How we met....

Blind date

As Seokjin entered the hotel restaurant, he flashed his amazing smile to the lady in the front desk.

“Hello” he said, “ I have a reservation under Jin Kim”

“Good evening Mr. Kim, yes, your party is already here” said the hostess. “Follow me Sir, I’ll lead you to your table.” She stretched out her arms and gesture to follow her.

“Thank you” Jin said.  He is a bit surprised to know that his date is already here, he looked at his Patek Philippe watch that matched with Namjoon. Its’ only 6:50 pm, he is 10 minutes early. Hmmmm, he thought to himself. As a gentleman that he is, he didn’t want his date to wait for him that’s why it has been his habit to be early on his dates.

The hostess is walking towards the left corner of a big and spacious restaurant, it has a high veiling interior that gives a more elegant look. The ceilings are painted white with big chandeliers hanging and some small decorative lights that compliments with the chandeliers.  The walls are a combination of white, gold and some touch of silver and black, very classy.

His mother chose this hotel, he agreed to his mother to meet her friend’s daughter for a blind date.  This is first time on a blind date, he never really liked the idea.  As a worldwide handsome that he is, he believes that he can make a woman fall in love with him by just flashing his great smile. He smiled at the thought, yes, he likes to say these things because it gives him that self-boost, but he never really thinks that he has those qualities.  As part of the most popular boy group nowadays, he tends to joke around like that but at the same time, he believes that his looks are above average. 

He is wearing a light blue long sleeves polo shirt neatly tucked in a pair of black pants, he brushed his hair slightly upwards, thus exposing his forehead which often makes his fans swoon.  He put on just enough of his favorite perfume, and that completes his boyfriend material look.

As they slowly walked towards a table for two, he saw her, the girl that his mom would like him to date. Hmmm… he thought, not what I’ve expected.  The girl is wearing a white shirt tucked in her jeans with white rubber shoes, huh, he thought.  Am I overdressed? He looked around, most of the people dining are wearing semi formal attire.

She is looking at her phone and scrambling thru it, her hair is tied in a high bun with few strands falling onto her face. As we approached the table, she didn’t even notice us, and the hostess cleared to get her attention. 

“Miss, your party have arrived.” The hostess said and politely excuse herself, “have a good evening, Sir, Ma’am”, she said.

As she lifts her gaze, their eyes meet. “You must be Park Yejin, I am Kim Seokjin” he smiled and extends his hand for a handshake. “ Ne” she said, without shaking his hand and gets back to her phone. Jin was taken aback as he is not used to being ignored.  He talked toward the chair opposite hers and took a seat. “You’re here early, have you been waiting for long?” he asked.

“No” she said.

He chuckled as he is feeling so awkward, how can this girl not even look at him for a minute? This is so insulting.  Does she know who I am? he thought. I have millions of fans who would give anything just to be in her position right now.  He took a deep breath and tried again, this is for his mom, he thought.

“So are you from around here?” he asked.

“No” she said, again without lifting her gazes from her phone.

He felt embarrassed by her dismissal of him. “If I have offended you by arriving here after you, I would like to apologize. I feel that we may have started on the foot here.” He said and again flashed his wonderful smile.

That made her look at him, but still, she didn’t say anything. 

“Maybe we should order first” Jin suggested.

“I already ordered” she said. “I ordered their course meal; I hope you don’t mind”

Surprised, but Jin didn’t show it, now this is new.  He is preferred to order his own meals; he loves eating and anybody who knows him would know that. But maybe she didn’t know him, maybe she is not a fan. He smirked at the thought, this date is being the total opposite of his expectation.

He is the KIM SEOKJIN of BTS, worldwide handsome to his fans, his face is all over the TV and internet. Its impossible not to know him or his group. Have this girl been living under a rock? How can she not know him? Its getting to nerve but also, it feels refreshing.

“No, it’s ok, I don’t mind” he said. Suddenly the waiter is now serving them their soup and appetizer. She started eating her soup with out saying anything, so he just started eating too. It was a pumpkin soup, he is not a fan but its okay to his taste, so he just continues to eat, until their main course, which is a medium rare stake, they just sat there eating. He observes her while she eats and not even glancing at him. He took a sip of his red wine; he took his time as he uses it to further look into her. Her face is small, she has high small nose, her eyes are big, but the ends are pointed, she wears a very thin layer of makeup. Her lips are naturally pink, maybe her lipstick was erased by her eating, her skin is fair, a little on the pale side. She is tall and slim; he guesses she is about 165cm to 167cm. 

“I’m not having dessert” she said. “I’m going” as she gathers her things.

Jin put the knife and fork on the table, his patience is running out already. “Why?” He said, “we haven’t even said a decent thing to each other. We are supposed to be on a blind date, and as far as I know, this is not how a blind date goes.”

“Look, I know you’re just here because of your mother, and honestly, so am I” finally she looked at him. “We don’t have to pretend to like each other and just go through with this meeting.” She said in a low voice, “I am really sorry for this, this is all my mother’s idea, and I didn’t want to bother you any longer.” She stood and walked away. 

  Flabbergasted, he took his wine glass and emptied it. What a date? He thought, never had he thought that this would happen to him.

“I’m sorry, but I need to get your number” he was surprised to hear her soft voice hesitantly mumbled the words. “Our mothers would ask questions about this, and if you don’t want to be bother any more by it, its better if we exchanged numbers and just pretend to have a good date.  Then after some time, we’ll just tell them that we are just not into each other.”

He looked up at her bewildered, “what are you saying?” he asked.

“I think its better this way” she said, “please”

He is surprised to hear a certain hint of depression and embarrassment in her voice, her doe-eyes met his and he felt a certain feeling he is not familiar with.

She put her handphone in the table, and Jin just stared at it in awe.

“Please” she said again.

He picked up the phone and started to input the numbers, he pressed the call button so that it will register in his phone. He pulled out his vibrating phone from his pocket and showed it to her. “I also got your number” he said.

She slightly bowed, picked up her phone and left.