Final Scene

Pelikula
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wendy’s POV

Mt. Carmel Chapel 9:00 AM

Last Scene

“I’ll leave this scene up to you. You can even abandon the script fully.” Joy announced snapping the clapboard immediately, winking at me before sitting back down on her monobloc chair. Irene went outside of the door and Seulgi sat near the altar waiting for my cue.

 

“Lakas ng hangin dito para kang binubulungan ni San Pedro.” Joy laughed beside me.

 

The church of fulfilled dreams. A stone chapel located on the top of the hill, blended in the sea of clouds. It’s almost like a preview of heaven because of an overwhelming feeling of tranquility. Its wooden interiors are designed with scattered lavenders and strands of white cloth in the ceiling appearing like free-flowing clouds with the way the strong winds blow it from time to time. The gushing of wind also echoes inside, like a whisper.

“According to the locals, whisper your dreams into the air and it will become true.” Joy said caressing the pebble stones on the chapel’s wall, “Iba rin pagkahopeless romantic nito ni Seulgi dati.”

 

Joy told me that if Seulgi and Irene didn’t break up they would end up marrying each other here. After all, Seulgi was so sure of Irene that she already planned the marriage even before their 3rd anniversary.

 

“We all want the best things for someone we love. It’s normal.” I replied. 

 

“Buti di ka natatakot like we are here— on their what could’ve been. What if di na bumalik sa’yo, dito na siya forever?” Yeri approached me with a subtle smile on her face. 

 

“She’ll come back to me. I know. I’m sure. Seulgi’s engaged din so stop with your issues and go get a girlfriend or a boyfriend after this.” I said and flicked the kid’s forehead. 

 

Irene made Seulgi her world. I understood that. However, 4 years with Irene had taught me that love that lasts isn’t about making another person your world, it’s about creating a whole new one together and that’s what we did.


Irene as Iris in her orange wedding dress (imagine niyo nalang orange lol)

Seulgi as Seji in the final scene

 

Orange.

 

Irene was walking steadily along the aisle wearing her orange wedding dress. I told her to walk in there like I am the one waiting for her at the end and there was an unbelievable amount of joy in my heart as soon as the door opened and her eyes were sparkling brighter than the sequins embedded on her dress.

 

I wanted to marry her right on the spot.  Pero hindi pa, wag muna. 

 

“Uy Wends diba dapat tatayo na si Seulgi?” Yeri whispered.

 

Seulgi was supposed to stand up as soon as she heard the opening of the doors but instead, she remained still, looking straight at the empty altar, her eyes sparkling in a different way, due to tears pooling in the corner of her eyes. 

 

“Hayaan mo lang.” I said to Yeri.

 

Seulgi was sitting there with her casual wear, grubby and disheveled. She seemed to be waiting there for too long, so long that when the doors opened she knew that it was too late and whoever was behind the door didn’t come for her. 

 

So she sat there, bracing herself in every click of the bride’s heels.

 

“Seji?”

Irene, my love, the woman I poured my heart into years before she finally did accept, changed her gaze. A gaze that I know was specifically made by one person. Seulgi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter