A Lifetime with you

with you, with me.

Author's note: This is the alternate ending for penthouse s3 ep14 aka the painful episode (It can be a spoiler for you, if you havent watch yet). i was shock and sad about the ending, as much as it fits penthouse’s concept. t r a g i c. i expected it to be a wholesome, happy ending. so here’s the happier ver of it! happy reading. HAPPY READING MY READERS <3

Back at their hotel, Suryeon found herself in despair as what she witnessed today hit her like a truck. The sudden passing of Dr. Ha has made her felt as if she was somehow responsible for it, though it was Cheon Seojin’s fault. 

 

“Hang in there a little bit more longer,” Logan assured Suryeon. “Let’s make her pay for Yoon-cheol’s death too,” Logan added. Suryeon gave out a heavy sigh with guilt written all over her face and said, “Were all the choices I made so far…” she hesitated, because of the strong swept of bitterness that is overwhelming her. “…good and right?” She continues and then looked at Logan, who’s lovingly sitting there listening to her as she speaks. He placed his hands onto hers and asked, “Why would you say that?” Suryeon the answered him, “If I hadn’t decided to get revenge, Yoon-hee and Yoon-cheol would not have died like that…” This time, her eyes were starting to well up with tears. “Becuase I’ve wanted to get revenge, people around me has died,” Suryeon said heavily. Logan could tell from her tone of voice and emotions — full of guilt and sadness. She wished she hasn’t gotten this greedy with revenge, especially this far. 

 

Logan then kneel before her and cupped her hands into his and said, “My love,” “I am sorry that I wasn’t aware of what you were going through and what was going on inside you. I am also at fault for not taking care of you properly and not being too observant of you even though we spent almost 24/7 together,” Suryeon looks at him. “Whatever it is that is in your head, I will always be here to listen to you, so please. Don’t keep it to yourself,” he pleaded her once again. “I guess wasn’t completely human after all,” Suryeon said, slowly opening up to Logan. “We are almost done. Once we deal with Seojin, let’s leave together. I don’t care wherever it is — heaven or hell, wherever you want, it’s only you that I want to be with together,” Logan assured her with full of love. 

 

Suryeon did not want to waste anymore time and said, “We need to call Seojin to the cliff before she leaves.” Logan stood up and brought out at briefcase. “I am worried for you, the waves are rough and it’s dark at night,” He opens the briefcase and said, “This is a special life-jacket. Even if you get swept away by the rapids, it’ll help you float up.” Suryeon looks at him with surprised. “How did he prepared so much? How did he think ahead of time? Just how much, does this man loves me.” She thought to herself. “And this…” He placed it onto her small palms. “…is a GPS tracker. If worst comes to worst, we’ll able to find you,” He said. “Thank you, I’ll hold onto it,” Suryeon said. Logan grabbed hold both of her shoulders and said, “Please stay safe….” Suryeon went straight into his embrace after he said that, hugging him like it was the last time. He returned hug, giving her a more tighter hug. More like a warm-and-comforting hug. Suryeon releases herself from his embrace and said, “Go ahead. I’ll catch up with you.” 

 

As she turns her back and was about to walk away, Logan held her hand. “Remember this…” He said. “….wherever you are, I’m with you…” Suryeon shifted her gaze to him, staring into his eyes while her tears causes her to see things a little more blurry. “I’ll always,” He then put a ring onto her finger. “…have your back.” He leaned in and gave her a hug. Then, he continues, ”I’ll always be there for you, love. I don’t mind spending every hours and days to make sure you’re safe. You can share everything to me, I am your safe space. You can be whole with me, Suryeon-sshi. Things can be dark and frightening right now but I promise you, my dear, I promise you I will try to make you the happiest woman in the whole world, so please. Give me a chance, alright?” He assured her and sealed it with a sweet, forehead kiss. His eyes were red from shedding tears but he did’t care. The love between these two is found in every smile, every pounding heart and the sweet taste of every single kiss they’ve had. Logan then left her alone in the hotel as he went ahead to pick Eun-byeol up from Dr. Ha’s funeral. Suryeon looks at the GPS tracker and clutched it tight, with both her hands. “Logan ah, thank you for your love. Thank you for assuring me over and over again and not getting tired of me. I am so hard to love and yet, you stayed. you listened. you love. Thank you, my love.” She mumbled to herself as she broke down. 

 

As both Suryeon and Logan went to Gimpo Cliff separately, they can only hope for the best. That both of them would be safe, so that they can leave this place together and have a fresh start somewhere else that is far from all of these schemes of revenge, somewhere that’s fresh and new enough for both of them to breathe properly, along with Seokkyung & SeokHoon. “I love you, Suryeon-sshi. Let’s get this done and leave with the kids,” Logan thought as he drive along the roads.

 

Half an hour later, Seojin reached the Gimpo cliff, where Suryeon had summoned her on the phone, telling her that her daughter is with her. In the speed of light, Seojin sped her way to Gimpo cliff. The reflection of the lake behind the cliff reflected the darkness in the sky. Light slithers away, transforming the place into only faint-darkness. 

 

As Seojin saw the familiar figure, she stepped down from her car hastily and walked up to Suryeon. “Where’s my daughter, Shim Suryeon?!?!” She demanded answers from Suryeon. Both Cheon Seojin and Shim Suryeon are fighting and arguing at the edge of the cliff. Without Seojin’s knowledge, Eun-byeol was watching everything from a distance with Logan. She can’t believe what she had seen and heard, with her very own pairs of ears and eyes. She realised this it, if she doesn’t stop her mother from committing anymore crimes, she don’t know what would.  

 

With the sound of the siren from the cops getting nearer, Suryeon stepped further back to the edge of the cliff. With each steps she takes, Seojin looks at her with confusion. “I am not going to die alone,” Seojin shouted. “I don’t want it either,” Suryeon said it response. The rustling of the rocks could be heard as her foot dragged against the ground. Suryeon let go of Seojin’s arms and threw herself into the depth of the waters. “SHIM SURYEON,” Seojin shouted. Eyes were all on Seojin and Suryeon. Eun-byeol can’t believe her eyes, that ‘till the very end, her very own mother is still capable of killing others. Logan rushed down, or more like he nearly rolled down from the cliff, and ran to the edge before the police stopped him. “SURYEON-SSHI!!!” He shouted from the top of his lungs. As he look over the edge of the cliff, he sees nothing except for the splash of waters as Suryeon enter. 

 

Time seems to have had stood completely still for Logan. The feeling that he had never felt before, not even with Seol-A. The feeling of total sadness and disparity overwhelms him as he frantically look for Suryeon in the darkness. He prayed and hoped to the heavens that Suryeon actually wore the life-jacket and have the GPS tracker on her. “What do you mean there’s no signal?!?!” Logan yelled at his secretary. “Search again!” He commanded. Logan couldn’t believe it. He cannot lose her like that. Life would be meaningless without her, because SHE is his world. His universe. However, his heart sank, knowing that all he could do is to wait for the search team to find her body.

 

Back at the hotel, eyes were on the TV as they await the news, in hopes that they found Suryeon. “Mom, you can’t leave me just like that,” Seokkyung cried out. “Mom, please. We need you,” Seokhoon thought to himself. Logan’s phone vibrated and it was a call from his secretary. “Sir! We found the signal! THE GPS HAS SIGNAL SIR!” the voice shouted across the phone. At the same time, the sound from the news made all ears and eyes glued to it. “Breaking News, CEO of Shimwoon Arts Center, Shim Su-ryeon has been found at the shore of the lake. Rescue team are currently rushing her to the ER….” the news reporter said. Logan ran, flew, jump, whatever it takes to reach the ER as fast as possible.

 

The thought of Suryeon in an ER would meant that she’s actually in safer hands now, but we wouldn’t know what would happen too in a slip of time, would we? Logan entered the cold building. It was full of chattering, some were wailing and some were pacing around, waiting for time to pass. “Shim Suryeon-sshi’s family?” the doctor called out. “Yes, that’s me. I am her fiance,” Logan immediately turned his head around and responded to the doctor. “Right this way,” the doctor guided Logan through the ward’s main gate, passing the quiet corridors as it was already late at night. 

 

His heart shattered upon looking at what was in front of him. It was Suryeon, lying in bed. “Thank Goodness she was found on time. We also managed to resuscitate her, she might’ve passed out from hypothermia and exhaustion, which explains why she was lying on the shore when the police reached the scene,” the doctor explained. “She’s currently sleeping now, so I suggest you go home and get some rest too and come back tomorrow morning,” the doctor further explained. There’s no way, noooo way, Logan’s going back to the hotel without Suryeon. He almost lost her, and he will stay by her side until she wakes up. “Alright, thank you Doctor.” As soon as the doctor disappeared from sight, Logan ran next to Suryeon’s bed and only could stare at her, not being able to do anything. 

 

He let out a heavy sigh and held her hands. “Suryeon-sshi.” He paused. He wanted to say what it’s in his heart, but he paused. Because the thought of losing her, has traumatised him and he felt as if he wouldn’t see her anymore. “내 사랭…내 여자..” He said again. “Why would you throw yourself down like this? How much further would you go to keep Seo-jin locked up? We already have enough evidence to keep her inside for the rest of her life, my love..” He sniffled. He didn’t know Suryeon was awake but had her eyes close. “I know you feel guilty of what you’ve caused so far, but you gotta know that these things happened for a reason. And these people somehow, as they journey along next to you, they are probably bound for this fate. Revenge is ill-hearted. But it’s a road we all go down, by choice, to seek justice for those who deserves it.” Logan tries to keep his eyes close so he doesn’t get distracted. “My dear, do not punish yourself for a past you can’t control. Be free from it. I will help you out from it. I hope you find this life worth living, love.” And that was his last straw. He started sobbing uncontrollably. Since Suryeon got the room to herself, he didn’t had to worry if anyone would see him cry. 

 

As he was leaning onto her hands, he felt her fingers moving. He slowly lifted his head and saw her trying to open her eyes. Her fingers were trying to slip into Logan’s hands, signalling that she’s awake. “You’re so noisy, Logan,” Suryeon said jokingly to cheer the atmosphere up. Logan stared at her. “You’re…awake?!?!” He said in surprised, not knowing she was awake the whole time listening to him rambling. She let out a weak smile and said, “Yes love, I was awake. Just wanted to listen what you had to say,” and shifted her gaze at him. Both Suryeon and Logan looked at each other with deep intimacy. The only gaze both of them could understand and no one else would. He bent down, his lips rest against her forehead, then brushing it lightly which sent shivers down her spine. A shiver that made her whole body tremble. “I could go on and we would end up making babies here in no time if you don’t stop me,” Logan said daringly. She only looks at him and then took over. She brushed against his and traced his cheekbones. She looks at his luscious, kissable lips of his. She then pulled him down and now, his lips were pressed against hers. “Now,” she said. “Yo this woman is another level.” Logan thought. “You can’t leave me hanging like this,” he sulked. “We are in the hospital for God’s sakes Logan,” and she laughed heartedly. Logan knew she is in a much better condition now, judging by how she had the energy to and mess with him. “Oh how I love you so much, Suryeon-sshi.” He thought to himself. 

 

The next day, Suryeon was allowed to return home but under the condition that she rests well for the next two days, as her body is still weak. “Mom! Mom! Are you okay? Are you huuuuurt?” her loving daughter, Seokkyung ran into her mom’s room and hugged her. Suryeon let out a laugh and hugged Seokkyung back. “No, I am not hurt my baby. Mom is all good,” she carrased her daughter’s head. “Do you know how much I prayed and hope to the skies that you would be found alive? You can’t leave us, Mom. Please promise me and Seokhoon,” Seokkyung cried. “I am sorry, Seokkyung. Mom is sorry,” Suryeon comforted her little one. A little while after, Seokkyung left the room and Suryeon decided to take a nap. A knock was heard from the door. “Come in,” Suryeon said. “Oh?” Her eyes glistened upon the familiar figure that’s infront of her. “Why are you looking at me like this?” Logan asked. She got up from the bed and walked towards him, locking both her arms around his neck. “What do you think would happen if we kissed right here, right now?” Suryeon asked teasingly. “Right here? I think we would go way beyond what happened in the hospital, love” Logan replied. She presses her lips onto his and said, “Then make it happen.” 

 

Before Suryeon continue, Logan stopped her. “Why? What’s wrong?” Suryeon asked him, feeling slightly annoyed from the interruption. “Honestly,” he shuffled through his paper work and showed it Suryeon. “This, baby.” Suryeon was trying to read what was in front of her, and she couldn’t believe it. “YAH. WE ARE MOVING TO THE US? YOU GOT MY COMPANY REGISTERED ALREADY? HOLY BABY,” and right at that moment, Logan felt that the whole of Seoul knew they were moving, because Suryeon literally just announced it with intense excitement. “Oops, sorry. I was too loud, wasn’t I?” Suryeon chuckled the moment she realised how loud she was. He sneakily placed his arms around her waist and said, “Yes, Suryeon-sshi. We are moving to the US, with Seokkyung too. Since both Seokhoon and Rona are going to be busy in Europe.” Suryeon then released herself from his grip and turned to look at him. “I want to make you happy, love. I promised Seol-A..” He took her hands and held it tight, and continued. “and you, Suryeon-sshi. Let’s start fresh over there, with Seokkyung and if those two ever want to join us, they are more than welcome too! And perhaps,” He then gave her a little nudge, “make another extra one too,” Logan . Suryeon was both touched and flabbergasted with happiness and the confession he heard from Logan. It was’t just happiness, it was that sense of contentment that overflows her heart. No one, I mean no one, had ever made Suryeon felt this way. 

 

This time, Suryeon wanted to express her heart to Logan. Without Logan, she wouldn’t know where would she be right now. Without this man right here, that is standing in front of her, she would have lost all hope in life. She held his hands back, looked at him with her eye-smile. “Logan-ah,” Suryeon called out. Suddenly, she broke down. Not sure if she was upset or she was hurt, Logan bent down and checked on her, worriedly. “Suryeon-sshi? Love? Are you okay? Why are you crying?” He questioned her. She then signalled him, telling him she is fine and needed time to compose herself before continue speaking. She took a deep breath, and continued, “For a while, I dreamed of living happily with you. And I believed Seol-A sent you to me.” Suryeon’s voice started to quaver. “I felt so safe and comfortable in your arms. And maybe that is why I cry often when I am in your embrace, because it’s home to me. There were many moments when I felt I never wanted to leave you forever. So, to dream with you, I thought by throwing myself into the lake and in hopes that it ends there, things would get better.” Logan looks at her, causing their eyes meet. “But what I didn’t know, was that, I didn’t have to end things just to spend a lifetime of happiness with you. With that, also with your stupid beeping GPS tracker and the lifejacket you gave me, I managed to find my way to the shore. And I am sorry, for worrying you and causing you pain like this, Logan.” She caressed his cheeks and looks at him deeply. “I want to spend a time a lifetime with you, Logan.” She reached out to his hands and placed it onto her chest. “This, baby. This. It beats for you. And my love, is always and will always be for you.” Logan was overwhelmed with emotions. All he could do was to lean in, and give her a huge, warm embrace. An embrace that felt like a lifetime, that felt like a warm blanket wrapping around tiny person that he loves most. “I love you, Suryeon-sshi. Thank you for coming back. Thank you for staying alive and, thank you for choosing and loving me, for a lifetime.” 

 

 

——— it gets a little descriptive here, a slight rated M warning ——— 

 

Suryeon closed the gap between them. She kissed her like she wanted to be kissed, like no boy had ever kissed her — soft and moist, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. Logan’s lips brushed hers, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings — just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her lipstick lingered far after she had gone. Heat rose in both their cheeks, causing their tongues to both fight for dominance, like wrestlers pinning one another down. They’ve never been this close to each other, in such close proximity. As time goes by, things get a little more intense. “Shall we get a little more intense than what we did in the hospital, my man?” Suryeon pulled him even closer. 

 

“I had seen the best of her and the worst of her, and still, for a lifetime and evermore, I will love her.” Logan thought. “Aren’t you suppose to rest for another two days, my dear?” Logan looks at her with his eyebrows furied and eyes squinted. “Fine. Then we shall wait till’ we get to the US, or maybe never. Bye I want to sleep-“ Logan interrupted his sulky fiancee with a deep kiss. A kiss that sealed every promises that has made. 

 

“I love you, Logan,” Suryeon confessed.

 

“And I’ll love you a thousand more years. Even in the next life, Suryeon-sshi.” He said it back. Both of them let their bodies intertwined into one that day. 

 

*내 사랑...내 여자 = my love, my woman

Author’s Note: YAY YOU REACHED THE END. I am not sure if it’s a boring one to read, because it’s long. Nevertheless, thank you for reaching this far. This may not have been the ending they had in Penthouse, but somehow, moving to the States together and starting a new life was something I hoped for. But, we all got clowned, didn’t we? HAHAHA. I cried badly when I found out Logan d-worded. Anyways, I think I will still continue writing, perhaps a chapter or two, until I stop, because I would want to move on too. Logryeon will always, and forever, have a special place in my heart. See you guys on my next update! <3 also, i did not proofread. it's 4am here and i am sleepy HAHAHAH.