The Devil Inside

Captive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a bright and sunny Wednesday, one of the days of the week that people in the center await because they get to see their loved ones. The weather is so good as it gives just enough warmth to everybody with the cool breeze that balances the temperature. Some are exercising and running on the grounds. Some have their group studies in the next building. The others are busy with furniture making and gardening.

Taeyeon is busy helping Yuri put the bandage on her injured left arm as they sit on the floor. They finished changing the gauze pad of her wound earlier. Yuri is still in pain when Taeyeon is putting on her shoulder cast. She was fortunate enough to have the wounds on her left shoulder, arm and hand healed quickly but her shoulder still hurts after the surgery. The knife used to stab that part reached a ligament and tore it. The reason why she needed the operation.

Hyoyeon is busy practicing her dance for the upcoming dance contest where she can win a visit transfer. Sooyoung on the other hand is hiding at the corner eating some chocolates that she got from her boyfriend Kyungho last week.

Boss Mina, as always, taking a nap after reading a chapter from her favorite book entitled How to Escape from Hell.

 

A few loud taps on the window, then slide it open making specks of dust fly to the air. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked at the window.

"Inmate 1205, Kwon Yuri. You have a visitor." A female officer calls from the window of the cell looking at the clipboard she's holding.

Taeyeon looks at Yuri and pats her head. She showed a smile then stood up. Hyoyeon gave her a pat on the back.

"Fighting!" Sooyoung yelled trying to hold the chocolate inside . Yuri smiles back at her then walks to the door.

The door opened as she stood there waiting.

"Hi, officer Ye Jin." She greeted her.

"It's your wife." The officer said. "Are you accepting it?"

Yuri starts to feel her blood boiling. Her gaze to nowhere was deadly. She breathes through her nose, her right hand forming a fist. It is going to be a fight in hell for sure.

"Kwon, I'm not gonna wait here the whole day." The officer sounded impatient putting down on her side the clipboard.

"Sorry." Yuri bows her head.

"You okay?"

Yuri puts up a smile as she looks at her. "Of course, Officer Ye Jin. I'll meet her."

 

The walk to the visitation room felt like walking on a burning charcoal runway. Yuri was surely mad. She already expected that her wife would never visit her after what happened. Besides, she didn't want to see or meet her too. What for?

Her case ran quickly. She only spent two weeks inside the pre-trial detention center then the verdict was finalized after that. She then got transferred to the correctional institution. It's been two months since her transfer, and her wife never visited her.

 

"Let me know if you need more time." Ye Jin said after opening the door of the cubicle.

"No, officer, thank you. Eight minutes is more than enough."

She doesn't want to receive any special treatments inside the center. She wanted to live there as a normal person like everyone else. But, Yuri's father loves her so much that he's willing to give anything for his daughter just to make sure she could live there in peace and comfort. Her dad is a friend of some of the most powerful people in the government. Her dad doesn't need to pull strings, it is given already. Anything that they can offer to Yuri is already placed on the table. She just needs to pick one, but she won't. She doesn't need to use that card, for now.

The officer nodded and Yuri bowed before entering the gates of hell.

 

She didn't look at her until she sat comfortably on the chair. She observes her wife who looks just the same as how she presents herself as always.

Her brunette hair is flat-ironed straight in the back. Light make-up that highlights her tired eyes and bags under. Black turtleneck undershirt and an all-black suit and trousers. A gold with shiny stones brooch pinned on her coat, a cursive initial of her name that Yuri gave her on her birthday. Sitting upright with her knees touching each other. Holding a branded black clutch bag on her lap which Yuri gifted her on their anniversary last year.

Yuri smirked.  you. She cursed in her mind.

"Are you just gonna stare at me and waste my precious time, wife?" Yuri said in a serious tone, emphasizing what she called her. The smirk didn't leave Yuri's lips that pretty much complement her glare.

Jessica looked down and gulped. Her hands are shaking trying her best to grip the bag tighter.

The silent tension fills the place. The glass between them could break anytime with the burning anger inside Yuri and the flaming desire of Jessica. 

"Ho.. how are--"

"How am I? I'm doing good! Living my life in glory!" Yuri said sarcastically.

Superiority is all over Yuri. Sitting there with legs crossed, back comfortably resting, her elbow pointed on the armrest while her hand is lightly fisted in the air. It would relax with her busy fingers snapping or playing the ring on her finger. Jessica couldn't talk and start a conversation and that made her sulk in disappointment.

"I saw you." Her wife looks at her. "I saw you in the news. At the funeral. Wailing like a child who just lost a toy. As if you're his wife." Jessica bowed her head in shame.

"That ing bastard. He ing deserves it." Yuri hissed then shakes her head.

"Yuri... How can you say that?" Jessica said looking at her wife's glare. "You stabbed him eight times!"

Yuri hissed, "I should have made it nine for my birthday and our anniversary." then she lets out a laugh.

"Yuri, please! You shouldn't have done it! I told you we're already talking about ending things between us."

"Oh yeah, you're breaking up with each other . What are you? A teenager? Breaking up after ?! after break up?!"

The tension silenced them. Jessica already prepared herself for Yuri's unannounced narrative. She knew that her wife would take this chance to tell her everything she's been wanting to say. And even if she knows she'll die internally with the words that are gonna be thrown at her, she still decided to be here. Still keeping her hopes up that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter