The Secret

Missing Part of Me

Super Junior had just ended another music show. They can't wait to get to the dorms and have a break. Leeteuk has been extremely busy this week and he needs the most rest our of anyone in the van.

"Nap time, here we come." (Eunhyuk)

"Now, now. Remember, we only have a few days of break." (Leeteuk)

"YES LEADER!" Everyone yells. 

Well, everyone except Kangin. He's been reletively cold with them since their debut. He always acted normal, as in cheerful and nice, to the public but in reality, he's anything but nice. He's usually brooding and barely talks to anyone. That's why no one shares a room with him in the dorms because he stated himself, that he wants to be alone.

 

Actually, there is a reason why he's so cold. It's because he has Dissociative Identity Disorder. Kangin isn't the body's real persona. The real persona's name is Kim Youngwoon. Youngwoon only appears when he's alone and he needs time for himself. Not even his parents know about their son's other personality. They just thought that he was just using a stage name for shows. And of course, the members don't know that he's suffering from this condition.

 

The next day, everyone except Kangin was in the living room watching cartoons. Kangin didn't come because he thought that cartoons nowadays were too childish.

"Funny how Kangin hyung doesn't want to watch this. This is hillarious." (Kyuhyun)

"Maybe he doesn't like this type of cartoon." (Leeteuk)

"Speaking of like, how about lunch?" (Sungmin)

"YEAH!"

"So what does everyone want?" (Leeteuk)

"Sandwiches." "I want Italian food." "How about Chinese?"

There were a lot of requesets. They settled on sandwiches and called in the orders. Then Leeteuk remembers Kangin. He goes to his room to ask him what kind of sandwich he wants.

Leeteuk knocks on the door. "Hey... uh... Kangin. We're having lunch. What sandwich do you want?"

There was no answer. Leeteuk was getting a little freaked out. I carefully opens the door, in case Kangin would do something to him. But to suprise, there was no one in the room. 

"What?" Leeteuk looks around and sees an open window. "Don't tell me he's gone out this way."

 

After lunch, he goes out to find Kangin. He knows that's not a good idea but he's the leader and he should be responsible for his whereabouts. He spent hours looking for him and had no luck. But when he got to the park, he thinks he found him.

"Hey Kangin. Why are you here?" (Leeteuk)

"Kangin" hesitates for a second. "I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong person."

"I don't think so." (Leeteuk)

"No really. I get confused with Kangin a lot. I'm his twin brother." 

That took Leeteuk by surprise. "I didn't know he had a twin brother."

"He doesn't like talking about his family much."

"I see. Me and my members want to know more about him since debut but we never got the chance." (Leeteuk)

"Well, maybe I can help. I know him more than anyone." 

"Really? That would be helpful. What's your name?" (Leeteuk)

"Oh... My name is Youngwoon."

"Nice to meet you, Youngwoon. I'm Jungsoo." (Leeteuk)

"Nice to meet you too." (Youngwoon)

"So, what do you know about Kangin?" (Leeteuk)

"He always looks like he's about to start a fight but in reality he's really kind. He's been there for me whenever I needed it. You could say we're 2 in 1." (Youngwoon)

"That's funny. So he's actually really nice. What else?" (Leeteuk)

"He likes being alone but he would like some company around him." (Youngwoon)

"Really? None of us are able to get even close to him." (Leeteuk)

"That's what everyone thinks at first but once you get to know him, he opens up about his feelings." (Youngwoon)

"Wow. I never knew that. Well, it's getting late. I should head back. It was nice meeting you." (Leeteuk)

"It was nice to see you too. Here's my number." (Youngwoon)

"Thank you. Here's mine." (Leeteuk)

 They exchange numbers and went their own ways. Leeteuk thinks he has made a new friend.

 

"Where have you been hyung?" (Ryeowook)

"Looking for Kangin but I ended up meeting someone who you won't believe." (Leeteuk)

"Who?" (Heechul)

"I met Kangin's twin brother." (Leeteuk)

"WHAT?!"

"I didn't know he had a twin brother." (Siwon)

"Neither did I. And I found out some things about him." (Leeteuk)

Leeteuk explained what Youngwoon had told him and it took everyone by surprise. Just then Kangin came through the door.

"And where have you been?" (Leeteuk)

"Nowhere you should know about." Kangin answers coldly which made the others question about what Youngwoon said about him.

 

Kangin goes into his room and picks up a video camera. 

"Youngwoon. Why? You know you shouldn't meet them. It's for your own good. Listen, now that Leeteuk hyung knows of your exsistence, you need to be careful around him. If the others find out that I have D.I.D, they won't accepet me. Meaning they won't accept you. So try to lay low about this." 

Kangin finishes the video and uploads it on his computer. Then he starts writing in a diary.

'Dear Diary,

Today has to be the worst day ever. Youngwoon came out and Leeteuk hyung found out about him. Well, at least he didn't know our identity. Or identities? I don't even know. At least Youngwoon lied to him that we're twins. Twins are more believeable than a person with D.I.D. I'm glad that you're with me so I can write my real thoughts without anyone knowing. That's all I have for now. I'll write again soon if I have a chance.

-Kim Kangin-'

Kangin closes his diary and hides it in a drawer. He then puts on his pyjamas to get ready for bed. This was a tough day for him and Youngwoon but tomorrow will be better than today. Or at least that's what he's hoping for. He opens his diary to write something extra.

'P.S. - I will never tell them about Youngwoon or the incident.'