Two

Don't Fight the Feeling
As the day went on Miyoung found herself enjoying Soora's presence as she witty comments through the lessons and even shared her notes but she also just wanted to go home and relax in peace. For the last hour it was self-study so Miyoung pulled a bag of lemon gummies out of her bag and began munching on them as she tried to go over the things she just learned that day and the notes she was given.
 
"Miyoung, I know that you may be a bit behind so I set you up with a tutor that will help you catch up. Starting tomorrow after class, head to the student council room and they will get it all figured out for you. But, make sure to tell your parents that you will be coming home a bit late because of it. We wouldn't want them to worry." He gave her desk a little tap with his knuckles before walking away. Miyoung just scoffed at the idea of her parents being worried about her. She would be shocked if either of them came home that night.
 
"Extra studying? That but maybe your tutor will be cute." Soora winked and gave Miyoung a little nudge and she had to hide the smile on her face. The end of day bell finally rang and Miyoung was finishing up her last of the notes while everyone else packed up and left. Soora said her goodbyes and Miyoung hurried to get done. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings as she jumped out of her seat and bumped into the person trying to walk past her.
 
"Sorry." Miyoung quickly blurted out when she saw that she bumped into Sehun. He gave her a look up and down then, without a word, continued to walk out of class with Chanyeol quickly joining him and throwing his arm around his friends shoulder. Miyoung rolled her eyes and packed up her back and left the school. When Miyoung walked back into the families apartment she recognized the silence and welcomed it after being talked to all day. She let out a heavy sigh and went straight to her room where she changed into some sweatpants and a baggy tee-shirt. To focus, Miyoung put on her headphones and began blasting her music as she tackled the piles of homework that she had.
 
That was something she wasn't sure she would ever get used to. It's not that Miyoung was a bad student, she just didn't have the motivation to study like other people. Instead all she could think about while trying to work was how hungry she was. As a reward for finishing her homework, she decided to use the money from that morning to head to the store and get some instant noodles for dinner. She threw her hair into a pony tail and wandered outside; she was only mildly concerned that it was dark out but she made sure to stick to the streets with lights on them and made her way to the store as fast as she could. On her way there she passed through a fairly busy park and in the middle of it was a fountain that was surrounded by people. As she made her way closer to it, she saw that they were all gathered around because there were two boys wearing all black, hats and masks as they danced to the loud music that could be heard faintly through the whole park. She watched them for a few minutes until the music stopped and everyone started cheering. One of the boys locked eyes with her but Miyoung didn't notice so she turned and walked away. A minute later she felt a hand wrap around her wrist and pull her to a stop. She spun around and saw one of the dancers had grabbed her.
"Let go!" Miyoung tried to yank her arm away but the dancer was stronger than she had expected.
 
"You're Miyoung, right?" He asked and she froze when he said her name. How did this stranger know who she was? The boy pulled down his mask and tilted his hat up so it was easier to see his face. He gave a little smile as if she was supposed to recognize him but when he realized that she had no idea who he was he just sort of laughed.
 
"My name is Kim Jongin, we go to school together." He let go of her arm and that's when it hit her.
 
"Oh, you're one of Chanyeol and Sehun's friends." She finally remembered that he was one of the guys siting at the table with them at lunch. "You dance?"
 
"Yeah, my friend Taemin and I dance here for exposure. I'm going to be an idol one day." Jongin smiled brightly and Miyoung scoffed.
 
"You may not beleive it, but I know it's going to happen." Miyoung was shocked by his confidence but was also pleasantly surprised by it. She had been right about them, they were different than regular teenagers. "What's a girl doing out this late at night?"
 
"I'm going to grab some food." Miyoung turned and started to walk away but Jongin easily kept up with her.
 
"Perfect, where are we going?" Jongin happily bounced alongside her and Miyoung glared at him.
 
"I don't know where you're going but I am going to the store."
 
"Weird coincidence, me too." Jongin laughed as Miyoung sighed and figured he was going to be stubborn so there was no point in arguing. Along the walk Jongin rambled on, asking her questions about herself. Her favourite colour, favourite animal, where she grew up and so on. By the time they reached the convivence store, Miyoung was socially exhausted but Jongin seemed very pleased with himself. The two of them headed straight for the instant noodles and inspected the selection.
 
"What are you going to get?" Jongin ask and Miyoung thought about it hard before picking the spicy carbonara noodles, a fish cake on a stick and a water while Jongin picked some spicy noodles, extra meat and a cola. One their way over to pay, Miyoung saw some of her favourite lemon gummies and decided to buy some more. After paying, they headed over to the hot water and microwaves and while Jongin filled up his noodles with hot water and put the fish cake and meat in to heat up and without being asked Jongin grabbed her noodles and filled them up to the line as well.
 
"You like candy?" Jongin asked as they waited for their food to cook.
 
"Anything lemon flavoured but these are the same gummies from America so I grew up eating them." She felt a bit like a child while she explained it but Jongin didn't judge and just nodded his head. Again, without being asked, Jongin poured out the hot water for them and carried all of the hot food out to the small plastic table set up outside. "So how are you liking our school so far?" He asked as they both started devouring their food.
 
"It's not bad. I sit beside this girl Soora and she's really nice." Miyoung burnt on the fish cake and Jongin laughed at her before apologizing.
 
"Yeah I know Soora. Did you know that she confessed to Chanyeol a few years back?" Jongin whistled at how spicy the noodles were and Miyoung figured that this wasn't something that he normally got because the spicy level for her was perfect.
 
"She told me." Miyoung watched as Jongin gave a knowing smirk and just nodded his head. She wasn't going to let this boy try and talk down about Soora. They finished their meals making small talk and Miyoung collected all of their garbage and threw it out.
 
"Let me walk you home." Jongin said as they started to walk away.
 
"If I say no are you just going to follow me anyways?" Miyoung asked and Jongin just smiled so she rolled her eyes and said that he could walk her. The walk back to her place was mostly just Jongin talking about himself and his friends which Miyoung only found slightly interesting. They made it to her building and Miyoung thanked him for walking her.
 
"It was my pleasure. Now we are officially friends." Jongin gave her a little nod before putting his hands in his pockets and walking away with a little skip in his walk.
 
"What a weird guy." Miyoung muttered as she walked back to her apartment and when she closed the door again she was met with the same silence as before but this time it felt a little odd. After talking to Soora and Jongin all day, the silence was off-putting. She looked at the clock and saw that it was almost midnight so she decided to go to bed. As she laid in bed she heard the front door open and recognized her mothers footsteps as she walked around the apartment. She heard her coming to her bedroom door so Miyoung quickly shut her eyes and rolled over. The door opened and Miyoung carefully listened as her mother walked up and stood over her. After a few awkward seconds her mother turned and left the room. Miyoung let out a little sigh and finally fell asleep comfortably knowing that she wasn't alone in the apartment. The next morning Miyoung got ready and went back into the kitchen to see more food wrapped up and sitting on the table. She felt bad that in the little time that he mother was here she spent a good portion of it making her food so instead of throwing it out she put it in the fridge and decided to eat it for dinner that day instead.
 
Miyoung got to school a little earlier than the day before so she figured that instead of just sitting around and waiting for class to start that she would head over to the student council room and see if anyone was there so she could figure out who her tutor was. She gave a knock on the door before popping her head in. Sitting at the table was a boy with perfectly styled hair and sharp features that made him look like he came from money. When he saw Miyoung standing at the door he jumped to his feet a little too quickly and knocked over the papers he was working.
 
"Ah, sorry. You surprised me." He picked up the papers and placed them back.
 
"I knocked." Miyoung said and the guy just awkwardly chuckled.
 
"Did you? I must have been too focused. You're the new student right? I'm Suho, the student body president. What can I help you with?" Suho cleared his throat and tried to come off as put together but the Miyoung tried to hide her smile as best as she could. Although he looked the part of a prince, he was clumsy and shy.
 
"My teacher told me to come here for a tutor?" Miyoung took a step closer and Suho snapped his fingers.
 
"Right! The tutor." Suho walked over to a bunch of binders on the shelf and looked through a list of names. "We have our top students volunteer to tutor people so they get better references for colleges. It's a good system because they help other students do better and they get to go to the best colleges around." Suho looked up from the list and gave Miyoung a little smile before looked back at the list. "There you are." He pointed to her name at on the list and dragged it across the page. "Oh, you're lucky. Your tutor is going to be Minseok. He's the top in your grade. You can take my word for it, he's a great guy." Suho gave her a thumbs up and Miyoung giggled.
 
"Is it because he's your friend?"
 
"Well that and he's the vice president of the student council." Suho and Miyoung stared at each other for a solid three seconds before Suho cleared his throat again and grabbed a scrap piece of paper and wrote down a time and which classroom the studying would be in. Miyoung thanked him and went on her way.