The Day

Captive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Boss Kwon, I'll miss you." Hyoyeon said as she wrapped her arm around Yuri and clung her legs to her friend.

Yuri puts back Hyoyeon's legs but her friend does it again. "Hyo! It's heavy! How can I sleep if you're being like this!" She said, sounding annoyed. Hyoyeon just whined and buried her head on Yuri's neck.

They are all lying down on the floor leaving no space in between them. All covered in a blanket, ready to sleep, but they can't find the rest they need for the night. As they wait for the sleep to vibe them, they stare at the ceiling with plenty of glow in the dark stars stickers.

"Yuri-yah, you'll be fine." Boss Mina said who's lying next to her. "You did well here inside, for sure you'll do well outside."

"Thanks, Boss. I really appreciate how well you treated me since day one. Thank you so much." Yuri looked at her then smiled.

"How does it feel, Yul?" Sooyoung asked while her hand was under her head. "I mean, now that you're getting out after six long years."

 Yuri sighed. "The truth is I don't know. I don't feel scared though. But... I just feel different."

"It's fine Boss. As Boss Mina said, you'll be okay. Don't you dare forget us or we will hunt you down!" Taeyeon teased that made them all giggle.

"How can I? I would never." Yuri answered in full sincerity.

 

The schedule of Yuri's release is at three in the afternoon. It was announced publicly two days prior. Reporters have already been waiting outside since the morning. There are also fans who are there waiting for their favorite actress and chef.

Jessica knew about it. She may only be using her social media accounts for work but the woman's face is everywhere. From newspapers, TV news programs, and even some cafes that she passed by since some fans are organizing a cup sleeve event to celebrate her release.

Those gave her chills from within. She knows that it's a shot on the moon but, somehow she wanted to prepare herself in case a chance for them to see each other comes. She didn't go to work that day. For the first time since she lived there, she opens the television and watches the news waiting for an update about her ex-wife.

Yuri's image never turned out to be a criminal. Everyone who knows the story looks at her as a hero who saved her wife from a millionaire stalker-. They never looked at her as bad as those who did an actual crime. And the fans are waiting for her comeback. Her team already received a few offers after the announcement of her release. Producers are still willing to gamble with her since the woman never ruined her reputation after the incident and even while she's staying inside.

"Kwon," Officer Ye Jin calls by the door. "it's time."

Yuri looked at her then nodded. "Can I just have some more time with them for the last time? Will you please wait a little longer?"

"Sure Kwon, take your time." Ye Jin smiled at her in approval.

"Thank you so much."

Her cellmates are lining up on the side of her exit. With Sooyoung and Hyoyeon tearing up already.

"Ya! Don't cry! I'll see you all soon okay?" Yuri said as she stood in front of them.

"Taengoo, Hyo, you only have two months left. Please don't do anything and until then, I'll see you both. My company's waiting already for the both of you."

Hyoyeon hugs her tightly and Taeyeon pats her shoulder. "Thanks, Boss Yul."

"Don't worry I'll look after you even if I'm outside just to be sure that no one will touch you until you get out of here. I'll be waiting. Thank you so much." She hugs them both then walks to Sooyoung.

"Soo, thanks for always making me laugh. I'll surely miss you."

"Me too Yul." Sooyoung cries then hugs Yuri.

"I already have a job for you when you get out so, I'll wait for you, okay? I'll see you next year." Her friend couldn't answer. She just nodded as she continued to cry.

"Boss Mina, I just want to thank you again for everything. Especially for looking after me. I've learned so much from you and I promise to not forget a single thing."

Boss Mina smiled at her and hugged her tight, patting her back. "Thank you, Yuri."

"I'll visit you. I'll bring you the books I told you about. Don't avoid me please?!" They both chuckle.

"Go now, or you'll regret staying for another minute because we will lock you in the bathroom." Boss Mina joked that it made all of them laugh.

Yuri waves them goodbye, gets her canister on the floor then walks towards the door.

"Yuri-yah!" Boss Mina calls, which makes Yuri turn to them.

"Happy Birthday!" They all greeted in chorus.

Yuri felt so happy, trying to hold back the tears that wanted to escape from her eyes, she put down her canister again then went to them for a group hug. She wasn't able to hold her tears anymore. They voluntarily start falling on her face. She wipes them off then waved goodbye to them again and gets her things.

"You ready Kwon?" Ye Jin asked.

"Yes, Officer. Let's go."

 

The officers and even the higher-ups have lined up before she reached the last gate of the center. Yuri was able to thank them and say goodbye to them before stepping out of the place that became her home for the past six years. The closest to her, Officer Son Ye Jin and Officer Lee Soonkyu both received a tight hug from her. Yuri invited them to visit her house to have dinner and drink with her and her family. At first, they really didn't want to be assigned to her. They thought that Yuri requested that as part of the special treatment she wanted from the center. But, as time went by, they were able to see the real her. Even though she's a famous actress and has a powerful family background, she never used that while she's staying there. They felt her sincerity and honesty. They saw how down-to-earth she is and that made them like her. In the end, Yuri considered them as friends more than just officers that once looked after her.

Stepping out from the main gate made her feel shivers run down her spine. She suddenly felt nervous but happy. The sun warmed her skin but she also felt the cold breeze that goes with it. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Finally. She thought.

The media and the fans went crazy upon seeing her. The good thing is the officers are still behind her so they helped Yuri's personal bodyguards secure her space.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter