New Beginning (Part I)

Love Bug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgiveness is the best form of love. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.

 

 

She is spacing out when her mother brushed her long hair. "Jihyo, when are you going to tell him about your condition?" Park Gwi-Ja suddenly said to her daughter. "I don’t intent to tell him eomma" she replied coldly

 

It's been a month since Jihyo left her husband. She needed space. She needed space to think, to breathe. She needed time to reflect if there’s still a future for her and him.

 

“Nae ttal, he has the right to know. He is your husband.” Tears started to brim on her eyes. She is in pain that it suffocates her. "Eomma I can't face him yet" All that her mother can do is to sigh. She really wishes that her daughter and her son-in-law will soon patch things up. She knows how the two love each other deeply. "Whenever you are ready my baby” “Thank you eomma” Jihyo hugged her mother tightly

 

Her mother kissed her crown before leaving her inside her bedroom. At times like this can Jihyo feel the love of her mother. She is always hard on her being the eldest and was raised to be one tough cookie. But when she came back to their house crying one night, her stern mother cried with her.

 

She lovingly gazes at her growing belly.

 

“Aegi-yah, what do you think? Shall I forgive your appa? Should I let him explain? But eomma is still hurting. I am sorry aegi-yah. I am not sure if I can give you a complete family”

 

She silently wiped the tears that are dripping from her lovely eyes.

 

. . . .

 

 

Jihyo decided to walk around the neighborhood. It has been weeks since she cocooned inside her parents’ house in Pohang. She sat down on a nearby bench when she felt tired. She can’t help but smile looking at the sea from afar, enjoying the cool breeze of air that kisses her skin.

 

“Shall I stay here until I give birth? This is a nice place for you to grow up my baby” she loves talking to her unborn child. Jihyo felt at ease whenever she talks to the growing human being inside her body.

 

When the sun is already blazing hot, she decided to hurried home. She frowned when she saw an unfamiliar man standing in front of their gate.

 

“Excuse me ahjussi, do you need anything?” The man’s face lit up when she saw Jihyo. He’s been standing in front of their gate for about ten minutes or so. “Kim Jihyo-ssi? I live 2 blocks away” he asked “Ah ne.”

 

The man handed her a bouquet of white roses and three boxes of chocolates

 

“Kamsahamnida?” she accepted the gifts hesitantly “Ah mian, these are not from me. A man asked me to give these to you” Jihyo’s eyebrows rose up. She had a hunch where the gifts came from. She read the note hanging from the flowers.

 

“I only love you. Please come back to Me- KJK”

 

“Ahjussi you can have all of these, I don’t really need it. You can give it to your wife or girlfriend” Jihyo politely returns the gifts to the man in front of her “But…” the man hesitates “Or you can help me throw them all” Jihyo wanted to go inside but the man stopped her “But Jihyo-ssi…” the man tried to turn to the other man who asked favor from him but he can’t see him anywhere. “Kamsahamnida ahjussi. Annyeong” Jihyo smiled and bowed before closing the gate.

 

The man just shrugged his shoulders. Such a waste. He’ll just give the gifts to his wife.

 

 

. . . .

 

 

From afar, Jongkook saw how his wife frowned after she read the letter and how she refused to accept the gifts. He just sighed heavily. He didn’t mean to but he really messed up big time.

 

 

"My love, what do I have to do for you to forgive me?"……

 

 

. . . .

 

 

“Uri Jihyo! Are you coming back? Are you going to stay here with us again? Who’s with you? It is already dark! Did you drive by yourself all the way from Pohang?”

 

 

Cho Hye-seon is delighted to see her daughter-in-law lounging on the living room. Oh how she misses Jihyo! The house feels so empty without her. It’s been a month and her daughter-in-law looks and feels so different. Something about her changed but she can’t pinpoint.

 

 

“Ani eomeoni I just want to tell Jongkook oppa something important. Is he here?” She is in a hurry. She just wanted to drop the bomb and then go home but the man she’s looking for is not around. “He left earlier. I don't know where he went. Have you eaten? What do you want to eat?”

 

 

She led Jihyo to the kitchen. She suddenly became quiet, trying to find the perfect things to say. She feels for her daughter-in-law. That stupid son of his!

 

 

“Jihyo-yah, you are not thinking of divorcing my son, aren’t you?” she is hopeful. Really hopeful that lady in front of her won’t leave her son and their family “Eomoni…” Jihyo is so lost for words. She doesn’t know what to say. Her heart is aching and she wishes that the pain she’s feeling vanishes. “I know what he did is really terrible but I know how much that pabo loves you uri Jihyo. Please give him a chance to prove himself that he deserves you. He is just really really stupid”

 

 

Cho Hye-seon held her hand. Ji-Hyo chuckled to herself. She really loves her mother-in-law. She is always on her side. Since the day that Jongkook introduced her to his family until they got married, her in-laws always took her side.

 

 

“Eomoni… I don’t really want to doubt his love for me… but.. if he really loves me, no matter how much that girl seduces him or flirts with him, he won’t fall for it. I keep on telling him what I feel about that girl but he always shrugged me off telling me she’s just a friend. And when I turned my back on him when I caught her kissing him, he didn’t chase after me. Maybe.. just maybe, he loves Eunice more than he loves me” “But uri Jihyo, have you heard his explanation?” No. She never. What she saw that night was enough.

 

 

Jihyo grabbed her chest and patted. She feels that her heart is being squeezed by just remembering what happened that night.

 

 

“Jihyo-yah, where are you going? It’s getting dark” Cho Hye-seon said when she saw her daughter-in-law wearing her shoes that she got from the cubby.

“Jongkook oppa said he is going to be late. His superior gave him additional report to finish so I’ll bring him some dinner eomoni. I don’t want him to starve”

“You really are a great wife my daughter. Do you want me to come with you?”

 

 

Jihyo smiled and shook her head

 

 

“Ani eomoni. Don’t worry I can manage”

“Well then, drive safely Ji-Hyo yah”

 

 

Jihyo is really excited to visit his husband. It’s been a while since she visits his workplace. She became close with Jongkook’s colleagues except for one.

 

 

Before going inside the building, she checked herself in the mirror, wanting to be presentable in front of his husband. She checked the food that she brought with her. She is all smile when she saw Ha Dong Hoon and Yoo Jae Suk walking towards her.

 

 

“Oppa!” she called them. The two lad jogged to her and greeted her with a hug. “Jesu-si! It’s so good to see you.” Jae Suk told the younger one “Nado oppa! Where are you headed? Have you had your dinner? I could’ve brought more. Mian” Ha Dong Hoon tapped Jihyo’s shoulder “Gwaenchanh-ayo hyeongsu, we’re about to eat” “Where’s Jongkook oppa?” She looked around. She doesn’t want her surprise to be busted. “He was left inside his office. Eunice handed him some documents to sign for tomorrow’s presentation.”

 

 

When Jihyo heard her name, she suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter