Tied (Finale)

Captive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica had just closed another deal for a new apartment building. And even though her co-workers were happy for her and teasing her to treat them to dinner, she just laughed it off and gave the team leader her card so they could eat out. She's not joining them. She never did unless Tiffany was there too.

"Jess, are you sure you're not coming with them? I mean, you need some time to enjoy." Tiffany said as she stood beside Jessica who's busy cleaning up her table.

"I'm fine. You know I'm never interested in that. Dinner together instead?" She asked as she put the folders in her drawer and locked it.

"Sure! That's why I'm here. I was about to ask you. Hurry up."

 

They both went to their usual go-to dinner restaurant. An Italian restaurant just near the office, which was the same place that Yuri and she both visited often in the past.

Their plates are now empty but their glasses are still filled with white wine.

"Someone already bought it."

"Bought what?"

"Your property. The building where you supposed to have the new office for B&E."

Three years ago, Yuri's lawyer met with Jessica. She was perplexed reviewing the document that the lawyer gave her. Yuri had put the property under her name. She didn't know why her ex-wife made that sudden decision. They never really had the chance to talk after her first and last visit. She knows how much Yuri hated her. Her ex-wife even told her to never come back because she didn't want to see her again.

So, why?

In the end, she wasn't able to do anything since Yuri's team was too insisting. She signed the papers and waited until everything was legally settled. It took her three years to finally decide to sell it.

"Kwon Enterprise bought it." Tiffany said in a straight face.

Jessica's eyes widened with half open hearing what Tiffany said. "K--Kwon?"

Tiffany hummed in response as she took a sip from her glass.

"Seriously?"

Tiffany gave a nod and it gave her chills. Her heart starts beating so fast, her hands start to feel numb. 

"Tiffany why didn't... Why didn't you tell me? I mean, why now?" Jessica starts to panic.

Tiffany then lets out a laugh. "Sorry Jess, I'm just... I'm just... messing with you." She laughed again. "It's Tyler Kwon. Not your Kwon."

Jessica heaved a sigh of relief then rolled her eyes. "I could kill you, you know?"

"Sorry Jess! Love you! They're settling the payment tomorrow. I'll let you know."

Jessica nodded. "Thank you. But I still hate you. Damn Young!"

Tiffany couldn't stop laughing until Jessica joined her too.

 

"Don't you ever want to see her again?" Tiffany asked after she requested the bill.

Jessica sighed. "Of course I do. But she didn't want to see me for sure. Besides, she looks happy and she's engaged."

"But we all know that it's not gonna work for so long. You know that in the end, it's still going to be you guys. You know that because you can never change that."

Jessica didn't answer. As much as she wanted to believe that, it doesn't change the fact that Yuri loves someone else now. And sooner or later she'll spend her life with that person, and that's not her. She knows that she can only force herself to her ex-wife again if the odds open for them. 

"Do you still love her?"

A heavy sigh was released. She nodded with tight lips.

"If there'll be a chance for us to meet again then, I'll figure it out. But for now, I don't have any plans to force it. It's enough that I see her in the news and social media." She sips from her glass then looks outside the window.

Her best friend felt her grief just by talking about Yuri. Tiffany doesn't usually ask about her. It just happens on some occasions like this. And she knows that Jessica hasn't fully moved on from her. She feels deeply sorry for Jessica but she can't do anything about it. No matter how many times she encouraged her to let go of everything, Jessica doesn't seem to change her mind. She's paying for her punishment the way she thinks she should and Tiffany can only stay by her side to support her.

To lighten up the mood, Tiffany asked her to go on a quick shopping trip. This could somehow help her let go of her thoughts about Yuri for a moment.

 

"Babe, are you sure you'll start working tomorrow?" Yoona asked while sitting on a chair watching Yuri prepare her outfit in the walk-in closet. "I mean, it's only been a week. Seo and your team can handle that without you."

Yuri hung her coat then went to Yoona. "Babe," She kneels in front of her. "it's fine. Besides, this is my business. I want to make sure I am there from day one."

Yoona sighed.

"Are you worried about me?" Yuri starts caressing her face.

Nothing worries Yoona more than Yuri being exposed to the public again. A week is not yet enough for Yuri to adjust to her new life outside. She's still everywhere on the news. Her fans haven't been pacified yet from the adrenalin rush since her release. And every single article that was released since she got out, Jessica is always mentioned and linked to Yuri. She is thankful though because Yuri hasn't gained access to any of her social media accounts. Of course, she can never change the past. But she hopes for Yuri to at least let the time pass before making herself accessible to the public again, especially the media.

"Yes. I mean, You haven't enjoyed your free time and now you're working already. I am not worried that you won't do great because I know you. You've always been the best. But I don't know."

"Well, I know I'll be fine because you'll be with me tomorrow right? So, I don't have to worry about anything. Just please trust me." She held both of Yoona's hands. "I just need to get this done and I promise you, we'll have a short vacation to anywhere you want. Okay?.

Yoona smiled then nodded. She held Yuri's face and planted a kiss on the forehead then hugged her. She trusts Yuri all her life. Nothing can question that. But she doesn't trust the people around them enough. And sometimes, herself. No one knows what can happen. She's starting to hate herself for overthinking. Yes, what scares her is the chance for Yuri and Jessica to meet again. Just thinking about the idea already makes her feel like something's choking her to death. Preparing herself for that matter will never come in time. The thought always brings her back to the time when she witnessed how drawn Yuri is to her ex-wife. How Yuri almost gave up everything for her. How weak Yuri was to that woman. How Yuri loved her so much.

Yuri killed someone for her.

No one can ever do that.

And all because she loved her that much.

But more than anything else, she knows that if the two had met, it's the end for her and Yuri.

She can only hold on to her thoughts and sigh in defeat when that day comes.

The day that she fears the most.

 

Yuri woke up just in time to do her routine. Half an hour of workout and cook them breakfast. Yoona noticed how excited Yuri is starting the day. She asks Seohyun about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter