Two

Wait for me

Since the company allowed JaeMin to have a break before enlistment, he had nothing else to do. For a week, he stayed at his parents house and visits his grandmother as often as possible because 24 months is a long period. About 5 days into that week of nothingness, JaeMin's mother suggested that he go out and take himself for a date. Which is something Na JaeMin actually loved doing, the only problem is the attention that he'll attract, his mother claimed people are cautious, ever since corona virus happened in 2020, everyone starts wearing mask, it became normal for one to wear masks and the newly shaved head of his makes him unrecognizable. 

 

Na JaeMin staring blankly at his mother, he didn't think of it as that easy. It took him 2 more days to plan out his unrecognizable trip. He chose Jeonju, because it's his birth place and there are places there he wanted to visit. Outfit to make simple, not to stand out that much. His camera, Sony A9 CMOS Sensor Full-Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera, to capture moments of people.

 

 

At Jeonju, people there barely look at JaeMin. Most of the people thought he's a tourist as he wears his camera around his neck and takes picture of landscapes and people. Typical tourist. He found a cafe that has private rooms, he ordered with his face masks on and only took it after his order is served. He booked a room via airbnb and show the QR code to scan his booking. No one recognized him. Perfect. 

 

On his third day, unexpectedly, Na JaeMin bumped into a girl, dropped his camera bag and coffee. While the girl dropped a similar looking bag and her books. They looked onto each other's eye for a quick second and got shy and apologised to each other, taking their things with them.

 

 

 

JaeMin went back to his airbnb, took out his camera and checked if it was damaged. Something's odd” he thought. He checked the pocket for the lenses, there's no lenses, he checked again the other bag and its pockets. No lenses. He checked the actual bag, is this even mine? Nana looked at the camera, it's the same brand and type. But not mine. He contemplated carefully what the girl looked like. He only took a quick glance. What if she's a fan? So many what ifs in his head, he then looked again at the camera. The SD card, he blurted. There's no time for privacy matters, soon the other person will realized that it is his camera that's in her hands.

 

 

 

----

DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to real persons or other real-life entities is purely coincidental. All characters and other entities appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, dead or alive, or other real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental. The use of NCT, SME, other idols & their respective companies are featured purely out of imagination of the author and NOT based on their actual being.