Nights with you

with you, with me.

Meetings after meetings, clients after clients. papers were placed messily all over the table. a loud and heavy sighed escaped from Logan’s mouth. “Ugh, how would i get all of these done in such a short amount of time?” he whined again. 

 

Everyone seemed to be working from home ever since the lockdown. At first, it felt nice to work at the comfort of his own hotel suite. He saved a lot of money on petrol and didn’t had to go through the trouble and mess of finding the right suit for the day. But as days and weeks goes by, he felt exhausted. These four walls, what may seemed to be his sense of comfort, has taken a toll on him. Worst of all, he misses his woman. 

 

Suryeon has been back and forth from america and seoul to handle the kids' studies and whatever that’s left of Joo Dantae's nonsense. She finds herself spending lesser time with Logan, and ever since the lockdown had imposed in South Korea, it made it even harder for suryeon to travel around. She made another trip down to Seoul to finish up whatever that’s needed to be done and of course, to spend some time with her man. 

 

An ocean across and 12 hours later, she finds herself at Incheon International Airport in the middle of the night, contemplating whether to give Logan a call and drop by his hotel or find another place to stay. “Shim suryeon-sshi.” A voice echoed through the empty arrival hall. She turn and glanced over to see who called for her. it was Logan's secretary. “How did you…??” She questioned. “Logan has arranged me to pick you up from the airport,” the secretary explained. “Ahhh, i see, ‘cos i didn’t called him or text him anything about my arrival.” Suryeon pondered. “He must’ve remembered you were arriving today,” the secretary explains once again. They left through the main exit and find themselves on the road, embarking to the hotel. Suryeon asked to stop the car halfway. “anything wrong?” the secretary asked. “Nah, I would like to buy some food and snacks before we reach the hotel, im hungry.” Suryeon said. 

 

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Logan glanced over his document with his furrowed eyebrows, trying to make sense of it. He tries to finish everything before he leaves for america. he looks over his phone and the time reads “2.35am.” That explains his exhaustion. Suddenly, his stomach made sounds. “ah , i must’ve forgotten my dinner.” he exclaims. He rummaged through his pantry’s cabinet, in hopes to find at least a cup noodle to sustain his hunger. “Hell. there’s nothing.” Logan then decided to hope into his bathroom and wash up and then sleep off his hunger. 

 

As he was about to enter the bathroom, the doorbell rang. “For pete’s sakes it’s 3 in the morning- WHO IS IT?!” Logan yelled. He walks towards the hallway and opens the door. 

 

A familiar figure with a familiar scent greeted him by the door. “Suryeon-sshi?!” logan exclaimed. It was his love of his life standing right in front of him. Holy , he thought. “Oh I forgot you were arriving today, god i was so caught up with m-“ Before he could continue, Suryeon shuts him up with fishballs and sausages. “I mean…you could have shut me up with a kiss but really? food?” Logan said with food in his mouth. “Figured you would be hungry cos you do be skipping dinner when things get hectic love,” suryeon expresses. Logan felt bad that he has forgotten about his wife’s arrival. And he definitely blames it on his work. 

 

Suryeon flops herself onto the couch and sighs. “ah. what a long day. even im hungry!” Suryeon complains. Logan stood there, watching his woman munching and devoured all the food she has bought for herself and possibly him, with a loving look. He walks towards her, put his hands on hers. Suryeon was surprised by the touch of her man, she looks at him with confusion. “What?” she asked. “I missed you,” Logan expresses. Truth is, Suryeon has been missing him a ton, god she probably misses his touch. She puts down her fishballs and her tea on the table and cups Logan's face. “Ahh. i miss this face.” Suryeon scans whatever is in front of her and realises how much they have been apart that the both of them must’ve forgotten how tired they look. "Damn bathrobe. My man still y as ever." She thought. Logan looks at her, “You've gotten ten times prettier since we are apart yeah?” A chuckle leaves Suryeon's mouth. “Gosh that’s flattering of you.” Logan closes the gap between them kisses her. “Holy i missed this,” Suryeon said between breath. 

 

They parted and went into each other embrace. “damn, this is prickly.” Suryeon thought he shaved.“this sweet scent. soft, flowery scent,” Logan thought as she snuggled his nose onto Suryeon's hair. They could honestly stay like this forever. “Suryeon-sshi,” Logan breaks the quiet atmosphere. “hm?” Suryeon responded with her eyes close. “Please go shower,” Logan really knows how to spoil the atmosphere. Suryeon laughed at this comment and got up. But Logan held onto her arms and said, “And also, i missed you so freaking much, love. it kills me that i dont get to see you as often as before.” Logan pouts. Suryeon sat next to him, caressed his face, holding his left hand and said, “Hey, it’s almost done. we can go back to the US soon. and i kid u not, i miss you baby. and i love you.” Not gonna lie, Logan felt his heart exploding from all of these love Suryeon has been showering him. Suryeon took his hands and led both of them to the bathroom. “Take off your bathrobe,” Suryeon exclaimed. “You didn’t have to sound this commanding love,” Logan said. 

 

After the steamy shower, they found themselves dressed in their night-wear. Lights were off, both of them were tired. Logan’s huge body is covering Suryeon while she folds her legs and fits them between his knees. Logan gave Suryeon a forehead kiss. “Logan-ah,” Suryeon calls out. Logan responded with his eyes close. “Wasn’t it hard staying stuck in your hotel suite for months?” Suryeon asked. “It was. It was tiring, exhausting and frustrating. Work was hard, and you weren’t next to me. So I felt even more fatigue,” Logan answered. Suryeon felt an immense amount of guilt. “I am sorry,” Suryeon expresses. She had a lot to do, Logan knows it, but they both really craved for one another. “It’s alright, you needed to do what you needed to do. Now that you’re next to me, I am happy,” Logan said. “Only happy?!” Suryeon answered. “No, I feel at home. You are my home, my love. I am addicted to you, and everything that has to do with you. I like everything that is you. Even if it’s falling asleep next you.” “freaking hell. this guy really knows how to make my heart skip a beat.” Suryeon thought. “You really know your way of words. Me too. You’re my everything. Thank you for being by my side all the years. I’ll promise to do them same to you. I love you Logan ah,” Suryeon said it out. “I will always be by your side. It’s just that circumstance don’t go into our favour at times, and that is not your fault my love. I love you too, lets sleep,” Logan replied. They let their sleep succumbed them.