Chapter 02

The Missing Puzzle Piece | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💞


When Jaemin returned his gaze to the spot where he had last seen them, Taeyong had already vanished with the person who Jaemin believed to be Jeno in tow. He couldn't see them since they were moving so quickly. He even had the urge to go outside to look for them, but Yangyang stopped him since he was already hungry.

His heart is pounding rapidly, as if he has already found the person he has been yearning for the last few years since he has not seen him. If he was mistaken for that person as his roommate when he was in college, the sensation is all too familiar to him.

It's true that he's been longing for him and Jaemin missed him a lot as well.

When Jeno informed Jaemin that he would be moving to New York for employment, Jaemin became upset, knowing that Jeno would not be able to be with him and that there is no guarantee that they would see each other again.

They were just roommates at the time, but Jaemin became fond of the older because of Jeno's concern and kindness towards him, even though they were only roommates. When Jaemin was preoccupied with something else, Jeno would help him in cleaning up his mess or taking notes for him if he was available since Jaemin is often busier than he is, or he would order his favourite coffee and meals from time to time. They were like best friends, and he was the only one who didn't grow weary of listening to him talk about everything. His disappointment when Jeno informs him of his plans to go to New York and work there is understandable.

Jaemin had been too attached to him.

However when Jeno promised to contact him if he came back, Jaemin became more determined and motivated. The fact that he has promised to return is encouraging. The problem is that he doesn't know when it will happen, and he's still waiting for that day to happen.

"That doesn't seem to be Jeno to me at all. He hasn't contacted you yet, right?" Yangyang asked as he tapped the older and Jaemin nodded, but just slightly.

Even though it has been 8 years since they last met, he is still waiting for Jeno to call him because he made a promise to Jaemin.

There's no way that Jeno forgot it, right?

"See? So it's not Jeno. You're just missing that roommate of yours so much that's why you're seeing him in someone else." Yangyang said and he pulled Jaemin to go to their cafeteria to eat dinner together.

"But, I'm certain that it's him." He whispered, eyes still wandering around just in case he'll see them again.

Yangyang feels like Jaemin won't stop looking for him so he drags him completely and orders food that Jaemin usually eats at night. His mind was still flying elsewhere when he heard someone talking and a familiar presence beside them.

"It's hardly really a successful surgery if the patient is still not awake, is it?"

Yangyang and Jaemin turned to look at their side, only to find Woojin, the Chairman's son, and the one who despises Jaemin so much because of the attention he is receiving from everyone. Since even his own father prefers and appreciates Jaemin more than him, and has even boasted about him to his company's board of directors and shareholders, he felt extremely insecure towards Jaemin.

The fact that the Prime Minister personally came to visit Jaemin and chose him to do the surgery made Woojin's anger boil within. He was humiliated in front of the higher-ups since he had expected the Prime Minister to pick him because he is the Chairman's son and also a skilled surgeon as well. As a result, he was embarrassed in front of the higher-ups.

"Right. But I know Doctor Na's skills." Yoohwan said, making Yangyang smirks because Yoohwan didn't agree with him. He's the one who keeps following Woojin around because that's how loyal he is to his friend.

"Shut the up. It hasn't been successful yet, stupid." Woojin glared at Yoohwan and then turned his gaze to Jaemin. "I'm well aware that you're the monster surgeon in this place. However, if the Prime Minister didn't wake up, you're dead, and you should prepare to bid farewell to your professional life, Doctor Na. You know that there is a small chance that he will wake up after the surgery. Nonetheless, you went ahead and did it because of your selfishness. You're being greedy." Woojin said and he came closer to Jaemin and by his actions, he's literally pissed.

What pisses Woojin the most when he tries to drag Jaemin down with something, Jaemin doesn't even give him a and ignores him when he tries to drag him down with anything. He doesn't seem bothered by it and doesn't argue back.

"It's not his fault that the Prime Minister chose him over you because he trusts Jaemin more than you. He doesn't have a record that he made a mistake and he works perfectly and he cares so much for his patients. You witnessed that he came here himself to ask Doctor Na, right?"

Smirking, Jaemin taps Yangyang on the shoulder, telling him to stop talking and simply let Woojin say whatever he wants. After all, Jaemin doesn't give a damn about his jealous in the first place.

"It isn't really a distinct chance. I'm sure that the Prime Minister will wake up since he is in good health." Jaemin only answered and gave Woojin a tiny grin.

Woojin glared at Yangyang and Jaemin before dropping his tray harshly at Yoohwan's arms. He nodded and let out a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter