7SEVEN

We're Friends, Right?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 07. Just A Friend

 

"I'm back." She kicked off her shoes and quickly lay down on the couch where her other members were watching television at, she was too tired to do anything else.

"How was it?" Jihyun asked.

"We got stuck in a traffic jam for hours. The first restaurant we went to was closed. The second restaurant was opened but the waitress recognized me so we had to run away from the crowd. So we ended up sitting on the floor of an alley.” Hyuna told them.

The girls gathered around to comfort her but Hyuna sat up all of a sudden.

"But... It was a great night." She sighed. "It was amazing."

"Did he eat the kimbap?" Gayoon asked.

Hyuna expression was full of happiness while she nodded. "He said it's the best he ever had."

The girls erupted into cheers but shushed down immediately, since it was already late at night and they didn’t want their neighbors to make a complain again.  

"This is too good." Jiyoon smiled. "So.. Are you two dating now?" She added.

"We're just friends."

"Just friends?" Gayoon shouted. "Yah! Your stories are cheesy enough for a romance fan-fiction but you're still 'just friends'?"

I like whatever you do. Hyuna thought back to what Hoya said. Does that count?

"These two are horrible." The two was annoying even the youngest couldn’t stand them. "Everyone around them would think they're dating if they didn't know."

Doesn't count. Hoya said that we're just friends. Snap out of it. Hyuna went back to her room.



Meanwhile, back at Infinite's dorm.

"Hoya! You're back!" It was Woohyun. "Did you have fun today?"

"It was ok I guess." Hoya shrugged, throwing his bag on the floor. "We didn't do much. I'll go to bed now."

"Wait!" Woohyun stopped him. "Was the kimbap good? It looked so good just now at the waiting tent."

Hoya stopped. "Yah! You told her I didn't like tasteless food right? She didn't want to give it to me until I took it from her!"

"I was just joking. They know I tease them a lot." Woohyun explained.

"I'll let you off this time. Anyway, the kimbap was good."

"Ehhhhhhhhh?" Sunggyu popped his head out of his bedroom. "The kimbap was good? Really? Are you kidding?"

"I'm not. It was a little salty but still good. What's wrong with you?"

"I tried Hyuna's food a few months ago and believe me, her food is not edible." Sunggyu laughed.

Hoya glared at him. "It was delicious alright. The best I've eaten. Get her to make you some if you don't believe me."  

"Why are you getting mad at us? You like her?" Sunggyu teased.

"She's just a friend." Hoya left and returned into his room. Sungjong was already sleeping so he didn't bother to turn on the lights. After a quick shower, he lay down on his bed and thought about what Sunggyu and Woohyun said. "Do I really like her?" He asked himself.

"Yes you do."

"Really? But she's just a friend."

"She used to be just a friend. But things change over time without you realizing. Hyung, you are so brainless some times."

"Brainless? What is this?" Hoya asked and turned to see Sungjong's eyes wide open, the night-light beaming down on him.  

"Yah, Sungjong. Go back to sleep." He threw a pillow at him.



The next day, Sunggyu and Hoya both had a schedule at SBS Youngstreet while the other members had their own individual schedules.

"Do you guys have any celebrities that you're close to?" Heechul asked while they were in the middle of broadcast after a conversation about his choco ball friends. "I know that Daniel here is close to Amber and Yoseob, what about Infinite?"

"We're not very close with a lot of idols but we do know BEAST a little because of schedules. And Woohyun is close with SHINee's Key." Sunggyu answered him.

"You guys don't talk to female idols?" Heechul asked, shocked.

“We’re a little shy and we don’t really have time to make friends with our colleagues.” Sunggyu explained.

“So that’s it.” Heechul nodded as he rubbed on his chin slightly. “Let’s listen to the next song. Navi’s ‘W

Please log in to read the full chapter