

[Johnny] Aaaaah...

She pulls him by the collar and drags him back to Unit 4. A confused Irene looks over.

[Irene, amused] I've never seen her this mad.

[Seulgi, her voice echoing throughout the hallway] SUH JOHNNY THAT'S MY FAVOURITE CHANGE TRAY!

[Johnny, exclaiming] Ah! Ah! Ah!

Jennie thinks about Seulgi's statement for a few seconds.

[Jennie, to Irene] Favourite... How many change trays does one need?

[Irene] I have 3.

[Jennie, nearly spitting her tea] You what?

 

 

Later that evening, Irene prepares some food in her kitchen. She puts a tray of a whole chicken and a tray of vegetable platter into the oven to cook. While the rest of the guests join Jennie in watching TV, Johnny intrudes into the kitchen. He inspects every inch, absolutely amazed by Wendy's cookware. He sees the knife collection on display.

[Johnny, picking one out] OMG, is this a Miyabi Chef's Knife?

He runs his finger on the blunt end of the knife, admiring it.

[Irene, washing her hands] Yes. But the real collection to look at are those in there. 

She points at a drawer, then picks up a cloth to dry her hands. Johnny opens the drawer and sees a collection of knives too intricately designed for cooking tasks.

[Johnny, glowing] Wow.

He picks one out and checks out the details and craftsmanship on it.

[Johnny] Any of these yours?

[Irene] I have one Wusthof. Having separate knives for separate tasks is more of Wendy's thing.

[Johnny] One knife to rule them all. As expected, you're a very practical person.

[Irene, chuckling] I'm a boring person. 

[Johnny, leaning on the tabletop] Don't say that.

Irene finds a spot next to Johnny.

[Irene] How did you know Wendy?

[Johnny] I've had the honour to dine a few times at KW on Sous Chef's night. There was once Wendy served duck, it was so good, I still think about it once in a while. The duck was fragrant, vibrantly plated, the flavours were bold... Then when you put it in your mouth and you savour it, it melts and fades to this rich, sophisticated aftertaste. Never had anything like it.

Irene could not help but to smile. She was proud of Wendy.

[Irene] She does amazing things to food.

[Johnny] You must be very supportive of her.

[Irene] I try to be. But sometimes, even I can't get into her head. 

[Johnny, staring into space] If I have someone, I'll be there for them when they need me and I'll always support them.

He looks to Irene for a response. She smiles in agreement and gives a light nod.

 

 

At dinner, Jennie had the boys bring out an extra table to seat the group. Joy and Yeri lay out the cutlery while Seulgi helps Irene bring out the dishes and arrange them on the table. 

[Seulgi] This smells way too good. As expected of Son Wendy's girlfriend.

Seulgi was getting more comfortable with the fact that her crush already has a stable relationship.

[Irene] Wait until she makes food for you.

[Johnny, dramatically] Ah, my idol.

[Taeyong, pointing across the table] Kang Seulgi is my idol.

[Seulgi, blushing] Why thank you.

[Jisoo, playing up Seulgi] South Korea's very own it girl. Two-time Daesang winner. Forbes 30 under 30, Class of 2021. Her first EP? Topped the charts for 20 weeks, consecutively. Probably still up there as we're talking.

Joy pulls out her phone to check.

[Joy, aggressively nodding] Still up there.

[Jisoo] 21 weeks now.

[Taeyong, gleefully] Also topped the list of female idols chosen by girl gays.

Everyone turns to look at him.

[Johnny, raising an eyebrow] And how exactly did you know that?

[Taeyong, still gleeful] Research!

He quickly takes a seat, and the rest follow. Irene sees a drumstick already missing from the whole chicken. She turns to the suspect. 

[Jennie, eating her drumstick] This is really good...

Everyone judges her for a moment as Jisoo tucks in too.

[Jisoo, stretching across the table] THE OTHER DRUMSTICK IS MINE!

 

 

At the same time, it was Sous Chef's Night at KW. Nigel took the day off to handle some personal affairs so Wendy temporarily took over the head chef position, serving her own menu and leading the crew for the night. She checks the dishes at the counter and decides if they are good enough to be served.

[Wendy] Jason! Fish for table 10 is undercooked, I need 4 new ones fired right now.

[Jason, quickly] Heard!

[Wendy, turning to the other side of the room] Joon, 4 more sauces for Jason's fish! Fire in 2 minutes.

[Joon, stirring his saucepan] Heard, Chef!

The kitchen was busier than ever, with gourmets from all over the city flocking over to try Wendy's tasting menu. After all, she is one of the hottest, up-and-coming names in the Asian culinary world right now. A waiter scurries into the kitchen.

[Waiter, with excitement] Chef! Han Joonseok is here!

The chefs cheer, while Wendy remains nonchalant.

[Wendy] Cool, I'll greet him after service.

Han Joonseok is a Korean chef who won 3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter