Dumb Dumb (1)

Hey, That's My Idiot! (Chaennie Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is what it’s like to be punched in the gut, Jennie grimaced.

 

Well, not literally. Her ten bodyguards and three bandmates wouldn’t let that happen. But this – seeing Suzy touch Chaeyoung’s arm with a playful smirk – is as close to a er punch as it can get.

 

Jennie regret attending this stupid party.

 

“Lisa, is that Suzy standing beside Rosie?”

 

“Yup! They look cute, right?” Lisa piped in. “Apparently, they haven’t met despite their so-called dating scandal years ago. So Hyeri unnie thought it would be funny to play matchmaker now.”

 

“Funny?” Jennie sipped her champagne, watching Suzy give Chaeyoung an unfunny hug that lingered longer than necessary. Alcohol has never tasted this sour.

 

“That’s ridiculous. And why is she giving Rosie that look?”

 

“What look?” Lisa tilted her head, curious.

 

“A predatory look! Like Rosie is some kind of juicy, deer meat she’s about to pounce!”

 

“You mean, that same look on your face now, which Chae has been wishing for years?” Lisa teased under her breath.

 

“What?” Jennie clarified, the loud music drowning her friend’s voice. “Sorry, I didn’t hear you.”

 

“Uh, what I said was – maybe Suzy finds Chae attractive? Don’t you?”

 

“Absolutely!” Jennie agreed all too quickly. Wincing at her own eagerness, she added “but I meant that in a friendly way, okay?”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Duh" Jennie rolled her eyes. "Why? Are you doubting Rosie’s attractiveness? Do you want me to kill you?”

 

“What – no, I’m not!”

 

“Good, because Rosie is hot.” And Jennie means it. Heck, she wouldn’t hesitate to kiss her friend, even slip in some platonic tongue as well. But all in the name of friendship of course.

 

“Jeez! Calm down, Romeo” Lisa pacified. “Plus Suzy definitely agrees with you. Good thing Chae’s gay and single too. They’ll be such a power couple, right?”

 

Jennie felt her left eye twitched at the comment. She pictured the pair together – Suzy with her smug face, kissing her Rosie under a perfect sunset.

 

Disgusting.

 

“Lisa, we can’t let that happen!”

 

“Yeah? Why not?” Lisa challenged, smirking.

 

“Umm…I don’t know! I just get this weird feeling about them.”

 

“And you get this weird feeling because?”

 

“Because…”

 

“C’mon Jen, think! You’re so close to the truth!” Lisa urged, like a mom encouraging a baby to take her first step.

.

.

.

.

 

“Oh my god…” Jennie’s eyes widened at the realization.

 

“Took you long enough, Jen! I’m so glad Chae could finally stop pining now that you –”

 

“…I’m homophobic!”

 

“Exactly!” Lisa cheered, then halted. “Wait, what?”

 

“I’m a homophobic , that’s what I am!” Jennie bellowed out. “That’s why I get so upset whenever girls get all chummy with Rosie!”

 

“That’s…”

 

“Lisa, you don’t need to find an excuse for me.”

 

“But…”

 

“Being aware of one’s mistake is the first step towards change” Jennie declared solemnly.

 

“I…”

 

“Enough” Jennie cut Lisa off for the third time. “I need to start this self-improvement project as soon as possible.”

 

With that, Jennie power walked to the exit – leaving her stunned friend behind.

.

.

.

.

 

“Goddamnit! Why did Chae fall in love with the dumbest idiot on earth!” Lisa groaned.

 

 

 

---------------------------

 



"So you’re a homophobe, the worst scum on earth" Jennie talked to the mirror. "But it's alright, you’ll educate your uncultured from now on."

 

Jennie grabbed her phone and started researching. After tens of tabs opened, she eventually landed on a course of Queer and uality Studies offered by a prestigious university. The full module is 135-hour long, which is absurd considering her already demanding schedule.

 

Jennie hesitated. Is this really necessary?

 

But then she remembered Chaeyoung – her sweet, beautiful Chaeyoung.

 

She clicked on the enroll button.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter