She has a girlfriend.

She Has A Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHE HAS A GIRLFRIEND PILOT

SHE HAS A GIRLFRIEND

19/11/2021

 

On a sunny Monday morning, Jisoo drives Seulgi to school.

[Radio Channel #1] Good morning, this is Sarah Han reporting for IN news. A few days ago, it was reported that SM University had tampered with the attendance and results of K-Pop Idols A, B and C, so they could qualify for graduation. The ministry of education has revoked the degrees attained by A, B and C, while the public continues to criticise SM University for its preferential treatment towards idols. As a new semester starts, netizens say they will be carefully watching idols currently attending SM University. The list includes Kang Seulgi, who had just won a Daesang earlier this year…

Jisoo switches the radio channel.

[Radio Channel #2] Next up is the hit track from top star Kang Seulgi’s first EP...

[Jisoo] Don’t stress yourself out unnecessarily. I cleared your schedule, since you won't be promoting anymore this year, we'll just focus on getting through school.

She puts a hand on Seulgi’s shoulder.

[Jisoo] You’ll be fine.

[Radio Channel #2] Queens! Ah yeah ah yeah~ Ah yeah ah yeah~

[Seulgi] Sigh. What do I do without you?

Seulgi gives Jisoo a bitter smile.

[Radio Channel #2] We are queens in the red castle~

Seulgi rolls down the passenger seat window, and rests her head on her arm, looking outside at the greenery as the car turns into campus. Jisoo glances to see what Seulgi is doing.

[Jisoo] Yah, sunglasses! We’re in campus now!

Seulgi immediately retracts her head back into the car and rolls up the window. While keeping an eye on the road, Jisoo fumbles a pair of sunglasses and passes it to Seulgi. The latter immediately puts them on.

[Students] COS WE ARE QUEENS AND KINGS SONEUL DEO NOPHI~

The car stops at a drop off point.

[Students] AREUMDAPGE SHINING BLING BLING~

[Jisoo] Everyone is singing it hahahaha… 

[Seulgi] I’m glad. Thanks for the ride, Jisoo.

Seulgi gets off the car. A hoard of students rush over, some with flowers in their hand, one of them even holding a signboard. She hides her face with a hand.

[Seulgi, thinking] C’mon, it’s only my first day! Give me a break.

The students brush past Seulgi, and knocked her over.

[Students] Excuse me… // Sorry, coming through!

Jisoo gets off the car and walks around it to help Seulgi up. A few metres away from them, the students cluster around the entrance of Building A. Seulgi and Jisoo look over to see what all the fuss was about. 

Two girls were walking towards the entrance. The first girl had luscious brown locks and was dressed fashionably in pastel colours. She looked as small as her little backpack. The second girl had dark straight hair, a shade very close to pitch black, and was dressed sharply in burgundy. The first girl shyly held onto the arm of the second girl, who was visibly annoyed from all the attention.

[Seulgi, taking off her sunglasses.] Wow.

[Jisoo] I know.

A girl emerged from behind Jisoo’s right shoulder.

[Girl] They’re 3rd year law students. See the cute one? Her name is Kim Jennie. Chaebol daughter, also insta-famous ulzzang. Officially the prettiest girl in school.

[Jisoo, looking over her shoulder] I didn’t ask.

[Seulgi, crossing over Jisoo] What about the cool one?

[Girl] Bae Irene. Everyone in her family is either a judge, a prosecutor, a lawyer, or training to be one of those. Unofficially, the prettiest girl in school. 

[Seulgi, repeating to herself under her breath] Bae Irene. Irene…

[Jisoo] Are they dating each other?

[Girl] Completely platonic. They’re best friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

As Irene and Jennie enter the building, the group of students disperse.

[Girl] I’m Park Joy, second year music student. Also, huge fan.

Joy sticks out her hand. Seulgi shakes it.

[Seulgi] Park Joy? I think I'm in your class.

[Joy] All second year music students are in the same class. And OMG, I get to take Kang Seulgi to class?

[Jisoo, interrupting Joy’s moment] It’s 8.50, y’all better get going.

[Seulgi] This is Jisoo, my manager.

[Joy] Hi, I’ll see you around.

[Jisoo] Ok, now go! 

Jisoo pushes the other two to get on their way. While Seulgi and Joy and disappear in the distance, Jisoo thinks about what to have for lunch. She wonders what Kim Jennie’s favourite food is.

[Campus Guard] Excuse me… Excuse me.

[Jisoo] Oh. Sorry, yes?

[Campus Guard] Miss, this is a drop-off. You can’t park here.

[Jisoo] Sorry, I’ll move along.

 

 

Seulgi and Joy hurry into Lecture Hall B1. From a seat several steps down, a girl waves at J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter