Chapter 03

The Missing Puzzle Piece | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💞

The unexpected news of Jaemin's accident spread rapidly across the media and the hospital where he is employed, causing panic among his coworkers and leading the facility itself to fall into chaos. It's a shocking piece of news, especially given how well-known Jaemin is in this nation. People who saw the accident quickly rushed for assistance since the incident happened not far from the hospital where Jaemin works, which was fortunate for them. As a result, they were able to take quick action.

When they brought Jaemin to the emergency room, he was already unconscious. His surgical team had already been notified of what had happened to him and hurried to the emergency department to assist. Jisung, the team's youngest member, is the first to rush inside the emergency room to assist.

Hendery checked Jaemin after giving him oxygen and temporarily stopped his arm from bleeding. He saw that his left arm was clearly fractured, and he also had a head injury. Fortunately, it isn't as bad as it might be since it will endanger his life.

Perhaps he used his arm as a shield to protect his head.

What happened to him earlier? According to the people who witnessed the accident, he seemed in a hurry.

"Dr. Lee Taeyong offered to operate Jaemin personally and is already prepared." Hendery was told by Xiaojun, one of the nurses from the emergency department.

"Really?" Hendery asked in amazement, surprised since he wasn't expecting it, and a part of him was relieved at the same time. Aside from Jaemin, Lee Taeyong is their senior and another well-known surgeon who works just as well as Jaemin.

"Yes. He's already on his way." Xiaojun nodded so Hendery thanked him.

"Look at his arms, God." Jisung is on the verge of crying after examining Jaemin's condition. Jaemin is like a brother to him so, it's hard to see him in this state and it's making his heart ache.

"Jisung-ah, stay strong. We're here for him, Jaemin is a strong man." Hendery gently touched his shoulder and squeezed him. "Minjeong-ah! Tell the technician to get the operation room ready."

"That'll do!"

 

 

💞

"Look, Mel!" While watching the news, Donghyuck tapped his fiance's thighs. They were eating breakfast and watching the news at the time.

"Hmm?"

"That's Jaemin, isn't it? Jeno's roommate in college?"

Mark's attention was drawn to their television screen, and the news that the reporters were discussing was Jaemin. It's about an accident and truly unexpected.

Jeno, who had just gotten out of the shower and was preparing coffee, stiffened on the spot as soon as the news began. He couldn't look at the screen properly since his whole body was trembling. But he can plainly hear all of them.

Jaemin got into an accident.

There's probably more doctors named Jaemin right?

But who is he fooling here?

The couple continues to keep their eyes peeled for updates on the news because Jaemin was involved in an accident that occurred yesterday night. Everything happened in the blink of an eye, and the driver of the car that struck Jaemin managed to get away. The driver didn't even bother to help the poor doctor, instead just leaving him to bleed out in the streets, but police officers are now on the search for him.

He just disappeared.

They weren't particularly close to Jaemin throughout their college years. It's only that Jeno continues bringing him up at times, which piqued their interest, and that's how they came to know Jaemin.

As soon as Jeno glanced at the screen for the first time, he was overcome with fear as he saw an image of Jaemin as well as the other details of his accident.

This cannot be happening.

Jeno can't seem to get his mind off of his worries. What exactly happened? The fact that he was involved in an accident and that the suspect fled away enraged him even more.

Not now please, we haven't seen each other yet!

"Hey Jen, are you okay?" Mark moved closer to him and patted his shoulder, but he could see Jeno was horrified and the younger one was literally shaking.

"I hope he's fine. You guys haven't met yet, right?" Donghyuck said and obviously felt bad for Jeno. They understood why he was still hiding from Jaemin, and now that this has happened, Jeno may be feeling much worse and he should not waste his time from hiding anymore.

He did. Jeno felt even worse since he hadn't met Jaemin yet and this happened to him.

For the time being, the only thing he can think about is seeing Jaemin in the hospital and taking care of him while expressing his regret and swearing that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter