Walk with you

with you, with me.

jagiya = baby in korean, usually used for couples. 

 

As Suryeon comes home from work, she finds herself in the living room with no lights on. She figured Logan would be home by now, but the atmosphere speaks otherwise. She walked towards the pantry and switched on the main lights, giving her the view of the empty house. Since she has yet to have dinner, she decided to prepare a simple meal for both herself, and Logan. “Well if he’s actually coming home, and not spending another night in the office,” Suryeon thought. 

 

The sizzling sound from the kitchen can be heard through the entire house, echoing within the four walls. Suryeon made scrambled eggs, meat with broccoli and rice. Plates were laid out on the table, along with the utensils. She sat down, picked up her spoon, until she heard something. 

 

*Beep* *Beep* The beeping of the door lock could be heard. “Logan?” She questioned in her head. The door flung wide open, which gave Suryeon a shocked. With heavy footsteps, Logan walks into the house. He looked down, his face was darkened. “Logan?” Suryeon called out. He didn’t looked at her. “Jagiya? Are you okay?” Suryeon looks at him with her eyes full of worries. He walked past her and went to the dining area where the food was all laid out, ready to be eaten. He sat down quietly and ate. No kisses, no “how’s your day my love”, no “suryeon-sshi?” Suryeon was confused. She looked over at the dining area, trying to figure out what made him so sullen and grouchy. 

 

“Come and eat,” Logan broke the silence in the atmosphere. Suryeon walked towards the table and sat down, gazing at him with care and concern. “You look down. Is everything okay? You wanna talk about what’s bothering you?” Suryeon asked hesitantly, afraid she might triggered him. Once again, Logan ignored Suryeon’s question and continue eating as if he heard nothing. Suryeon figured he probably needs some time to composed himself before letting it out, so she got up and wanted to bring her meal into the room, but suddenly a hand reached out to her and stopped her. “Stay.” Logan said. Seeing how Logan needed her, even if it’s merely just her presence, she stayed. They ate in silence, but Suryeon finished her meal first so she washed her plates and left to shower. “I’ll be upstairs if you need me, I need to shower,” Suryeon told him. 

 

Meanwhile, Logan couldn’t understand it. He couldn’t find words to express to his beloved whatever he’s feeling. Things were literal crap at work and worst of all, he found out his brother, Alex, got into an accident. “Talk about timing,” Logan scoffed. Investors weren’t willing to put their faith in Logan Lee Corporations due to the plummet in stock prices after what was left after Joo Dantae and Cheon Seojin’s leadership. Logan had to fork out a hefty amount to cover up the losses, and then on the other side of the planet, his brother got hospitalised with severe fractures in his arms and ribcage. Fortunately, his parents are over there looking after him, so he gets to put that off his mind. Logan finished his dinner and washed the dishes. As he was washing the dishes, he realised how his mood has probably affected his wife, even though it was unintentional.

 

After a long day, Suryeon finally got to rest. She had a warm bath and managed to do some skincare before she gets her goodnight rest. While she was putting on her sheet mask, Logan knocked on the door. “Come in dear,” Suryeon said. Logan walks in, in slow steps. “Dinner was good, thank you for cooking my love,” Logan said. Suryeon was surprised by that remark. Minutes ago, Logan was avoiding Suryeon’s questions and what not. And here he is, complimenting and thanking her for the meal he had after a long day. Suryeon looks at him and smiles. And that smile, thaaaat smile, melted Logan’s heart. But he was too tired to show his affection anyways so he walked into the shower and cleaned himself up. 

 

Suryeon walked to the bed and put on her sheet mask. She scrolled through her social medias and replied the messages she had missed throughout the day. Logan then walks out from shower with his bathrobe on and a towel on his hand, drying his hair. Suryeon then got up and walked towards him and gave him a heartfelt yet warm and affectionate hug from the back. You see, Suryeon’s small in size. Then we have Logan, whose shoulders are broad and could possibly cover the whole of Suryeon with just his body. “Baby.” Suryeon murmured as she leans her head against his broad shoulder. “I am starting to get worried. Please tell me what happened,” she continues. Logan didn’t know what to do. First of all, he didn’t want to add another heavy load onto his wife after a long day. Secondly, he felt like it wasn’t his wife’s burden to carry. “I am fine, Suryeon-sshi. I am really okay,” Logan lied. That’s it, Suryeon has it. It was her final straw.

 

 

She let go of him and with all her strength, she spun him around. “You need to stop telling me that you’re fine when you’re not,” Suryeon said. She understood why Logan kept saying it’s fine, but now that they are married, she wants him to confide in her and let her in too, just like how she lets him in. Logan avoided her gaze and only knew how to look down at his feet. Suryeon dragged Logan to the sides of the bed and sat him down. “Please, tell me what’s going on. Your burdens are not for you to carry on your own. When I vow to marry you, I vowed to love you and take care of you in sickness and in health too, so my love, so please don’t keep it to yourself, hmm?” Suryeon pleaded while her eyes started to get watery without her realisation. “Here. You can hold onto my hands, you can squeeze it. You can cry on my shoulders, you can feel safe around me, baby.” Suryeon added. Logan realises he was at his last straw. Tears welled up in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. He bawled. He buried his forehead onto Suryeon’s shoulder while she soothes him with a back rub. He was overwhelmed with work, with worries and with the uncertainties of the future. For both his life, Suryeon’s life and the company. “Cry it out. I will be here even until the sun rises. I will sit here and listen to you. Anything that makes you feel better. I will walk with you, Logan.” Suryeon comforted him while choking at her own tears. She felt as if her heart had been ripped to pieces, looking at her beloved crying this hard. Logan had always been the stronger one, loving one and the one who’s been more stable enough to support her. However, this time, things were different. She had to be the stronger one now, for him. For Logan. 

 

 Logan then raised his head from his wife’s shoulder. He looks at her with his dried tears. His eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. He felt a wave of emotions rushed through him at the same time when he looked at her. “Thank you, love. Thank you for being there. Being so patience and being so loving to me.” Logan said as he grab both her tiny hands. “And I am sorry, for making you worry. I didn’t know how to express what I feel, let alone my thoughts. They were overwhelming and everywhere. I was afraid that I would burden you too much with the weight I was carrying. I didn’t want to bother you,” Logan told her honestly. Suryeon lean in closer to Logan’s personal space, while remaining her hands in his, not letting it go. She looked at him with full of love, while tears welling up from her tear duct. She sniffles, trying to breathe properly. For a while, there was silence between the both of them.

 

Suryeon looked up at Logan. “Logan-ah,” she called. “You know, when I left the penthouse that night when Joo Dantae wanted to kill me and I came to you, I was worried if I was burdening you. Because your sole reason, at least that’s what I gauge at first, for returning to Seoul was to find Seol-A’s killer. But when things were tough on my end, I felt comfort and security in you. You were there for me, way before when we were together,” she breathes in and out, and continued. “There were a lot of times, I wondered if my selfish motives were too much for you. I wondered if you had any other hidden agenda, when you first approached me. But little did I know, you were nothing but full of care for the people you love the most, Logan. These were one of the very moments you cared and loved me, for me. They weren’t your burdens to begin with, but you chose to listen to me. You had the choice to leave, but you stayed.” And Logan knew, that Suryeon was not only returning the favour, but loving him for him. Simple. 

 

He played with her fingers for a while and then interlocked them. Then, he pulled her in for a long, sweet kiss. A kiss that both of them longed for, well, since they came home. When one of them broke the kiss, Suryeon went to her side of the bed. “Here.” she pats on the spot next to her. “And you can tell me alllll of it,” Suryeon smiles at him. Logan shifted next to Suryeon, leaning on her chest. Her fingers run through his fluffy hair and she laughed. “Why are you laughing?” Logan asked. “Nothing. You hair is really soft after you washed it,” Suryeon replied. Logan chuckled. He loved his wife simplicity. The smallest things that brings her joy, that. “And you smell really nice, baby,” That was very endearing to hear for Suryeon. 

 

With him resting his head on Suryeon’s, he had his other hand holding onto hers. They spent the night talking and listening to one another, sharing to each other about their own burdens while being in each other’s comfort. Logan was just going on and on about his issues, while Suryeon’s offering advices to his problems. 

 

Logan got up and looked at Suryeon. “Have you ever thought how much worse our lives would be without each other?” He asked. Suryeon chuckled at that cheesy line of his and said, “The world could be on fire and i’d still be happy if it’s with you, my love.” "Talk about cheesiness." Logan thought. He then planted small kisses all over Suryeon’s face, causing her to laugh. “It tickles,” she said with laughter. Lastly, Logan placed a small, fleeting kiss onto her pink, luscious lips — which then immediately followed by a passionate, hungry kiss. 

 

“I walk with you forever, my love.” Suryeon said between kisses. “And I will never let go of your hands as you walk with me, Suryeon-sshi.” Logan replied.  

 

Author Note:

This is SO long. I have no idea it’d be this long, I just wrote whatever that came to my mind. Apologies for any grammatical errors. Once again, thank you for reading! See you at the next update! :)