Three

Don't Fight the Feeling
It was gym and Miyoung dreaded it so much. Her parents had made her try every sport and eventually they gave up on their daughter being athletic in any sort of way. Miyoung even got winded walking up the stairs at school so when the teacher told them to run the track she sighed heavily. There was another class playing soccer on the field in the middle of the track so while everyone eventually surpassed her, she was busy trying to ignore all the cheering and yelling from the other class. Soora and the other girls finished but there were a handful of other people struggling to finish just like her so she didn't completely hate herself, although when she caught the teachers gaze they were just shaking their head in shame.
 
It wasn't that she didn't try to be athletic, but she was so uncoordinated and clumsy to the point that she almost broke her nose playing badminton by accidentally smacking herself in the face with the racket. Almost as if God were listening to her inner thoughts, the soccer ball came flying over and hit her in the side of the head. The hit was hard enough that she fell to the ground. A few of the guys gasped and a couple girls laughed. She could hear the teacher yelling at her from the other side of the track to just get up and keep going. One of the students from the other class ran over and he knelt beside Miyoung as she rubbed her head, she could already feel the bump forming.
 
"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you." The guy gently knocked himself in the head and called himself a bad guy.
 
"It's fine." Miyoung wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole. She looked over and saw a few of the girls staring at her and whispering to each other. Apparently what ever they were saying was funny because they were trying to hide their laughter behind their hands.
 
"Here, let me help you up." The boy held out his hand and Miyoung thought about taking it because her head was spinning and she didn't want to embarrass herself more by struggling to get up.
 
"She can do it herself Baekhyun." A deep voice said and the two of them looked over to Sehun who was so tall he was blocking out the sun.
 
"I dunno man, the ball hit her pretty hard." Baekhyun commented and slightly winced when he thought back at the sound it made when it hit her head.
 
"The teachers are getting mad, just go back to your class." Sehun said before reaching down and grabbing Miyoung by her upper arm and pulling her to her feet. Baekhyun gave Miyoung another apology before grabbing the ball and running back to join the rest of his class.
 
"Don't touch me." Miyoung yanked her arm from him. Sehun rolled his eyes and let out a chuckle.
 
"You looked like an idiot. I was trying to save your pride." Sehun walked away, he didn't look like he had any intention of sweating by running the track as he was told. Miyoung cursed under her breath and ran as hard as she could to finish the lap and instead of standing around and waiting for everyone else to finish she just marched straight back in the school. The teacher yelled after her to get back with everyone else but she just wanted to be alone. Having all of those eyes on her; judging her; mocking her. It felt like a softball was sliding down . It was slowly getting harder and harder to breathe. Miyoung found an empty staircase and sat down on it, trying to catch her breath. She rested her sweaty hand on her chest. She couldn't figure out what was happening, it almost felt she was having a heart attack. For a split moment she thought about just going home and asking to transfer to another school. It would be easier than having to face the same group of people every day for the rest of the year.
 
"You okay?" A gentle voice called out and Miyoung turned around to see a shy looking boy with large eyes, cautiously looking at her.
 
"I'm fine." She forced out and stood to get away from him.
 
"Wait!" He rushed down the stairs and stood in front of her. With a single look in her eyes the boy pulled an unopen water bottle out of his bag and handed it to her. It was still cold so he must have just bought it from the small snack room the school had on the second floor.
 
"No, it's okay." Miyoung tried to refuse it but he forced it into her hand.
 
"I think you're having an anxiety attack." He guided her to the window and pointed out a tree off in the far corner of the school yard. "Focus on the tree while you drink the water." He even opened the bottle for her and with a shaking hard she finally accepted the water. She had a hard time swallowing it but she focused her eyes on the tree and took a huge gulp.
 
"Now take a large breath." His voice was so calm that Miyoung felt comfortable enough to listen to what he was telling her. She swallowed some more water and took a deep breath in, then let it out. It felt as if the pain in her chest left with the deep breath out. She looked over at him and when he realized it work he gave her a large smile.
 
"My name's Kyungsoo." He held out her hand and Miyoung wiped off the last bit of sweat before shaking his hand.
 
"I'm Miyoung." She shyly responded back. "I'll repay you for the water bottle." Miyoung felt a bit foolish for over reacting to the point of triggering an anxiety attack. She had never had something like that happen to her before. She had heard people talk about anxiety before but she had no idea that it would be so intense that she felt like she was dying.
 
"Don't worry about it. I'll see you around." Kyungsoo gave her a little nod before rushing off to whatever class he was going to be late to. Miyoung looked down and he class had made it back into the school so she figured that she had better head back. After getting changed in the bathroom back into her normal uniform she stood outside the classroom, wondering if they were going to comment on her running away like a child throwing a temper tantrum.
 
She felt a large hand rest on her shoulder and she looked up to see Chanyeol giving her a slight smile. He threw the door open and the classroom got quiet. Chanyeol walked in first with Miyoung following behind him until she reached her desk. Soora gave her a little smile and rubbed her back to reassure her that it was fine. There was some whispering in the back of the class followed by some girls giggles. Miyoung fought back the urge to cry as the pain in her chest slowly returned. Suddenly there was a loud crash and everyone spun around to see the girl sitting in front of Chanyeol and Sehun was knocked off her chair and fell on the ground.
 
"Hey! What did you do that for?" She yelled at them and the two boys just looked at her with a void look on their faces.
 
"We don't like bullies." Chanyeol said and the girl scoffed and stood up.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about! Sir! Chanyeol kicked me off my chair." The girl whined and the teacher let out a heavy sigh and got ready to lecture the two boys but Sehun stood up.
 
"If you don't shut your mouth, there's going to be a problem." They all watched as the girl looked from Sehun to the teacher who had turned back towards the board and started his lesson. The girl wanted to say more but she just sat back in her chair was her cheeks burning red from embarrassment. When Miyoung caught her attention, the girl glared at her and Miyoung spun back around in her chair. She hated those two idiots for making the problem worse for her now.
 
"Why doesn't the teacher ever yell at Sehun?" Miyoung whispered as their teacher went on with his lesson.
 
"His parents are celebrities." Soora whispered back and it made sense. The school wasn't going to discipline the son of some celebrities and make bad press for themselves. Now thinking back to the track and how he talked down to her made more sense and it filled her with more anger. When the bell rang at the end of the day Miyoung said good-bye to Soora and headed towards the study room where she was meeting up with her tutor. While on the way to her lesson, she saw Jongin and he jogged up to her with a goofy smile on his face.
 
"Heading home?" He asked and Miyoung just gave him an odd look. "Figured since we live close to each other we could walk home together. Maybe get some more noodles?" Jongin was bouncing around her like a puppy who found a new toy to play with.
 
"I have to see a tutor after school." Miyoung looked down at the sheet she had been given earlier by Suho to double check what room she was supposed to be in.
 
"That . Another time?" Jongin asked and when Miyoung agreed he smiled and ran off to join Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were standing and waiting for him. When she looked at Sehun he just rolled his eyes and walked away. Miyoung was so angry at him that she didn't even care that he was mad back at her. Miyoung made it to the study room and let out a heavy sigh before reaching to open the door. 'What else could go wrong today?' She asked herself as she opened the door and when she saw the boy sitting at the table she felt her heart skip.