The cheatsheet .✫*゚・゚

Herätys .✫*゚・゚ A co-ed group of second chances. APPLY NOW BUT STORY CURRENTLY ON HOLD o(^◇^)o
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

█ CATCH ME If you are starting to work on your app, it would be great if you included the 'heratys' tag because I love snooping wip apps ;w;

 

Faceclaims are preferably idols, but I accept pretty much any kind of celebrity except for ones as long as they have enough good quality and accessible pics, a gallery might always help if you pick a celebrity from a more niche field. Ethnicity has to be at least half southeast asian. They are mostly free but since a lot of these idols come from the time that there weren't as many foreigners, please remain realistic. Of course the new gen members can just follow the current range. NO race bending!

 

Hometown can be from the whole world, pretty much, but again, I'd like to see mostly Koreans who have grown up in South Korea. Languages can be max 2 fluent and max 4 in total unless you have a good explanation for it. Don't just make the character speak 7 languages fluently for no real reason.

 

The age range is quite big this time, from 1991 to 2003. But please keep it realistic, don't make a 1991 liner the rookie idol that lost their first group due to the pandemic. I'd like to see mostly characters around 1995-2001, the outer parts of the age range being reserved for the veterans and rookies. The and generational difference will make this group quite interesting. Please keep the enlistment age in mind for the boys. Male members that are from 1995 and older must have enlisted before joining Herätys, while the younger ones will enlist in the future. If you create a 1996 liner that hasn't enlisted yet, they will have to leave after just a bit more than a year of promotions if I remember correctly, so please watch out for that.

 

4 traits for both positive and negative minimum, neutral traits are optional, if you think they add to the character. Make sure to elaborate on each trait. No mary sues or gary stus. Nobody's perfect. Elaboration for both personality and background has to be at least 2 paragraphs. Background can be really normal and without any major dramatic events, but also eventful and dramaric, but keep it realistic. I don't want no unrealistic sob stories where their whole family gets murdered and they then get kidnapped and become part of an underground gang. The P-word is a special unit and song suggestion! Your character can have development during the story, if you want that, please do say so in the personality section how they will develop. You can cover the idol story here but there will be sections later to elaborate more on their previous group/solo career/survival shows and their reaction upon getting the proposal from Maya.

 

Go crazy with the trivia! This is the place to party! Give them some lovely hobbies, unique habits or more. Special talents is for what they usually do on variety shows like imitations or weird talents your character has. This is a section you are allowed to go crazy on, have fun with it!

█ GEE It is not needed to state your parents if they aren't around much, but if they are important or celebrities, please do include them. Idol family and famous family is allowed, but don't go overboard and keep it realistic. If Gong Myung is your character's brother, Doyoung also has to be their brother. You can also put rivals here and ultimate bias that they might get the chance to meet in the future and such as well, if your character has those. You are allowed to make friends who have a one-sided crush on your character. You can also include characters they haven't met yet (please do state so, if that's the case) but will be important later.

 

You can apply a total of three times since I will be needing a lot of peeps and tend to not get many.

█ SHALL WE DANCE? Herätys was formed as an idea in early 2020. OBO entertainment was started up by Maya and with the assistance of Yunjin and Uyeong in May 2020. After some preparations and getting everything in order, Maya started to personally scout around former idols in September 2020. She did not get much success because a lot of them didn't trust the concept or simply moved on from the idol life. Actually, she also managed to hire one of the idols she scouted as vocal coach instead, who is Jo Joonghee from A-JAX. All the staff and Herätys members entered the company one by one between September 2020 and March 2021, when the 12th and last member will enter the lineup. You can decide in which month your character joins, but a character that lost their group during the pandemic is more likely to join later, for example. All of the characters and staff are handpicked by Maya. The last one to arrive in the company as for now is Yejun, who got picked up in late March after graduating from SOPA. (is it obvious that I am REALLY fond of Yejun?)

 

Herätys will first be introduced through their units.
- Herätys V starts off with Ring ring in August of 2021
- Herätys M will continue the first round of promotions with One in November of 2021
- Herätys will make their full group debut in February of 2022 with SUPER clap. This will be a full album, compiling the previous debut singles together with new full group tracks.

 

There are no plotlines or fixed positions. Just pick whatever position you want for your character, but don't make them too strong. I don't want a TRI.BE situation where one member is main/lead in all three positions + visual and center while the rest gets nothing. You can make a triple threat, but don't make them main/lead in everything please! Since they are mostly experienced idols, it is plausible that they are strong so I'll allow you to pick a main twin for a lead position, as long as they are not like kpop's best. Visuals, fotg and leader will be selected when the members are picked! The 'plotlines' page is only meant to give you ideas, you don't have to really stick to any of those. You can of course take one and run with it, but you can also do your own thing or combine a few ideas together.

 

For talent twins, every single member requires a vocal and dance twin, the others are all optional including rap, talking, variety, etc. Please link them as it is much easier for me to see how your character would sound like! Since there are no plotlines, there is no need to include backups, unless you fear that there is not enough material for a twin.

 

Every single member has had experience in the idol world before joining OBO, because they all come from other companies. There will be separate sections for trainee life and their idol career. The trainee life is mainly about how they felt about training in OBO, knowing that another chance is coming for them. The idol career is about their previous career. There will be a whole section about it for you to go wild and create a whole group of your own (if they are part of a group, of course). I love making groups of my own for survival shows and such so this is a really exciting part for me, I hope to see some good stories and nice group discographies. You are allowed to mix and match discographies together and pick from different groups, but you can also just take one group and take everything from them (like Ran, who came from Unicorn). You can change their name, agency, groupmembers, but also keep everything as it exists! Your character can also come from a solo career, survival shows or even a band. You can let all your creative juices flow here. If they do come from a group (or survival show) please do list their groupmates (or closest friends on the show). You aren't required to make whole profiles, but it would be nice to at least know their names and maybe faceclaims? It would also be nice if you described their relationships with your character, or at least the closest ones of the group (or least close members? drama?). You are allowed to introduce multiple members of one group, created by yourself or in collaboration with another applicant!

 

One group has a special requirement if you decide to pick them. Since A-JAX has an actual official existing member in this story, if you want to introduce another member from A-JAX, it has to include Joonghee, the discography that includes Joonghee and their original name. Everything else can be changed.

 

There will be more sections about your member's feelings about disbandment/leaving their former group and how they reacted when they got the call from maya. Were they in immediately? Were they sceptical but changed their minds upon hearing from someone else who had entered the program? Since a lot of focus is on them being failed idols with a second chance, this section will be more elaborate than usual.

 

To signify a new start, the members picking a new stagename is required. If they had a stagename in their previous career, they cannot pick the same or a similar one. You can go for simple stagenames like pasting a last name and a syllable from their first name together, but you can also go absolutely wild and pick something like feeldog. Honestly, I'd love to see some feeldogs around. We love ourselves some weird stagenames.

█ LOVEY DOVEY Love interest is optional. Any uality is allowed, but if it is LGBT+, remember that there will be much less chance for it to be public. Since this is a group with a lot of long going idols, there is no dating ban as long as they have been active as idol for more than two years. If Herätys has a member that debuted in 2020 with their original group, they have a dating ban until their debut anniversary in 2022. So that means everyone else that has debuted before 2019 is free to date as long as they are not reckless! Older members can even get the marriage talk or even kids if it goes far?

 

LI can be OCs, former groupmates, idols, other celebrities and all, but keep it realistic. Do not make Faker your love interest if your character doesn't know SKT T1. Love triangles are allowed as well. You can ask another applicant to use their character as LI. But do not use another character as LI if their author didn't approve, even if it is one-sided. If using an oc, please state their fc. You can also use the managers or staff as love interest if your character is in a similar age. You can pick Uyeong if your character is nearing their thirties, but not Yejun, for obvious reasons. For reasons, Maya and Yunjin are off-limits.

 

If the kids are underage, they can only have an of two years (that also counts for the other way round!). You can have multiple love interests. I'd prefer to see them not date multiple people at the same time, unless you want your character painted as a villain and potentially thrown out of the group.

█ BROWNIE POINTS 

 

Of course not mandatory to be followed but you'd get my excitement going with these things!

- underrated faceclaims and talent twins, because this group focuses on second chances for those idols, it is even more encouraged to do so this time!
- connections, perhaps some of these members have worked together before? As groupmates, or on a variety show, or maybe they're just idol friends? or something more... romantic?
- a big variety of ages, images and origins
- I'd love to see some staff used as love interests! their personalities are left open for you to fill in, I kinda made them as 'romanceable NPC' as possible smldkfjsl
- Of course, the staff is also available to be used as family members and friends! If this staff doesn't statisfy you (shame), you can always create your own addition, there are many positions that could be filled.
- the group covering 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen simultaneously
- MR.MR, bigstar, baekpo and some more of my underrated oldies

█ TAKEN THINGS 

 

Faceclaims:
- Redsquare's Ari
- Baby VOX' Eunjin
- Baby VOX' Miyoun
- Hwang Jungha (Beatwin, the unit)
- Bohyung (Spica, Keembo)
- Lee Taehwan (Actor, 5urpris)
- Jo Joonghee (A-JAX, the unit)
- Mirani
- 3YE's Yurim
- Hanwha life esports' Willer

 

Talent twins:

- currently, Ran's position is still undecided. I'll probably keep it open until the group is picked since I think anything could fit for her. She'll fill in whatever position is lacking in Herätys V when I pick the members
- A-JAX' Joonghee, cause the vocal instructor is literally him lol

 

Love interests:

- MSF's HiRit (well I'd say he is free but him and Ran are literally dating since before heratys was formed so... sorry)