Happy Birthday

Captive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you?" The woman asked.

With that simple question, Yuri suddenly got lost in her thoughts. She couldn't look at Yoona for a moment. She bows her head as tears start to cloud her eyes. The feeling of loneliness starts to fill her body. She may be friends with her cellmates, and she's thankful enough to be in a room full of good people, but that will never erase the fact that she's alone there. That she will spend some years of her life there without her family, friends, or relatives -- without someone she loves.

Yuri starts crying so hard and loud. She rested her head on her arm on the counter. Yoona worriedly looked at her but she couldn't do anything. As much as she wanted to hug and comfort her, she couldn't.

"Yul... it's okay." Tears start to escape her eyes looking at the woman she has loved all these years. "I'll be here." She presses her hand on the glass where Yuri's head is on the other side. Her other hand covers , trying to suppress her emotions. She wouldn't want Yuri to see her like this.

They remained in that position with their silent comfort. Yuri couldn't talk after she calmed down. If the glass is not between them, their faces are probably an inch away from each other. Both their hands are pressed even on the glass.

"I promise to see you again. I'll visit you often." Yoona said. "Don't avoid me, or else I'll tell your dad."

Yuri tried to show a smile but her eyes were still wet with tears. She nodded.

The clock suddenly beeped.

"Kwon, time's up." An officer said.

"I'll see you again. Okay?" Yoona said, smiling so beautifully at her with her puffy eyes, red cheeks, and nose.

"I'll see you Yoong." Yuri stood up and waved at her.

 

As promised, Yoona visits her as frequently as she can whenever she's free. She once had a week-long vacation after filming a movie. So, she was at the center thrice that week. And in between the days, Yuri would make a phone call to her. Their eight minutes didn't feel too short, unlike the first time. Somehow, it felt enough for both of them. It was enough for Yoona to make Yuri feel that she's still there and will never leave. That she still loves her. It was enough for Yuri to not feel the loneliness anymore.

Yuri was able to get hired at the furniture shop. She gets paid even just for a few bucks. She didn't mind. She's not doing it for money after all. She just really wanted to kill time. She also finished a few more skill courses that were offered during the holidays. She loved that.

 

***

It's already been a year and Yuri seems to enjoy her stay there. She didn't know that her father only had two requests from the heads of the institution. Make her join a cell with less evil inmates, and make sure that no one touches her until she gets out. With that, Yuri feels like living a normal life inside.

Luck is surely on Yuri's side but not on Jessica's. After the divorce, she lost her clothing business, for not paying the company's loan amounting to more than six million dollars. She didn't get anything, Yuri made sure about that. Every property and car they have were named under Yuri's, so she couldn't use any of them. She lost every single brand sponsorship she had. Financially, she was left with only a few hundred bucks on her account just enough to get herself a small room apartment. She lost her family too. Not one of them helped her when they found out what really happened. Turns out, Yuri's team leaked the photos and videos of her cheating. And even the people whom she considers her friends also left her. Though, there's only one that remained, Tiffany. Her childhood best friend who she almost forgot about after being surrounded by beautiful people. The woman got successful with her real estate company where she got VIP clients, from both the business industry and government. She even handles celebrity accounts now and is getting a lot of attention because of how good she is as a lady boss. She's been featured in a few business and women's magazines already.

Tiffany was kind enough to give Jessica a job as her executive assistant. Jessica works so hard to be rightful in her position. She didn't want any issues anymore inside the company. It is more than enough that she went through hell hearing gossip about her every single day just because of their most controversial case.

Tiffany offered her apartment to her but she insisted on staying at a student dorm for the time being until she gets to earn just enough to get a new apartment. She never opened herself to dating again. She didn't need that.

 

***

It's Yuri's fifth birthday celebration inside the center. She was forced to join a dance contest a week ago with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon and unexpectedly, they won. They can now enjoy three-day visit transfer perks where they can accept visitations in a special room without a glass in between. They are allowed to touch, hold, or even hug their guest but not too long. They can comfortably sit on a couch or separate accent chairs. A visit transfer carries a fifteen-minute visitation duration. Yoona has visited her twice already. This is their last moment in the special visitation room. It is indeed a happy birthday for Yuri.

"Waahhh..." Taeyeon shakes her head as she stares at Yuri. "I really don't get why you look so gorgeous and handsome at the same time."

She had her hair trimmed and she looks so beautiful with her bangs.

Yuri chuckles in shame scratching her forehead. "Shut up Taengoo."

"Seriously Boss Kwon, you are really something!" Hyoyeon compliments as she brushes off some hair dust on Yuri's uniform.

Sooyoung tied her hair in the back and tinted her lips in matte cool brown shade lipstick.

"Not too much Yul. Officer Ye Jin might notice." Sooyoung then starts popping her lips and Yuri does the same.

Boss Mina walks towards her after stepping out of the bathroom. The three made their way to her so she could stand in front of Yuri. 

She looked at Yuri from head to toe then nodded. She twirled her index finger asking for Yuri to turn and the woman did. She nodded again and put her hands on Yuri's shoulders.

"Nervous?" She asks.

Yuri sighed happily then nodded. "Very."

"Don't be. You can do it okay?"

"Yes. Thanks, Boss."

A few loud taps on the window, then slide it open making specks of dust fly to the air. Everyone in the room looks at the window.

"Inmate 1205, Kwon Yuri. You have a visitor." Officer Ye Jin calls.

"Kaja!" Boss Mina said as she pats Yuri's back.

Yuri takes a deep breath then walks towards the open door, waiting for her.

"You look good Kwon. Happy Birth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter