Seven

Don't Fight the Feeling
Minyoung, Minseok and Suho headed from her apartment to the park where they saw a small crowd gathering around the fountain. Soora waved them over and Minyoung took a spot beside her. Chanyeol was helping Jongin set up the music while his dance partner Taemin warmed up which mostly consisted of Baekhyun forcing him to over stretch causing the dancer to yelp in pain.
 
"How long has he been torturing Taemin?" Suho asked as they just watched it all happen instead of helping. Minyoung figured they all must have been friends otherwise there was no way they would just let Baekhyun fool around like that.
 
"About five minutes now." Sehun looked down at his watch and Soora just giggled as she watching Chanyeol give a thumbs up that the music was ready. Jongin and Taemin got in their positions and Baekhyun scurried to stand by Minseok as Chanyeol started the music. The two boys performed powerfully as they seemed to explode from the start. A few girls who must have been around their age, were cheering and recording videos of them dancing together. Minseok got in the best spot and started recording the whole performance.
 
"What is he doing?" Minyoung asked Suho and he just chuckled.
 
"He is their videographer. He's going to record and edit the video before putting it only. Jongin wants to audition to be an idol." Suho seemed proud of his friend who was dripping with sweat as he put his heart and soul into his dancing. Minyoung was captivated by it and at one point she locked eyes with Jongin and saw an intensity in him that she had never seen before. He gave her a little wink and continued on. Feeling a bit flustered Minyoung lowered her head and forced herself to calm down before watching the performance again. After a few minutes it ended and the girls in the back cheered and rushed the guys asking for photos together. Seeing more people gather around, Minyoung started to feel a bit awkward. She wished she could have an ounce of the confidence Jongin had as he effortlessly laughed and joked with the girls.
 
"I'm going to grab them something to drink." Minyoung called out before walking off towards the store that was close by. She had only taken a few steps away when a tall figure appeared beside her. "What are you doing?" Minyoung asked Sehun as he walked at her pace even though with his long legs, he could easily walk ahead of her.
 
"If you get Jongin and Taemin drinks the rest of the guys are going to be jealous. Do you think you can carry enough drinks for all of them?" He looked down at her and Minyoung didn't like the way he always seemed to be talking down to her as if she were a child.
 
"I'm stronger than I look." Minyoung tried to flex her arms but she had to admit she was built like a match stick. Sehun chuckled and pinched her arm.
"Oh yeah, so strong." Sehun joked and Minyoung gave him a little shove.
 
"You better watch out or else." She looked over and noticed Sehun smiling at her. A genuine smile. It shocked Minyoung a little and it got awkward between the two of them. When they reached the store Sehun opened the door for her and Minyoung scoffed.
 
"What? What's wrong with getting the door for you?" Sehun shot back as they wandered to the drink section at the back of the store.
 
"Nothing, I just didn't think you." Minyoung scanned the shelves and saw the green tea she wanted in the top section. Sehun grabbed it for her and she thanked him.
 
"You make me sound like a jerk." Sehun replied and Minyoung scoffed loudly and he just gave her an odd expression.
 
"Ever since I got here you've been rude to me. I just figured you hated me." Minyoung tried to hold all the bottles herself but Sehun scooped them out of her arms and brought them to the counter. Before she could even argue it, Sehun pulled out an all black credit card and paid for everything. The cashier bagged up the drinks and Sehun took two bags and Minyoung took one.
 
"I don't know how to make friends." Sehun admitted once they walked out of the store.
 
"What do you mean? You have Chanyeol and the rest of the group." Minyoung couldn't wait to have her drink and fumbled around trying to open it. Again, without saying anything Sehun took the drink, popped the cap open and handed it back while Minyoung mumbled her thanks.
 
"I've been friends with those guys since we were little kids. They know me as Sehun and not as the kid of some celebrities." Sehun couldn't bring himself to look at Minyoung. She felt bad for judging him so quickly. It wasn't like she was exactly the most outgoing person in the world. She couldn't imagine what it must be like to always wonder if someone is your true friend or just using you for fame. "What's your excuse for being rude to me?"
 
"Me? Be rude to you? When?" Minyoung put her hands on her hips as Sehun gave her a knowing look.
 
"The soccer ball incident?" Sehun reminded her and Minyoung thought back on it, maybe she was a bit more rude to him than she had intended.
 
"You're right. I'm sorry." Minyoung spat out quickly and Sehun looked shocked that she admitted she was in the wrong. "My family moves. A lot. My dad is in the military and my mom's job is pretty open to her moving from country to country. I learned after a while that it doesn't matter how hard I try to make and keep friends because I will eventually leave and it was all pointless." Minyoung took a big chug of her drink. Why was she spilled her guys out? Was it because Sehun was being open with her? Was it because that maybe, just maybe, he would understand her reluctance to making friends. Sehun got quiet as he nodded his head.
 
"How about this," He said as they saw the group in the distance. Jongin and Taemin were starting their next routine. "If you ever feel like you need a break from people we just tell each other. We can hang out in silence. You don't even have to call me your friend if you don't want to." Sehun gave a small wave to Chanyeol in the distance who just noticed them approaching.
 
"The same goes for you. If you ever need some space we can just...hang out." Minyoung held out her hand which brought Sehun to a full stop. He looked over to the guys who were looking at them weird. With a little sigh, he quick reached out and shook her hand. "All right, lets head over." Minyoung got back to Soora's side and quietly handed out some of the drinks as they continued to watch their friends dance. She couldn't deny it, watching Jongin dance was inspiring and lit a little fire in her chest that she thought had died long ago.
 
Was there something she dreamed of doing? Was there something she wanted more than anything else? A memory from when she was a child flashed across her mind. She was standing in the living room singing to her mom who was answering emails on her cell phone while her dad was finishing up his dinner in the other room. It must have been annoying because her dad yelled at her to be quiet and not to bother them anymore. She remembers a deep pain inside as she stopped singing and sat on the floor quietly. She snapped out of her as she was nudged by someone from behind. Chanyeol grabbed her arm to stop her from bumping into Minseok who was recording the guys again but from a different angle this time. She thanked him and went back to watching the show. Why was that the first thing to pop into her head? She hadn't sung in front of people since that day. Even just the thought of trying again made her palms sweaty but she figured that if Jongin can dance in front of all these strangers with all of his heart then maybe, just maybe, she can give it a try.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about not updating in a while!! In Canada we have thanksgiving in October as well as Halloween so it's been busy for me. 
<3 
I didn't leave the story lol just needed a little break