Parents and a Mystery

Missing Part of Me

It's the day that Kangin is letting Youngwoon take over. He wants to see if he could handle connecting with other again after a long time. All he has to do is act like him for the entire day. Youngwoon is getting ready for his first schedule. 

'Remember, act like me.' Kangin says through Youngwoon's mind.

"Remember, act like Kangin." (Youngwoon)

"Kangin. You ready?" (Leeteuk)

"Yeah. I'm ready." (Youngwoon)

They got out and went to the TV station. 

"Hello, Welcome to Ask the Idol, where we ask you favorite idols questions. Now meet this week's guests, Super Junior!" (MC)

"Hello. We are Super..." (Leeteuk)

"JUNIOR!"

They were asked questions and they talked and laughed all throughout the recording. Then it was Youngwoon's turn to answer a question.

"Kangin-sshi. There is a rumor that you don't like the other members. Is that true?" (MC)

'It's not that I hate them.'

Youngwoon hesitated for a second but then said, "No. It's not true at all. I may act cold sometimes but I like my members. They're my friends. Actually, they're more like my family."

'Couldn't have said it better myself.'

"That's a great answer. Well that's all for now. We'll see you next week." (MC)

 

They finished their work and went back to the dorms. When they got back to the dorms, they were greeted with a couple who they never seen before. Youngwoon freezes when he sees them.

"Hello, may be help you?" (Leeteuk)

"Yes. Our son lives here and you must be his neighbors?" (Mrs. Kim)

"Depends on who your son is." (Leeteuk) Then they see Youngwoon coming out of the van.

"Son!" 

"Mom? Dad?" (Youngwoon)

"They're your parents?" (Eunhyuk)

"How did you find me?" (Youngwoon)

"We asked the company." (Mrs. Kim)

'Why are they here?' Kangin wonders.

"Why are you here?" (Youngwoon)

"We wanted to see out son of course." (Mr. Kim)

"Well, couldn't you have called me or something?" (Youngwoon)

"We couldn't wait. You've been gone for so long." (Mrs. Kim)

'At least they aren't mentioning his name.' If they said Youngwoon's name, he would he out in no time.

 

They went inside and Youngwoon treated them with some coffee and cookies. Then, they started to talk to the other members.

"How is he doing with you all?" (Mr. Kim)

"He's doing great, Mr. and Mrs. Kim." (Siwon)

"Yes. How was he during childhood?" (Kibum)

"Actually, that's why we're here. He was involved in a incident that gave him a bit of trauma." (Mrs. Kim)

'Oh no!' Kangin mentally screams.

"I don't want to tell them about the incident." (Youngwoon)

"We have to tell them. They're your friends. Also your family." (Mrs. Kim)

"Fine..." (Yougnwoon)

"What was the incident?" (Heechul)

"11 years ago, he was kidnapped. He was later found in a burning building and barely survived. It was a miracle that he did." (Mr. Kim)

"That kind of incident would give trauma to anyone." (Donghae)

"Yes, but..." (Mrs. Kim)

"But what?" (Leeteuk)

"We've been worried about his mental health since that day. We kept asking him to go to a psychiatrist but he wouldn't." (Mrs. Kim)

'That's what they're here for?'

"I'm going now. I was just too young at the time." (Youngwoon)

"Well, we're glad to hear that." (Mr. Kim)

"Yes, Youngwoon. We're proud of you." (Mrs. Kim)

Then, Youngwoon realized something. They said his name! Not Kangin but Youngwoon! That's not good! Hopefully no one caught that.

"Did they say 'Youngwoon'?" (Yesung)

'Uh oh. This means trouble.'

"Mom. You're not supposed to call me that." (Youngwoon) 

"Why? That's you're name." (Mrs. Kim)

Then he drags he's parents to his room, hoping no one follows.

 

"What is it, Youngwoon?" (Mrs. Kim)

"There's something I haven't told you." (Youngwoon)

'Don't tell them'. 

'I have to.'  Youngwoon mentally says to Kangin.

"What is it?" (Mr. Kim)

"I have D.I.D." (Youngwoon)

"D.I.D? As in Dissociative Identity Disorder?" (Mrs. Kim)

"Yes. I don't remember when it first happened but the reason has to be that kidnapping incident." (Youngwoon)

They hesitated for a moment. "When did your second personality appear?" (Mr. Kim)

"Kangin first appeared to me when I was in high school when I was bullied in school." (Youngwoon)

"Kangin? It's that your stage name?" (Mrs. Kim)

"It's the name of my other personality. He's been using it when he's present." (Youngwoon)

"Can we talk to him?" (Mrs. Kim)

'You wanna talk with them?' Youngwoon askes Kangin.

'Why not? They know anyway.' Kangin appears to them. "Hello, This must be the first time we meet."

"Actually no. Kangin, we remember you." (Mr. Kim)

"We missed you, son." (Mrs. Kim)

"I missed you too." (Kangin)

"So you've been with Youngwoon since when?" (Mrs. Kim)

"Since the incident. My soul went into his body. But I didn't want him to know so I told him that I was another personality of his." (Kangin)

They quickly understood what he meant.

"Have you told the others about this?" (Mr. Kim)

"No. And I rather not. They don't need to know." (Kangin)

"What have you been doing? I thought that Youngwoon wanted to be in the entertainment industry." (Mrs. Kim)

"I was the one who applied. I wanted to find out who kinapped us that day and the reason that I died." (Kangin)

"Is this what you want? Revenge?" (Mrs. Kim) 

"Yes. Then I will retire from the industry. Who wants to have an idol whose in a revenge story?" (Kangin)

"Then, we will help you." (Mr. Kim)

"No. I wanted to keep you out of this." (Kangin)

"Kangin. We're your parents. We want to help you." (Mrs. Kim)

Kangin thought for a moment. 'Should I? Maybe I should. And if they get hurt, I'll have to be responsible.' "Fine. You can help me. But if you get hurt, I'm going to be responsible." 

"Okay. You have a deal." (Mrs. Kim)

 

The others couldn't help but listen to everything they said.

"Revenge?" (Eunhyuk)

"He has to be kidding, right?" (Shindong)

"It doesn't sound like he's kidding around." (Siwon)

Luckily, they didn't hear everything. They didn't hear the D.I.D and 'My soul went into his body' part. They go back to the living room and discuss the entire conversation.

"So... Do we accept him?" (Leeteuk)

"Well, I accept him. He's our member regardless." (Sungmin)

"Me too." (Hangeng)

"Then, the next questions is, Do we help him with his revenge?" (Heechul)

"He doesn't want us to get involved." (Kibum)

"Maybe we should help him secretively. That way he won't know." (Donghae)

"That's an idea we can use. But there's one thing I'm still wondering about." (Leeteuk)

"What is it?" (Kyuhyun)

"Why did they call him 'Youngwoon'. I thought that 'Kangin' and 'Youngwoon' were two different people." (Leeteuk)

"Maybe there's more to him than we know." (Ryeowook)

"He's right. Kangin has been keeping some secrets to himself and maybe it's time that we should find out." (Heechul)

"Okay. We'll start investigating when his parents leave." (Leeteuk)

"OKAY!"

Kangin/Youngwoon and his parents come out of his room and the others say goodbye to them. Afte they leave, they start investigating a mystery on their hands.