Chaennie

Hey, That's My Idiot! (Chaennie Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa, hurry up, the ice cream is melting!"

Chaeyoung tapped her feet, glance alternating between the ice cream and her friend. It was movie night at the dorm, and the pair passed by a grocery store to buy some snacks. Unfortunately, Lisa is taking forever at the potato chips aisle.

 

“Ugh, fine! I’ll choose the barbecue flavored one” Lisa muttered, grabbing three huge potato chips bags in each arm. “You didn’t have to rush me, you know. Jennie will happily eat melted ice cream goo as long as it came from you.”

 

“What? Who said these are for Jen?”

 

“As if milk-flavored ice cream isn’t her favorite” Lisa rolled her eyes. “Geez, if I knew you two would be this lovey-dovey, I wouldn’t have encouraged you to go for it.”

 

“Hey! Jen and I act like a perfectly normal couple okay” Chaeyoung retorted, blushing at the thought. After years of mutual pining – which Chaeyoung still has a hard time wrapping her head around –  they finally went from friends to more last week.

 

And now, with her girlfriend’s favorite snack in hand, she can’t wait to go home.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

“We’re home!”

 

Lisa yelled, only to be met with complete silence. The living room was also uncharacteristically dark, and she mirrored Chaeyoung’s puzzled expression.

 

“So you two are finally back.”

 

A chilling voice broke the silence, causing the pair to jump in surprise. In the corner sat Jennie, blending in the dark and pinning them with a steely glare.

 

“What the , Jennie! You scared us!”

 

“Where did you guys go?” Jennie ignored Lisa’s outburst, eyes still set on the space between the pair.

 

“We went to buy some snacks” Lisa dangled the grocery bags up to make a point. “Can we start the movie now? I really want to eat these already.”

 

“Is that all?” Jennie’s icy tone sent shivers down Chaeyoung’s spine, and alarms started to blare in her mind at the unusual demeanor.

 

“Baby, is there something wrong?” Chaeyoung asked, hoping the pet name would appease her.

 

Jennie faltered a bit, but immediately stood from the couch and pointed an accusing finger, “you cheated on me!”

 

“W-what?” Chaeyoung’s blood ran cold. She loves Jennie more than anyone else in her life. How did her girlfriend reach that conclusion? Did she not make her feel loved?

 

“Chae, you ! How could you do that?” Lisa slapped Chaeyoung with a potato chips bag, and the blonde has never been this confused in her life.

 

“But I…I didn’t…”

 

Jennie crossed her arms as her frown deepens. “How could you, Rosie? After I gave up the crown and fought with my father to marry you –  you went ahead and slept with some girl!”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung’s eyebrows shot up at the accusations. She reached out to touch Jennie’s forehead. “Your temperature is normal and there’s no fever. Did you hit your head? Should I call an ambulance?”

 

“It’s from a fanfiction she’s reading” Jisoo piped in from her room, finally taking pity on Chaeyoung. “Jen loves those and can get a bit too into it. Apparently, you’re a douchebag in the newest story, Chae.”

 

“A fanfiction…” Chaeyoung repeated dumbly as Lisa burst out laughing.

 

“A royalty AU” Jisoo added as if it was crucial information.

 

“To think I even took a knife to my shoulder just to protect you!” Jennie pointed at the area for emphasis.

 

"I - what - but - " Chaeyoung can't seem to find the right words to use. "It's fictional!"

 

“I know it’s not real, but what you did still hurts, Rosie.”

 

“I...I’m sorry?” Chaeyoung said hesitantly. “For cheating on you without my knowledge, and in a fictional world that I’ve absolutely no control over?”

 

Jennie pouted at the apology.

 

“Oh my god, this is the funniest thing ever” Lisa exclaimed as she wiped the tears in her eyes. She looped an arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder, teasing, “can’t help that our Chae is so shippable with everyone! So who was it this time? Suzy? Joy? Oh! Irene is also an underrated choice.”

 

Jennie answered the question with a death glare that made Lisa instinctively withdrew her arm away from Chaeyoung.

 

Lisa took a step back and glanced at Jisoo for confirmation. The said girl just gave a lazy shrug.

 

“It’s me!?” Lisa complained. “Oh c’mon, there’s nothing romantic between Chae and me. We’re bros!”

 

Jennie grabbed a potato chip bag and threw it at Lisa’s face. “Tell that to all Chaelisa pairings I saw, you homewrecker!”

 

 

------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter