Hoping...

Blind date

Since that day, she can’t take her mind of Jin, how he looks that day, how well mannered he is and even how he smells so fresh, it gives her goosebumps.  She regrets how she acted that day, but what else can she do? She didn’t want to be a burden to him, well, who wants to be in a blend date? Really? Most of the people she knew who went to blind dates just did it because of their parents, their friends and usually it doesn’t end well.  Of course, there were also successful couples coming out of blind dates, but percentage is not that high.

She just sent him messages because she wants to apologize for her behavior and also to keep in touch, her mom is already asking when their 2nd date will be, but her that is not important.  Jin is her bias in BTS and of course she didn’t want him to think that she is rude.  She is staring at her phone as if waiting for it receive a message from Jin but there’s none. She took a deep breath and sat down by the window in her room.  She can see the Han river just outside; it brings her memories she didn’t want to remember.

Just a month ago, she and her ex-boyfriend would meet outside and take a walk near Han river, he would held her hand and talk their days. They started going on their last year of college, he was a friend of friend whom she met through one of their overnight study sessions. He was so smart, and kind and sweet to her, how on earth did she not notice that he is falling out of love for her? She thought, am I that dense? What have I done? Is it because I wasn’t physical with him? But he told her that its ok and that he will until she is ready, has his patience run out already? Is he that kind of man who just want to have ? Or should I ask myself why am I not ready for him? Tears slowly falls from her cheeks, I love him, I miss him… still….

Suddenly her phone vibrates as it receives a message. It was from Jin, her hands trembles as she opens the message.

“Helllo, this is Jin. I hope you’re doing well, I’m sorry for not sending the first message, I thought that you may not like it.”

“You’re right to get each other’s number, my mother was already asking when will our 2nd date be. How about we meet for a coffee tomorrow?

She can’t believe it, Jin is asking to meet her for coffee, ottokke?

“I don’t have schedule tomorrow, how about 3pm?” his 3rd message says.

Her heart is beating so fast and her hands are still trembling that her phone slipped from her hands, she quickly picked it up and calm herself to type “Yes”