I said, stop pretending like you know me inside out.

She Has A Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHE HAS A GIRLFRIEND EPISODE 3

I SAID, STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU KNOW ME INSIDE OUT.

 

 

Appearing this episode,

Name: Lee Taeyong

Occupation: Model; Idol Trainee; Sophomore at Elias Conservatory of Music

Relationships: Suh Johnny (best friend); Park Joy (close friend); Kim Yerim (close friend); Kang Seulgi (close friend)

 

Name: Suh Johnny

Occupation: Model; Idol Trainee; Sophomore at Elias Conservatory of Music

Relationships: Lee Taeyong (best friend); Park Joy (close friend); Kim Yerim (close friend); Kang Seulgi (close friend)

 

Name: Bae Daniel

Occupation: Lawyer (formerly); Judge (formerly); Businessman

Relationships: Bae Irene (daughter); Bae Isabella (daughter)

 

Name: Lee Sunmi

Occupation: Idol Singer

Relationships: Kang Seulgi (industry junior); Lee Jieun (close friend)

 

Name: Kim Sejeong

Occupation: Chef de Partie at KW Restaurant (formerly); Bartender at Bergling Bar

Relationships: Son Wendy (mentor and crush)

 

 

At Wendy and Irene's apartment, Wendy serves a scrumptious dinner.

[Jennie] Wow this looks really good. Thanks Wendy~

[Wendy] Let me know what you want to eat tomorrow, I'll make it.

[Jennie] I'm gonna marry someone like you.

[Wendy] Aw that's sweet.

[Irene, arms folded] Did you get kicked out?

[Jennie, munching] I moved out.

[Irene, sternly] Why?

[Jennie] I didn't like the guy Dad tried to set me up with, some real estate mogul with a really tacky English name.

[Wendy, chuckling] Like what, John?

Jennie clickes her tongue.

[Irene] John Han is possibly the only bachelor in Korea who can support your extravagant lifestyle.

[Jennie, chewing] Exactly what my dad said. Which is why I'm trying out a lifestyle change!

Jennie stands up and raises a finger in the air.

[Jennie, beaming with hope] I'll make it on my own...

[Irene] By freeloading?

[Jennie, sitting back down] Hey, I'll pay rent! I'll pay for my share of food, gas, utility and whatever else there is. I make decent money from sponsorships!

[Irene, turning to Wendy] What do you say?

[Wendy] I don't mind.

[Jennie, winks] I promise I won't interrupt y time~

Wendy smiles, Irene shakes her head. They continue eating dinner.

 

 

At Jisoo and Seulgi's apartment, Jisoo serves ramen.

[Jisoo] WITH EXTRA EGG!

[Seulgi] I'm famished.

They pull apart their wooden chopsticks and roll them. Each with one leg up on the chair, they tuck in.

[Jisoo, slurping some noodles] I've got a whole post-heartbreak package prepared for you. We have ice cream in the freezer and alcohol in the cupboard. By tomorrow morning, you'll be just fine.

[Seulgi, after swallowing a mouthful of soup] Ah~ What heartbreak? I didn't even have a chance to crush on her.

[Jisoo] Aren't there nice girls in your class? Park Joy seems to have a sassy personality.

[Seulgi] She's hella funny sometimes. Still, you can't force feelings.

[Jisoo] True. But you're Kang Seulgi after all, you won't be single for long.

[Seulgi, taking a bite] I hope you're right.

[Jisoo] Anyway, I heard there's this apartment complex near school. Apparently all the rich kids who go to SM live there. It's comfortable, has good amenities, a great view and...

[Seulgi] And Jennie lives there.

[Jisoo] Hehehe... 

[Seulgi] Does she know you're a stalker?

[Jisoo] Hey! She was the one who told me about it. She used to live with her parents, but as of today she moved in there with Irene and her girlfriend.

Seulgi's heart drops.

[Jisoo] Ah... sho-rry.

They slurp their noodles.

[Seulgi] Irene's girlfriend. Do you know about her?

[Jisoo] You sure you want to talk about this? She really is a great catch.

[Seulgi] Then that could help me move on.

Jisoo clears .

[Jisoo] Son Wendy, Sous Chef at KW Restaurant. She's bubbly, friendly and cheerful. Everyone adores her... but she only has two passions, cooking and Irene.

[Seulgi] Can you do it without your ad-libs, it's way too corny.

Jisoo smacks the table.

[Jisoo] Hey do you want intel or not?

[Seulgi] Go on.

[Jisoo] She has been cooking since she was 5, worked in a kitchen since she was 12...

[Seulgi] Isn't that child labour?

[Jisoo] Not if it's a family kitchen. She juggled part-time jobs in professional kitchens throughout middle school and high school. Then, she decided not to go to university. 3 months after she started working as Sous for KW, they got their first Michelin star. Everyone knows she's going to win them another one.

[Seulgi] Wow.

[Jisoo] They've known each other since they middle school. Jennie said Irene was the one who courted Wendy. 

[Seulgi] Now I'm really curious about what she's like. She must be very nice.

[Jisoo, swirling her hand in the air] In Jennie's words, if Irene is cold and graceful as the moon, Wendy is warm and lovely like the sun.

[Seulgi] Mmm... No, that's definitely one of your ad-libs. 

 

 

The next day, Jisoo drives Seulgi to school.

[Jisoo] Technically, I'm your senior in school. Why am I the only one driving?

[Seulgi] Because I don't have a license.

[Jisoo] Then get one!

Thud! As they stop at a red light, another car collides with the back of theirs. Seulgi and Jisoo jerk forward.

[Seulgi, grabbing her neck] Ouch!

[Jisoo] Ah!

The two get off the car to check the damage. 

[Jisoo] Okay, at least we can claim insurance for this.

[Seulgi] It doesn't look that bad. 

Jisoo squats down to inspect. Three women alight from the other car.

[Jennie] I'm so sorry... Are you guys okay?

[Seulgi] Oh it's Jennie... We're fine. 

Seulgi kicks Jisoo lightly. The latter slowly stands up and turns around.

[Jisoo, pleasantly surprised] Oh? 

Irene lowers herself to check the damage.

[Irene, sweeping her hair behind her ear] Is it bad?

[Seulgi, waving her hands] It's okay, we've got insurance.

Seulgi sees another woman coming out of the back seat. 

[Seulgi, thinking] That must be Wendy...

She wore a plain T shirt and skinny jeans, a very simple outfit that complimented her body line. Her light blonde hair was a bob that ended at her ear lobes. Her see-through bangs brought out her make-up. She looked neat and friendly, glowing bright like the sun, exactly how Jisoo described yesterday.

[Wendy, handing out a namecard] You can call me if you need any compensation.

[Jennie] It's okay, Wendy. They're from school, we know each other!

Irene moves towards Wendy and holds onto her arm.

[Irene] This is Wendy, my girlfriend.

[Wendy, recognising the Kang Seulgi] Hello!

[Seulgi] Hi...

[Wendy, extending her hand] I work at KW, we served you at the restaurant once?

[Seulgi, shaking Wendy's hand] Yes I remember now, I enjoyed the food very much. It's nice to meet you. 

[Jisoo, sensing tension] Nice to meet you, Wendy! We all have to get going, we're blocking the road!

Jisoo hurries to the driver seat of their car. She tries to start the engine. Jennie walks back to the driver seat of Wendy's car.

[Irene, lifting a finger] No!

[Jennie, with puppy-dog-eyes] But...

[Irene, sternly] Wendy will drive us.

Wendy walks over to the driver seat.

[Wendy, whispering] Give her a few days to cool down, then you can drive again.

[Jennie] Hehe okay!

Jennie opens the rear door and gets into the car. 

[Jisoo] Uhm guys... I think we need to call a tow truck for our car...

[Seulgi, whipping out her phone] I'll call insurance.

[Wendy] I'll drive you guys. Come on.

[Irene] Yes, join us please, it's the least we can do.

With Wendy driving and Irene in the passenger seat, Seulgi and Jisoo at the back, and Jennie sandwiched between them, they continue their journey to school.

[Seulgi] I thought you guys stayed near school.

[Jennie, sounding guilty] I wanted to drop Wendy off at work first, since she's been so hospitable...

Jisoo places her hand on Jennie's to comfort her. They smile at each other.

[Wendy, looking at Seulgi, then Jisoo through the rear mirror] It's nothing at all. You guys should join us for dinner some time. I'll make something nice.

[Jisoo] Sure, we're moving into the estate next week!

[Irene] Which block?

[Jisoo] Block 3, Unit 4.

[Jennie] Oh! We're Unit 3.

[Jisoo, literally glowing with happiness] So we'll be neighbours then?

[Wendy] What a coincidence.

[Jennie] Can I sleepover when my parents have their alone time?

Irene and Wendy chuckle. Jisoo glances at Seulgi.

[Jisoo, to Jennie] Come over whenever.

Jennie tries to hide a shy smile.

[Seulgi] I'm looking forward to dinner. The food I had at KW was so good...

[Wendy] That's very kind. Irene will arrange with you guys. Let me know about allergies and what you like to eat.

[Seulgi] Thank you, you're so nice.

 

 

A sulking Seulgi sips her milkshake.

[Joy] I thought everyone knew about Irene's girlfriend.

[Yeri, putting a hand on Seulgi] It's okay, everyone gets over it eventually.

[Seulgi] It's just hard to stay friendly right now.

[Yeri] Don't force yourself. I'm sure Jisoo will understand if you're uncomfortable with having dinner.

[Seulgi] But I have to be. If not, things will get very awkward for everyone.

[Joy, flipping her hair with a hand] Just show up and be fabulous.

[Yeri] Hey, you're Kang Seulgi. Watch this.

Yeri starts singing Queendom. 

[Yeri] Hey, here we go again~

[Joy] Oh hey, gateun ggumsoge~

Soon, everyone in the canteen st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter