Heart On Your Sleeve

Hey, That's My Idiot! (Chaennie Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, have you seen my pink sweater? I swear I left it in my closet."

 

Chaeyoung walked out of her room, hair disheveled from hours of searching for the missing apparel.

Lisa and Jisoo both shook their heads at the question, throwing some suggestions –

"Maybe you left it in the dryer? Or maybe under the bed or the back of a chair?"

"No, I’ve checked everywhere – even turned my room upside down, and I still can't find it!" Chaeyoung grumbled. "Aww, I really liked that sweater."

 

"Don't worry, Chae, we'll help you find it" Lisa offered and turned towards Jennie. "How about you, Jen? Have you seen it?"

"Nope" Jennie looked down, fiddling with her nails as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"Umm...and I'm also really tired now so I'll go back to my room to rest" Jennie abruptly stood up, giving Chaeyoung an apologetic look, "sorry Rosie, I’ll help you tomorrow."

"It's alright, Jen" Chaeyoung reassured. "Are you okay? Is your insomnia acting up again?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it!"


After some quick good nights, Jennie finally retreated to her room, sighing in relief as she closes the door.

She walked towards her closet, opening it and carefully putting away several tops aside.

And lo and behold – safely tucked under the pile of clothing is Chaeyoung's supposedly missing sweater.

 


Jennie held it, thumb running across the soft material, before burying her cheeks in it and inhaling the soft, comforting scent of lavender that's so distinctly Chaeyoung.

A relaxing sigh escaped , all tiredness seeping out of her body.



No, Jennie is definitely not a thief.

She has donated millions to charity, volunteered in hospitals and orphanages, and even went back to a grocery one time to return an extra 10 bucks change to the cashier.

All in proof that Jennie is a good person.

 


Or at the very least, before her one and only crime of stealing Chaeyoung's sweater.


Jennie sighed, this wasn't supposed to happen. She was still a morally upright citizen a short time ago,.

But her insomnia is to blame for ruining her no stealing record.

It started a week ago, when Jennie suffers from insomnia again as she does every so often –

 

 


Chaeyoung, with all the goodness in her heart, tried to help her, suggesting several methods to help Jennie fall asleep.
 

They tried warm milk, melatonin, and some meditation online, but all of them didn’t work, and Jennie was still left wide awake.

 

And soon, the pair gave up and decided to just watch a movie to pass time instead.

"Thank you for trying to help Rosie, I appreciate it" Jennie said, currently wrapped like a burrito with the blankets on Chaeyoung's bed.

"Nah, the tips I found didn't even work" Chaeyoung replied as she starts the movie. "But don't worry, I'll research more."

"You don't have to, Ro – " Jennie sneezed, cutting herself off – the layers of blankets not enough to keep her warm in this winter weather.

"Are you cold?"

"No, I'm good" Jennie lied. Her room is just a few meters away from the blonde's, but she’s too lazy to get up and grab a jacket for herself.

“You liar” Chaeyoung gave an indulgent smile, stood up, and offered her a sweater from her closet. "Here you go."

Jennie gratefully accepted it, feeling toasty and contented as she wears the soft garment.

 

It was love at first sight with the sweater. And Jennie's favorite part about it? It smells just like Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung always smells so good.

Minutes later, Jennie found herself blacking out to the best sleep in her life, it was like a fluffy cloud has wrapped her in a warm hug, all while a comforting scent steadily lulled her to dreamland.
 

 

 



Everything changed after that night. Ever since then, Jennie cannot for the life of her fall asleep without that sweater.

She would just hug it to sleep and doze off within seconds, sleeping like a log throughout the night and waking up feeling completely refreshed in the morning.

Frankly, it is a miracle cure for Jennie’s insomnia.

 

Even more effective than any sleeping pills she has tried for years.

And so that's the story of how Jennie became a shameless thief.

Nevertheless, a thief who now has eight hours of beauty sleep every night.

 

 

I'm so sorry Rosie, promise I'll buy you twenty sweaters tomorrow.

Which I'm probably gonna end up stealing.

Still, it's the thought that counts anyway.

 


Jennie hummed contentedly as she drifts off to sleep.

 

The world is at peace for Jennie, and her crime is definitely worth it.

 

 

 


---------------------------------
 

 



The world is in chaos now.

Jennie has come home from a grueling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter