Dumb Dumb (2)

Hey, That's My Idiot! (Chaennie Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is what falling in love feels like, Jennie pondered as she gazes at Suzy's face on screen.

 

Total state of calmness – like a monk with no worldly desires after decades of meditation.

 

Truth be told, Jennie is disappointed. After her epiphany with Lisa and Jisoo, she has taken it on herself to binge-watch all of Suzy's dramas. She was expecting butterflies in her stomach, or at least an ounce of dopamine rush. But all she felt was numbness, even as she watches the male lead kiss Suzy.

 

Jennie sighed. Maybe romance is meant to be this boring. She knew those cheesy Hallmark movies were too good to be true anyway.

 

"Hey, what are you watching?" Chaeyoung sat beside Jennie, the bed dipping on her weight. Jennie scooted over to rest her head on the blonde’s shoulder.

 

"Just some Korean dramas" Jennie hummed, mood instantly better with Chaeyoung nearby. After watching The Notebook days ago, Jennie made a habit of barging in Chaeyoung's room every night, citing that her mattress provides the optimal comfort in film viewing.

 

And if Jennie accidentally falls asleep so she ends up cuddling Chaeyoung through the night? Pure, unmediated coincidence.

 

"Oh, you're watching Vagabond!"

 

"Uh, yeah."

 

Chaeyoung's eyes were now glued to the screen, smiling at Suzy's character. And Jennie suddenly had the urge to deactivate her Netflix account, permanently.

 

"You know, I used to be intimidated by Suzy, especially because of our dating scandal. But she's actually really nice.”

 

"That’s good to hear then” Jennie mumbled.

 

"Yes! She even invited me to her filming set tomorrow."

 

Jennie felt a flicker of familiar rage in her chest. "You guys are going on a date?"

 

"A date?" Chaeyoung flushed an adorable shade of red. "No, no! It's only because I mentioned offhand that Alice is a big fan of Park Bo Gum, who's Suzy’s co-star in the new drama. So she offered to bring us there."

 

"I am too!" Jennie blurted out.

 

She's not. Yes, the actor is conventionally handsome, with millions of fans swooning at his feet. But he's as attractive as a chewed gum for Jennie. Her heart belongs to Suzy after all.

 

And that's why she needs to sabotage this not-date.

 

"Really? I didn't know you like Bo Gum."

 

"Umm, yeah! I'm obsessed with him."

 

Chaeyoung frowned, something akin to disappointment flashing on her face. “I guess he’s your type huh?”

 

"Uh, yes! You know me, straight as a ruler – can’t deny his boyish, manly, masculine charm" Jennie winced at her own words.

 

“Oh…okay” Chaeyoung’s shoulders slumped. “I’ll tell Suzy you’ll join us, I’m sure she won’t mind.”

 

Jennie muffled a squeal at her triumph. She went in for a hug, but halted at Chaeyoung’s dejected state.

 

Did Rosie really like Suzy that much? To be this devastated now that their date is ruined?

 

Now Jennie felt like a ty friend. Her victory doesn’t taste as sweet anymore, especially if it comes at Chaeyoung’s expense.

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

"Bogum, as I mentioned the other day, here’s Chaeyoung and her sister Alice" Suzy introduced to the actor, "as well as Jennie and Lisa from Blackpink."

 

"Yes, I'm familiar" Bogum flashed a charming smile to the group, prompting Alice to start hyperventilating. "It’s nice to meet you all."

 

“Alice and Jennie are big fans” Suzy brought up in goodwill. Everyone looked at the pair expectantly.

 

“Right! Uh, I really like…” Jennie squeaked, what did she like about this guy again? “Uh…I really like that you...have eyebrows?”

 

Said eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Umm, thanks?”

 

Jennie wanted to dig a hole and bury herself.

 

Thankfully, Alice began listing off Bogum’s filmography – fangirling over his meticulous acting in detail. The actor seemed delighted at the praises, and they soon hit it off.

 

"Bogum, why don't we tour them around?" Suzy suggested. "Jennie also mentioned that Lisa is very interested in what happens behind-the-scenes."

 

"I am?" Lisa asked, and Jennie elbowed her ribs. "Ow! Uh – yes, I am!"

 

"Great! Let's start."

 

"Wait!" Jennie stopped the group. "I was thinking maybe we could split up in threes – Rosie can go with Suzy, Alice with Bogum, and Lisa with me?"

 

"Oh, are you sure?"

 

"Yes! It’ll be easier to move around in smaller groups too" Jennie supplied, glancing around for any disagreement. Bogum just shrugged, while an eager Alice nodded at the idea.

 

"Okay, if you say so. Let’s go, Chaeyoung?" Suzy clung onto the blonde’s arm, pulling her. Jennie summoned all of her willpower to not rip the pair apart.

 

Soon enough, Jennie and Lisa were left wandering the film set alone.

 

"Jen, not that I don't find all these stuffs interesting, but what exactly are we doing here?"

 

"We were supposed to sabotage Suzy and Rosie’s date."

 

"Huh? But you did just the opposite? You even gave them some alone time with your suggestion."

 

"Yeah" Jennie’s face darkened. "That's why I said 'were' – my plan was in past tense."

 

"But why? Don’t you care if they get together anymore?"

 

"I don't know…it bothers me a lot at first, that's why I even dragged you along today” Jennie admitted. “But I kept recalling Rosie's disappointed face, and suddenly...my feelings don’t matter that much anymore. I just want Rosie to be happy, so I'm supporting their relationship from now on."

 

Lisa stopped in her tracks and faced Jennie. "Jen, you are the dumbest idiot ever!"

 

"Hey!"

 

"Are you really fine with it? Imagine Chae dating Suzy. Before you know it – they’ll be holding a picture-perfect wedding, off living i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter