0 0 1

unholy matrimony | k.mingyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

0 0 1

The Case of Kang Sohee

 

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

 

Sohee accidentally dropped all the groceries on the wooden floor of their house when her gaze was met with the sickening sight of her husband on top of another woman whose face she could yet see. Their clothes were scattering on the floor as the two of them lay on the sofa.

 

The sound coming from the groceries must’ve been loud enough for the two of them as Wonwoo’s back, which was facing her, slowly turned around, revealing his panicked face. His eyes averted her gaze as he quickly collected his shirt.

 

“Sohee, I can explain--” Wonwoo stammered as he struggled to put on his pants.

 

Sohee slowly backed away when her husband tried to reach out for her hands. She shook her head, her heart felt bitterly painful. It was aching ever so badly. . like someone had taken a dagger and stabbed it deep into her.

 

“This is not what you think it is,”

 

The woman was still sitting on the sofa as her porcelain white arm reached for her clothes before calmly putting it back on. A mocking smile appeared on her luscious lips when her eyes met Sohee’s trembling ones. Sohee tightens her fist that was gripping the end of her blouse.

 

But what caught her eyes the most was that the string around her pinky finger was connected to Wonwoo. It felt like a shiver had run down her spine, all the colours on her face had already drained away. 

 

She felt weak just by glancing at it again.

 

Sohee took a deep breath before mustering all her strength to finally speak up, “Leave,” she uttered quietly but was loud enough for Wonwoo and the unknown woman to hear.

 

Wonwoo’s eyebrows furrowed. “Sohee,” his voice sounded like a plea. It successfully tugged her heartstrings.

 

It made her want to instantly forgive his wrongdoing.

 

His honeyed voice made her want to run towards him and pull him into her embrace as she whispered into his ear how she believed him and to never leave her.

 

But she resisted it.

 

“Leave!” Sohee said again, more firmly this time. 

 

The woman who had already finished getting dressed had left the house without saying anything back to Sohee. But of course, she had purposely hit her left shoulder before leaving the house.

 

As Sohee’s eyes followed her figure, she saw the woman getting into her husband’s car. Waiting for him to drive her back. 

 

Sohee let out a sharp gasp. Last week when Wonwoo was driving her to the grocery store, Sohee had found lipstick on the passenger seat which did not belong to her. She had asked him about it and Wonwoo had nonchalantly told her it must’ve belonged to his colleague who he had given a ride back home.

 

Wonwoo who seemed to realise what Sohee was thinking immediately shook his head, his lips however were tightly shut. He could not think of any reasons to give to his wife right now. It felt as if his brain had stopped functioning when he saw Sohee catching the two of them in the act.

 

“Sohee, listen--” Wonwoo reached out to her again. 

 

This time he had successfully caught her right hand. He gently rubbed it before bringing it close to his chest. Sohee stayed rooted to her spot. 

 

She was feeling everything and nothing all at once. There was too much that she wanted to do to the man in front of her yet it felt like her body had frozen.

 

Wonwoo was too busy spilling all his lies and excuses for him to notice her glare. His voice felt like it was slowly fading into a void. 

 

Sohee pulled away her hand.

 

“I’ve seen enough, Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

Wonwoo looked taken aback by her action. Yet his flabbergasted expression was quickly replaced with his skittish lopsided smile. A habit of his whenever he was nervous.

 

“I want you to leave right now.” Sohee brought her hand to her temple, rubbing it as she suddenly felt dizzy. 

 

Before Wonwoo could say anything else, Sohee had already cut him off. “Dowoon is going to come back any minute now. So leave, I don’t want him to see us like this.”

 

Upon hearing her bringing up Dowoon in their conversation, Wonwoo did not resist any longer. He dragged his feet out of their house, bringing only his car key and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter