Twins or The Same?

Missing Part of Me

Usually Kangin takes over when he's in the dorms. But when he's alone in his room, he sometimes let's Youngwoon come out. Once Youngwoon takes over, he looks at one of the videos that Kangin recorded. 

"Youngwoon. Why? You know you shouldn't meet them. It's for your own good. Listen, now that Leeteuk hyung knows of your exsistence, you need to be careful around him. If the others find out that I have D.I.D, they won't accepet me. Meaning they won't accept you. So try to lay low about this." 

Youngwoon feels like he broke the promise he made with Kangin. But he's glad that he understands their situation. Laying low? That's easier said than done. Then Youngwoon picks up the video camera and records his own message.

"Kangin. I know that you're mad and I'm sorry. I just wanted to be out and to reconnect with people. I've been isolated for so long that I don't even recognize anything in exsistance. Please, let me at least talk with the members. I want to show them the real me. Or the real us."

He knew that he's going to regret saying that. He uploads the video in his own folder in the computer. Then he sees the diary. It was his turn to write something in it.

'Dear Diary,

I'm me again. For now. Kangin seemed pretty mad when I met Jungsoo hyung. But I know he's only being worried for my well-being. I just wish he would let me be myself and not let him take over at least for a day or two.

-Kim Youngwoon-'

 

The next day

It was time for another schedule. Super Junior were getting ready to go out. Kangin usually packs a bigger bag than the others. That's because he plans to go out today after work and let Youngwoon take over. They can't appear in the same clothes or else there will be confusion.

"Going out again?" (Heechul)

"Nothing you should know about." (Kangin)

Again, acting cold to the others as usual. 

After work, they all decide to go to a resturant. Well, everyone except Kangin, again. Everyone wondered why he doesn't want to be with them.

"Maybe he's going out to drink?" (Kibum)

"He doens't usually drink." (Ryeowook)

"You know what? I'm getting worried. He's been acting up since a few days ago." (Leeteuk)

"Why be worried? He knows what he's doing." (Heechul)

"Or maybe we don't know everything about him." (Leeteuk) Saying that, he decides to call Youngwoon.

 

Meanwhile, Kangin walks into town square and find a clothing store to change clothes. He changed clothes and personalities. So currently, Youngwoon is the one inhabiting the body. He walks out of the clothing store and goes to a nearby cafe. As he walks, he gets a call from Leeteuk.

"Hey hyung. What's up?" (Youngwoon)

"Hey Youngwoon. I was hoping you could help me with something." (Leeteuk)

"Of course. What is it?" (Youngwoon)

"I was hoping that you can tell me more about Kangin." (Leeteuk)

"Oh... Okay... Well, he can be a bit of a pushover." (Youngwoon)

'A pushover? Really?' Kangin hears through Youngwoon's mind.

"But he means well." (Youngwoon)

'Much better.'

"Really? He is kinda been pushing us around." (Leeteuk)

"Yeah, but he doesn't mean it. Actually, he doesn't act like that around me." (Youngwoon)

'That's because I'm your...' Kangin pauses. He fears that Youngwoon might hear him.

"Is that it? Isn't there anymore you can tell me?" (Leeteuk)

"No. That's it. If you need anything, just call me." (Youngwoon)

"Okay... See you." Leeteuk hangs up.

 

What he didn't know is that Leeteuk's phone was on speaker and everyone else was listening to the conversation.

"Is that it? Him being a pushover?" (Shindong)

"There's maybe more than that. Youngwoon's rather shy and Kangin would be furious if he finds out we're talking to him." (Leeteuk)

"I would like to see this Youngwoon guy." (Yesung)

"We can't. Kangin didn't even mention him once. I don't even know where he lives." (Leeteuk)

"I think I can get him to talk." (Heechul)

"Bad idea! Remember last time?" (Donghae)

Last time Heechul tried to talk some sense out of Kangin, he ended up getting hit in the head and had to put ice on it for 3 days. That was not a pleasant exprience and made them learn that getting some sense out of him means they're going to get bruised.

"Yeah... Let's not do that." (Hangeng)

 

Youngwoon walks in only to see an empty apartment. It was nice for him because he gets to be elsewhere other than his room. He grabs a bag of chips and starts to watch a movie. Half an hour later, the others show up.

"When did you get back here?" (Leeteuk)

Youngwoon freezes. "About... 30 minutes ago...?"

"And you've been watching a movie?" (Leeteuk)

"So what?" Youngwoon tries to act like Kangin.

"Well, I would like to watch that movie with him." (Kyuhyun)

"Yeah. It looks like fun." (Sungmin)

The others join in. Youngwoon spends the next hour with the members and he thought he had to time of his life. He met Super Junior. As himself and not as Kangin.

'Well, this isn't bad as I thought.' (Kangin) He thought it could be worse.

Just then, as the others were sleeping, Kangin took over. He went to his room and picks up the video camera.

"Well, Youngwoon. I thought that you meeting the other guys would lead to trouble. I guess I was wrong. They seem okay for you to hang out with. Of course, that doesn't mean you get to come out every so often. I still get to decide when you can come out and make decision for you. And as you know, it's for your own good. You don't want to have the same... whatever. What I'm saying is that the others should get involved. It's for their sakes too. Remember that."

Then he picks up the diary and reads what Youngwoon had written in it.

'Dear Diary,

I'm me again. For now. Kangin seemed pretty mad when I met Jungsoo hyung. But I know he's only being worried for my well-being. I just wish he would let me be myself and not let him take over at least for a day or two.

-Kim Youngwoon-'

Kangin wishes he could do the same. But they both know that they can't. Then he starts writing in the diary.

'Dear Diary,

Today I let Youngwoon out for half of the day. He seems like he had the time of his life. Tomorrow, I'm thinking of letting him take over for the day and see how he can hold up with being with the other guys and my schedule. I hope he can keep up with everyone.

-Kim Kangin-'