Han Jisung

Stray Kids Fics (Hurt and Comfort)

It's been two weeks since Stray Kids promoted their latest song, Thunderous. A very packed schedule is something common for them after almost four years of their debut. Tired, not enough sleep and nonstop practice is a normal routine for idols during a comeback to ensure the best stage performance is performed. However, everyone has their limits. This comeback has become the most tiring for Jisung. Jisung started having headaches due to fatigue and possibly stress. It’s just a headache and he always brings his painkillers with him for this occasion. Having a headache make him lose his appetite. He swallowed two pills each time the headache came in hopes of relieving the pain that prevented him from performing smoothly.

“You okay mate?” asked the leader concerns about the younger’s health.

“Yeah, no worry,” Jisung assured.

After they finished their performance at the Music Bank that day, they were permitted to return to their dorm to rest for the night. However, they have to go back to the practice room early in the morning tomorrow to practice their choreography. Because of fatigue, all members were silent on the car ride. Seungmin listened to the song on the earphones while closing his eyes, the three oldest members were asleep while Hyunjin, Felix and Jeongin were with their phones. Jisung tried to sleep but his head was throbbing hard. Before they moved, he had swallowed the painkillers but to no avail.

He gritted his teeth hoping that the pain would subside. After almost half an hour in the car, they arrived in front of the dorm and the pain experienced by Jisung still did not go away. Hurriedly, Jisung got out of the car and headed towards the door. He wanted to clean himself and try to sleep on the bed. He thought that it would be easier to sleep on a comfortable bed and be free from this headache. He took a quick shower, dried his hair and put on pajamas to sleep even though it’s only 8.30 p.m. Bangchan and Felix were preparing their dinner and asked the other members if they also want to eat. Jisung politely refused the offer and went to bed. His head was still throbbing as he lay on the bed. After a few minutes, Jisung finally entered the dreamland.

Meanwhile in the kitchen,

“Hyung, should I wake up Jisung for dinner?” asked Seungmin to Bangchan who is done preparing the food.

“Let him be. He said he does not want to eat,” said Bangchan as he arranged the chopstick on the table.

As soon as the other members finish their food, they went to play video games or rest in their room. The guys who were playing the game were sometimes a bit noisy until Bangchan had to come out of the room to tell them to be quiet.

“Guys, keep it down, can ya?”

They keep it down but it only lasted for a few minutes.

“Jeongin-ah! You are cheating aren’t you!!” Hyunjin shouted

“You are terrible at this game hyung! Why is it my fault?” replied the maknae.

“No! Let’s start over. I was about to win and then you suddenly appeared in front of me and crossed the line. I know I was at the line first!” Hyunjin argued.

“Trust me I am going to win again,” the bickering between Hyunjin and Jeongin was heard until Jisung’s room although the door was closed.

Jisung's body moved a bit to the sudden noise. His eyes fluttered in the dark. Just seconds after that, his headache started to come. He groaned while trying to sit up. His headache felt worse than before. He looked at the clock and it was already 10.45 p.m. He got up and walked to the study table near the window of that room that he shared with Felix. Felix was not yet in the room may be hanging out with the guys in the living room, thought Jisung. He swallowed two pills and gulped the water from the water bottle. He just sat on the bed for a while and massaged his head to ease the pain.

Suddenly, the door was opened from outside and the light that came into the room strike Jisung’s figure on the bed.

“Aren’t you asleep?” questioned Felix.

“Mhm. I woke up to the noise and my head starts throbbing again,” replied Jisung.

“They are noisy as ever,” Felix closed the door and head to his bed.

“Are you okay though? Do you want me to grab the painkillers for you?” Felix was concerned after getting a close-up on his friend.

“I did take some just now. It will get better soon,” assured Jisung. He lied on the bed as he felt that the pills had begun to show their effect.

“Just wake me up if you need anything. Goodnight,” Felix cannot help but worry about his friend. He knew that Jisung has had a headache from a few days ago.

“’ Kay,” Jisung just replied short. The pain on the left side of his head was connected to his left jaw. It was throbbing in his gum too. It really hurts to even talk.

Jisung was jostling on his bed for whoever knows how long it was. The rest of the members were already in their rooms, sleeping, apparently. It was quiet. Felix was deep in his sleep meanwhile Jisung just cannot fall asleep. It was already 12 a.m. His stomach grumbled, since, he did not eat dinner. But the thought of food makes him sick with the unnerving pain in his head. Jisung did not know at what time he fell asleep. All he knows is that Felix woke him up and told him to get ready for practice.

Jisung realized that his head didn't hurt like last night. He immediately got up to take a shower. After he gets ready, he heads to the kitchen. There is a butter jam bread made by Seungmin. Jisung immediately ate because he felt hungry. They only had 15 minutes before the manager came to pick them up in the dorm and the dorm is hectic with the members getting ready.

When they arrived at the practice room, they warmed up and were ready to practice. Bangchan the music player and the room was filled with music booming and reflecting on the wall. The load noise can vibrate the head of anyone who’s listening to it. Usually, Jisung likes to listen to loud music but not today. As soon as the song started ringing in his ears, his head started to ache again. Despite the pain, he can still dance to the song since the headache wasn't as bad as last night.

When it was the break, Jisung quickly reached for the painkillers that he always carried everywhere. Felix who saw the situation asked about Jisung's condition.

“Is your head still hurt?” Felix walked to Jisung.

“Just a little discomfort. The music was too loud but it’s bearable,” said Jisung who was resting on the floor.

“I will tell Chan hyung to bring the volume down a little bit,” said the blonde hair boy while resting his hip on the floor next to Jisung.

Practice ended smoothly. Every time before a performance at a music show, it is very important for the idol group to practice their choreography to improve or avoid any mistakes. The more they practice, the fewer the mistakes. Their manager brought their lunch for the members but Jisung did not have so much appetite. He chewed just a piece of chicken and unfinished the rest.

Bangchan was worried about Jisung. He has his eyes on Jisung's every move. He noticed that Jisung was so quiet that day and just nodded or shook his head at every question that Bangchan had asked him.

The music show starts with the practice stage. The booming noise is too loud for him to handle. He tried his best to not show any expression that indicated any discomfort on his face. He performed the choreography almost perfectly in the practice stage. He managed to hide his pain even though he felt like someone was hammering his jaw and head.

The members went back to their waiting room meanwhile, Jisung went to the toilet. The pain was getting worse. He closed the door behind his back and tears fall onto his cheeks. He touched his left cheek that was throbbing. He gritted his teeth hard. He did not know what did the trick but it subsides the pain just for a while. Jisung was closing his eyes just now and when he opened it back, he felt a bit dizzy. He did not feel nauseous though. He opened the lock to the door and Minho was in front of his face.

“Hyung!” Jisung was honestly startled by the figure.

“What are you doing so long in the toilet? We are about to start,” Minho looked at every inch of Jisung’s face. Bangchan did tell Minho that Jisung might not feel very good today.

“Sorry for making you wait. Let’s go,” Jisung said while passing Minho who was standing in front of the cubicle he was in.

They all were getting ready for the music cue. Jisung had his mental ready for the booming music. The song was more or less than 3 minutes. He believed he can manage it well.

The performance finally ended. The lights went out and the music stopped. Jisung actually managed to handle the situation. Everyone was thanking the staff behind the stage for their efforts and helps meanwhile, Jisung alone rushed to the toilet and it was seen by Felix. His head was throbbing like crazy. In addition to that, he felt dizzy and nauseous.

He let out all of his breakfast and lunch in the toilet bowl. The sour taste in his mouth felt gross. At this moment, Jisung literally felt like dying.

A hand was patting his back while he was kneeling in front of the bowl. A panic voice is heard behind his back.

“Oh gosh! Are you okay?!” Felix almost screamed at the sight in front of him.

“It hurts,” that was the only word that Jisung could utter. Jisung let out a sob. He wished that someone could knock his head off so that the pain could go away.

“Wait I’ll call Bangchan hyung!” Felix got up on his feet and dashed out of the bathroom. Just a few seconds after that Bangchan and the manager appeared with Felix. Jisung was still gagging any leftover in his stomach into the bowl. Bangchan sat on his knee next to the poor boy. He rubbed his hand on the back of Jisung's hoping that could relieve the pain. “It’s okay, we are here,”

Once Jisung was done, he was carried by Bangchan and the manager to their waiting room. The rest of the members were shocked to see the situation. Bangchan lay Jisung down on the sofa. Jisung was so tired and already had his eyes closed.

“Can we turn off the lights?” asked Bangchan at one of their staff. Hurriedly, they turn off the lights.

“What happened to him?” asked Hyunjin.

“I think he had a migraine. We need to be quiet guys,” Bangchan had taken the cold bottle from the fridge and applied it to Jisung’s neck.

“We need to let him rest a little bit. When he wakes up, we will transfer him to the car,” whispered Bangchan. Jisung’s face gradually becomes peaceful with the cold temperature compressed to his temple and neck. After they waited a few minutes, Jisung fluttered his eyes open. Bangchan came up to Jisung and asked him if it was okay to move him. Jisung just nodded using his left energy in his body. He actually felt a little better with the cold compress that was applied to his neck and head.

Minho and Seungmin slowly move Jisung’s body onto Bangchan’s back. The manager had to cover Jisung’s head with his jacket to prevent the light. Bangchan moved as fast as possible to the car. Felix and Bangchan accompanied Jisung’s back to the dorm and helped him change his clothes. Jisung was given painkillers before they tuck him into his bed. Bangchan had warned the other members to not make any noises that night. Hopefully, Jisung will feel better after resting for the whole night.