Chapter 01

The Missing Puzzle Piece | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💞


"Jeno! This is for table number 16!"Donghyuck called Jeno after putting the tray on the counter table and taking the customer's order from it. Jeno, on the other hand, who was meant to be taking a break, didn't say anything and just followed what was asked of him. After all, in addition to Mark, Donghyuck serves as his boss here. Their milk tea shop also has a small staff, which is one of the reasons Jeno doesn't complain.

He used to perform well in his chosen path as a nursing graduate. In New York, he began working, but the pressure became too much for Jeno to bear. In addition to the pressure, Jeno also encountered bullying. Jeno left his job and didn't tell his parents about it because he was being bullied by his coworkers, particularly the head nurse, who was envious of Jeno's success. He has no idea what is wrong with him or why they were behaving like that, but he has suffered the agony that has led him to question himself once again in the end. Making him not to work anymore.

That incident completely destroyed the desire he once had to become a nurse at some point in his life when he was a kid.

However, this does not imply that he will quit, he's just taking a rest. It's just he's not sure when he will start applying again. While working at Mark and Donghyuck milk tea shop, he's still studying and making himself better while resting. He's putting in the time and effort these days to ensure that he doesn't make any errors. When he used to work in New York, their head nurse accused him for giving the patient the wrong medicine and started bullying him again.

"Here's your order Ma'am, Sir." Jeno placed the food gently on the table and smiled at the customers before leaving.

Both Mark and Jeno come from wealthy families however, Mark chose to start his own business because he didn't want to be reliant on his parents, and his parents encouraged him to do so. Jeno and Mark are cousins. It is up to Mark and Donghyuck to decorate this building, which was given to them by Mark's parents as a graduation present. Their parents are very supportive of them.

In Jeno's case, his parents were unaware about this until now because he doesn't want them to worry. His parents are both working in New York, which is why he is secure from being caught lying, and Jeno does not want them to be worried. He's ashamed since his brother is already a surgeon and has achieved success, while Jeno is still trying again. Fortunately, Jeno's brother Taeyong got enraged after finding out about what his brother had gone through in New York, and since Jeno still refused to tell their parents about it, the only thing Taeyong could do was sue the nurses who had harassed his brother in the hospital there. Taeyong is ready to help his brother, but Jeno refuses since Taeyong is overworked and has a lot of things to do, and he does not want to be a burden on his brother, which Taeyong clearly stated that he's not a burden and he will never be, because he's his only brother and they are family.

Jeno is worried about how his parents would react if they found out about his situation. He doesn't want them to be let down by him. His parents have been very generous and have taken care of them in every way, and the last thing he wants to do is disappoint them.

Of course, Taeyong assured him once again that their parents are not disappointed in him, and he is doing all he can to convey this information to Jeno since the bullying had a negative effect on him, and Taeyong is still enraged until now.

"Take a rest. You've been working since morning." Jeno walked into the staff area, and Mark tapped his shoulder to acknowledge his presence. "Sungchan and Shotaro can handle that."

"Are you sure? I can still work."

"It's fine. You're reviewing every night, just rest here."

"Yeah. Thanks." Jeno nodded while wiping his sweats on his forehead.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and went on the internet, where he discovered that the latest news is all about his talented roommate from back when they were still in college.

When Jeno reads the current article about his former roommate, a smirk appears on his face, and he admits to being glad that his former roommate is doing well right now. He's a well-liked surgeon, and all of his surgeries are successful and run without incident.

Na Jaemin.

Jeno already had a picture in his mind of Jaemin being a successful surgeon someday, since Jaemin is very enthusiastic about becoming a great surgeon in the future. He strives for the best and maintains a positive mindset, which benefits Jeno as well, since Jaemin has had an impact on him as a result of this influence. The time when Jaemin was busy practising for their performance and he still had many words to memorise, Jeno assisted him by writing those words on sticky notes and sticking them to Jaemin's wall. While the younger was busy studying for their exam, Jaemin didn't forget to thank him and express his gratitude for having Jeno as a roommate, which he found heartwarming.

There was also a time when Jeno would order a coffee for Jaemin, which became a routine before returning to the dorm since the younger one is a big fan of the beverage.

Jaemin didn't fail to express his gratitude, and he even invited Jeno over to their home on occasion when they had free time.

Initially, Jeno was unaware of the fact that he had become fond of him, and he began to have an unsettling attraction to the younger man. He understands that Jaemin is just being kind to him, but he can't help himself.

Jeno, of course, misses his lovely and charming smile, which he enjoys looking at all the time.

What he's wondering is if Jaemin can still remember him.

It's been nearly 8 years since they parted ways.

Jeno was afraid of being rejected, therefore he couldn't tell Jaemin about his feelings for him. Jaemin is just a wonderful person, and he is well aware of this. He was popular in their department, and apart from that, they were both focused with their studies. He made the decision not to tell Jaemin until after Jeno graduated.

In a particular photo of Jaemin, Jeno zoomed the image and carefu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter