CHAPTER 10

SAVING FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Adrian winced as he sat down carefully on his chair, putting a hand over his side hoping the stab wound wasn’t bleeding. He could feel beads of sweat forming on his forehead even though the AC inside his office is already full blast. He closed his eyes as he waited for the pain to pass before exhaling loudly. He wet his dry lips and moved the mouse to remove his computer from idle mode.

 

He had forced himself to go to work just for the sake of appearances. He already missed a day from the time he was stabbed and he is pretty sure Raul is already planning how to ambush him and prove it was him who had gone inside the warehouse. He’s also pretty sure Raul already had his henchmen checked each nearby hospitals to find if he had gone there to be treated. How Raul could think he was that stupid, he had no idea.

 

As he had expected, Raul was waiting for him at the parking lot  when he arrived at TechNext. That arrogant smirk plastered on his face, his eyes roaming over Adrian as if he was expecting him to bleed in front of his eyes.

 

“I see you’re still alive,” Raul said mockingly, taking a long whiff from his cigarette before tossing it away.

 

Adrian just gave him a raise of his eyebrows as he closed the door of his car, thanking this idiot for paying him a visit that morning and not later when his wound is still freshly dressed and no blood seeping over the bandage yet. It still hurt like a but if there is one thing he is good at, it’s enduring pain without looking pained.

 

“Where were you yesterday?” Raul continued as he approached him, his eyes scrutinizing him closely, the smell of cigarette still reeking from him. “You didn’t come to work.”

 

Adrian feigned a resigned expression. “I’m sorry but what the do you want?” The only communication that he can remember ever having with Raul was him making fun of his parents at their own funeral and Adrian breaking his nose. It took three men to get Adrian off him and Raul had always hold a grudge over being beaten by a weakling. Thinking it unfair that he can’t even retaliate because Adrian is considered David Romero’s family.

 

Raul smirked widely. “I know it’s you.”

 

“It’s me what?” He made his tone sound annoyed then broke out in a thoughtful expression. “Ah… right. Daniella told me what happened.” Or Nan did. “That… someone stole something?” Adrian snorted shaking his head.

 

Raul’s smirk faded and Adrian knew he was pissed at the thought that he is being laughed at. That’s the thing with stupid people. They think they are so smart that no one could outsmart them. They think they are fool-proof and take it as a huge insult if someone undermined their supposed intelligence.

 

Which is why it’s so easy to fool them.

 

Particularly, this standing in front of him. All brawn and no brain. Adrian just needed a day to dispel his strong suspicion that it was him who had gone there that night.

 

“How’s that going for you?” Adrian continued pinning Raul with a mocking smile. He watched as Raul’s hands fisted on his side.

 

“I know it’s you who went to the warehouse,” he repeated.

 

“Uh huh.” He nodded then narrowed his eyes pensively. “Does David know?” He stressed the name and he watched Raul’s face hardened. Of course, he still hasn’t told David Romero about that night. Because the minute David Romero found out the lax in security from which he entrusted Raul… no, he wouldn’t be killed. He would be tortured.

 

That is if he hasn’t found the culprit.

 

Raul’s eyes went over to Adrian’s side from where he remembered stabbing the man that night and he knew he was already thinking of proving his suspicion by that stab wound. Probably considering grabbing him.

 

But he knew that the only thing that’s stopping him is the thought that he might be wrong no matter how sure he is. And if he is in fact wrong, Adrian would no doubt call David Romero and watch in glee as he is taken away. Not to mention the fact that Daniella Romero had already told him and his men that Adrian was with her the whole night. What is his reason for thinking it was Adrian Lee? No hospital records, no sightings of him coming out of the house after coming home….

 

It’s not like he can ask him to lift up his shirt. If he even dared to touch Adrian just to see if he is wounded, it would be assault if he turned not to have any. He would then be taken away simply because he attacked Adrian Lee. After all, he is still David Romero’s son-in-law.

 

“Whatever you’re guarding there must’ve been pretty important,” Adrian continued. “Want me to call my father-in-law to help you find whoever it is you’re looking for? I’m sure he would be glad to help.”

 

“Don’t with me,” Raul threatened.

 

Adrian’s smirked mockingly before walking past leaving him there with clenched fists knowing he wouldn’t even risk it by touching him.

 

David Romero is smart and cunning. Fortunately, his men isn’t. That is one luck he is glad to have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After spending an entire day at the office doing the things he normally do on a day to day basis, he finally decided it’s finally safe to go home now since it is usually the time he leaves the office. He is definite Raul paid someone here to watch his every move. Probably hoping he would take a trip to the hospital. Or give any indication that he was in pain. But no. He would never give them that. He already worked too hard to get this far and no stab wound can ruin it.

 

He couldn’t even feel it anymore. It has begun to be so painful that he started to be numb from it. He checked the bandage in the bathroom and had seen the red blossoming over the gauze but he couldn’t even risk going to the pharmacy so he tried to use a handkerchief and used his tie to bind it around his stomach.

 

Spencer wanted to come back to the office to start decoding what little data Adrian had managed to download but Adrian insisted for him to finish the task he called about this morning. He’ll try to extract it on his own. If he was even able to download any important information. Spencer just sighed but didn’t ask why looking into someone named Sandrina Parke takes precedence. He fully trusted Adrian in his every decisions.

 

And Adrian couldn’t wait until he get all that information. To have all the questions answered. His mind always drift to that night when Daniella stitched him up. And all those things she told Nan when they thought he was sleeping. Nothing is adding up. Unless he had to consider the impossibility of what Nan had told him.

 

Which doesn’t make sense either. All through out the day, it is turning more and more into a huge mystery that he can’t wait until he finally figure it out. And he need what information Spencer can get. Taken exactly from Daniella’s mouth. Sandrina Parke.

 

He didn’t know how that will answer all the questions on why Daniella is acting like how she acts now but at least he might get something there.

 

Explanations on why she didn’t rat him out, why she saved his life, why she is acting so compassionate and being very convincing at it…. Yes. There is going to be an explanation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He finally gave out the pretense of being fine when he closed the door behind him when he got inside his house. He looked down at his shirt, pretty sure the wound is bleeding again even though he tried to limit his movement as much as he can. So far, there is no blood yet oozing from his polo shirt. Which he could take as a good sign. He paused to consider if he needs to change the bandage first then decided to just do it after saving the contents of the flash drive so he can destroy it. He had stashed it underneath the secret compartment of his desk that morning. He strode over to the direction of his office to try to figure out how to decrypt the data and his forehead creased when he heard the TV blaring and a loud chuckling in the living room.

 

And saw Daniella sitting on the long sofa with a pillow on her lap holding a bag of chips, her feet propped up on the center table which has a number of empty plates and saucers, watching TV, the laughter still on her face, her eyes crinkling.

 

Sandy was still laughing when she caught sight of Adrian entering the living room and pausing at the sight of her, the frown evident on his face. “Oh, you’re home.” She immediately put the chips down on the table after pushing the pillow off her lap and imme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter