Chapter 3

SAVING FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Adrian Lee was on a business trip when he received the news that his wife was brought to the emergency room. That his wife tried to end her life by jumping from her hotel room at the 3rd floor. That she left a suicide note with just a messy scrawl of I can't live like this anymore. I'm sorry for everything I've done.

But he doesn't believe any of that.

He doesn't believe that Daniella Romero would even think of killing herself for some regrets she had miraculously felt at that time.

He doesn't believe that she would ever feel guilty about anything.

Because Daniella Romero doesn't have a conscience.

She lived to serve herself and nothing else.

Her father didn't believe it either. He knows her daughter too much. He knows her daughter is exactly like him and regrets, repentance, guilt are words which doesn't exist in their lives. But he loves his spawn and would do anything to protect her. He bought the media to keep silent about her fall, fully believing someone is out there trying to kill her daughter. Either his enemies. Or hers. The media would just dig up dirt on their family trying to decipher if the suicide note is real or if not, why someone is attempting to kill the daughter of a powerful man. And that is something David Romero doesn't want anyone to delve into. He would deal with it the same way he deals with everyone he is displeased with. Eternal silence.

For six years, Adrian tried to be the puppet they want him to be. From the moment he had married Daniella Romero, he knew his life is no longer his. He married Daniella to save TechNext from going into the hands of David Romero who had trapped his father into a huge amount of debt. They lost everything and they were about to lose TechNext before David Romero offered a solution to his father. Marry his son to his daughter and he would give the company back to the Lee Family.

He had known Daniella Romero as a spoiled, pampered princess by hearsay.

But they were wrong. Far from it.

She was an obsessive, scheming, manipulative woman that Adrian had the misfortune of knowing. And marrying. He tried to tolerate her the first two years.... But she had done things that he had never imagine anyone could do. And the worst thing is, she enjoyed it. Enjoyed seeing his misery. Enjoyed seeing him suffer.

You'll have no one but me, Adrian. You will have no one left.

"Adrian?"

Adrian looked up from his computer to see his assistant, Spencer Li, entering his office at TechNext. He was initially a spy that David Romero had planted on him but he eventually turned over and is now working with Adrian.

To bring David Romero down.

"Tell me you have good news," Adrian said.

Spencer gave a small shook of his head. "I can't hack into their server. Whatever security code they have placed, it's airtight."

"Dammit," Adrian muttered. They had already tried various ways to hack into a number of David Romero's businesses to know which one are being used to launder money. It hasn't been easy since they had to do it discreetly. So far, they weren't able to find any information that could serve as an additional proof that David Romero had been laundering money through means of illegal activities and the latest business they are trying to get into, Atom Industries, is one of the largest company that the Romeros are running.

"Seeing as I'm really not a hacker, I could say it's airtight," Spencer added. "Are you sure you don't want to hire a professional hacker on this one?"

"No. I can't trust anyone," Adrian said shaking his head.

"I did detected something suspicious though," Spencer said after a moment of hesitation. "One of their servers is connected to a hidden IP which I've located in a small abandoned warehouse in Paranaque."

"Send me the location," Adrian said sudden anticipation building. This might be it. The crack which they have been looking for to drive David Romero behind bars. And everyone connected to him. They just needed more than enough proof.

"Dude, this could be really dangerous," Spencer said knowing full well that Adrian would be going to it the first chance he got.

Adrian lifted his eyes to look at his friend. "What more have I got to lose?"

Spencer studied him for a minute before taking his phone out and sending him the location with a silent sigh. "Just be careful okay." He doesn't want to regret telling him that little bit of information but he wished he had kept it to himself until he found further proof on David Romero's Illegal dealings. He used to work for David Romero because he thought he saved him, reporting on every actions that Adrian Lee does but when he found out that his parents were actually killed by David Romero himself to gain what piece of land their family owned, the anger he felt was indescribable. He was fooled by the man. He had the son of the parents he killed working for him in gratitude. He had approached Adrian Lee and told him everything that David Romero is planning while still pretending to be working for him.

And that was the start of their working relationship which eventually turned into friendship. Adrian's parents were killed in a fire and Adrian had also believed it was done by David Romero to get the Lees farm land where he built his power plant. He had him marry his daughter to him so he could get that land. After removing everything on its way.

"I'm always careful," Adrian said. Proof that he is since he is still alive. Or maybe he is not killed yet because Daniella Romero is making sure that he will live to suffer.

But that won't be for long.

"How's the wife?" Spencer asked him changing the subject.

"In her room." She was brought to the hospital when some people found her passed out on the street in Pasig. Her father immediately ordered her to be brought back at the house. She hasn't come out of her room in two days since she was brought back.

"Still alive?" Spencer asked with a smirk.

Adrian paused at looked at Spencer. "It's too bad she survived the fall."

 

 

 

Two days.

She had been shut up in this room for two days now doing nothing but staring at the mirror, seeing the same image of the strange woman with every blink of her eyes ever since she regained her consciousness.

This is impossible no matter how many times she tried to stare at the woman in the mirror. It's her, Sandrina Parke. But this woman is not her. How can this happen? This is some kind of a cosmic fluke. Or a practical joke that fate decided to play her.

This is not real.

In fact, what she could accept as real is if she is indeed taken by a syndicate and her face changed through surgery to look like someone else. She had watched stuff like that on crime TV all the time. That is more real. But her in another human's body? That is impossible. Utterly impossible!

But here she is.

Alive in another woman's body while the real her... is dead.

She sniffled as she remembered that sleeping peaceful face of hers underneath the glass of the casket where her body was laid at.

Her grandma... her grandpa... Charleen.... How are they now? She would give anything to tell them she's still here. Still alive.

But will they believe her?

She looked at the woman in the mirror again. The woman had a pale face, too pale. Or maybe that was because she was sick. Her hair was long and limp down her back and streaked with blond hair, she had a small, lean build and she's shorter. Probably around 5'3 or 5'4 whereas Sandy stands at 5'6, her hair only shoulder length and she was a little on the muscular side which she can guess was because of her dancing since she was little. This woman could not be any more different from her. Physically, that is.

But this woman looks so familiar too, she had been thinking where she had seen her. Trying to connect any dot she could find to explain this... unbelievable occurrence. "Who are you?" she whispered as she stared at the mirror. The maids who were bringing her food the last two days were calling her Miss. Miss who? She had been so depressed from everything that is happening that she couldn't even find the energy to form a question.

Though she did recall that first maid who brought her food called her Miss Daniella. So Daniella is the name of this woman.

Sandy wiped the tears from her eyes and inhaled deeply. Get over it, Sandrina Parke! This is not you! You're a fighter like grandma and grandpa. This is nothing! She looked at the mirror again and saw the determination on the strange woman's face. First thing she needs to do is find Charleen. She would believe her. She knew she would!

Maybe she ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter