Good Boy

Toy

Kai was a good boy. He did everything what he was told to do by his parents, by his teachers, by his boss. They told him to sit down and he sat down. They told him to stand up and he stood up. They told him to study well at school, not to play around, to be always quiet, and to work hard. They told him to be a good boy and he was. Kai was a good boy. He studied well at school, got an outstanding degree in Medicine; he married a nice, beautiful woman. He was a good boy.

 

But did young lad enjoy being a good boy? At this moment he is standing in the toyshop and looking at the toy car with an intensive glance. He has always been a good boy, but why his parents never bought him a toy. He never had a toy. They bought him clothes, they gave him food; never sweets though. They bought him books, but he wished they had bought him some fantasy or adventure books like “Adventures of Tom Sawyer”, a lot of boys in his school talked lively and with enthusiasm about this novel and Kai wished he could have joined them. He never had friends. Good boys have to fight on their own, because people don’t deserve the trust of the good boys.

 

So his parents had always bought him books of mathematic, geography, and science and as a good boy he had to study and read them properly. The only book he will never forget is “The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. His parents had to buy him this book for his French class and Kai was a good boy, he studied well, so he didn’t have problems with reading this book in French. He remember when he finished this wonderful novel, he started to cry. His father was sitting in the armchair near to him. When he saw Kai crying, he slapped him in his face and told him that he is a man and men don’t cry. After this his father threw this book away. After this Kai has never cried again.

 

He was standing there, in the toyshop and thinking about his parents’ new wish. They told him that they wanted to have a grandchild. “The time has come.” – were his father words. And as a good boy Kai has to grant them their wish. But was he ready to have a child? He didn’t know how to raise a child, because he thinks that he never himself never was one. And Kai didn’t want him to raise the way his parents raised him. Was he eventually a good boy or a weak boy who couldn’t say “no” to his parents, to his teachers and to his boss? Right now, he needed to talk to someone. He couldn’t talk to his wife, because for her he was an example of the perfect husband, who is always strong and knows the answer to everything. But right now Kai didn’t know the answer, to be honest he never did. His parents always answered all his questions. He doesn’t love his wife. They are just an example of a “perfect” family; they wear fake smiles like Barbie and Ken. They are fake like Barbie and Ken. They are perfectly fake together.

 

There were people in the toyshop, but young lad didn’t notice them. He was still looking at the toy car and wondered: Was he just a simple toy to his parents? Did they just play with him all the time? Is his wife playing with him too? Suddenly he felt very angry and he has never felt this emotion before. So he was glad and angry at the same time. He was glad, that he was able to feel something and he was angry at himself for being a good boy. Why is he still here? Why hasn’t he run away? There are so many questions and he doesn’t have answers. Maybe his parents do. They always had the answers to his questions.

 

Being a good boy .