One

Don't Fight the Feeling
Miyoung looked at her new uniform and thought it was one of the prettier ones that she has worn. She went into her closet and pulled out the schools white sweater and pulled it over her head. Sitting in her closet were two other high school uniforms. Her father was in the military and was working his way up the ranks quickly because all he did was work. In her whole life they had moved ten times but her mother had promised that this was going to be the last one before she graduated this year. She was born in America but bounced around to Argentina, Germany and was now back in Korea. Starting all over again was something that she was used to and didn't expect to stay here for very long but her heart ached at the idea of having to make friends all over again. With a heavy sigh she headed out and saw food placed out on the table covered in foil with a little note from her parents. 'Have a good day at school. Mommy and Daddy will be working late tonight. Money on the table for dinner.' Miyoung scoffed and threw the note in the garbage along with the food that had been left out.
 
With her dad in the military and her mom was an freelance consultant in the tech field, she was left alone a lot. She grabbed the money left on the counter and went to school. Thankfully, they weren't too far from the school and with a little help from the map on her phone, Miyoung was able to make it early. She did the usual routine of going into the office, being given the lecture about the schools standards and the expectations placed upon their students. Miyoung had to fight off the urge to roll her eyes. She knew she wasn't going to be there long enough to cause any trouble in the first place so all of the adults around her were pointlessly rambling on. It was a speech she had heard many times in multiple languages. The only difference was when she was in elementary school she went to the school on the base but since being back in Korea her parents wanted her to try and socialize with 'normal' kids. Nothing about Miyoungs social interactions was normal.
 
How was she supposed to talk to these people? She knew nothing that teenagers her age liked. The bell rang and the vice principle offered to walk her to her class. She bowed and walked away but she could hear the principle muttering behind her back that she seemed disrespectful. They weren't wrong but Miyoung just felt like everything was, well, pointless. They made it to class 3-A and the vice principle knocked before walking in.
 
"I brought you the new student." They said and the teacher nodded his head and waved Miyoung in. As soon as she stepped in the students started whispering among themselves.
 
"Alright, calm down." The teacher barked at them and they lowered their voices. "Introduce yourself." The teacher said as the vice principle excused themselves and went back to work.
 
"My name is Lee Miyoung, nice to meet you." She bowed and looked around at all of their faces. They all blurred together with people she had met in the past. She was sure she was going to forget all of them and their names in no time.
 
"Where are you from?" A girl yelled out and Miyoung looked to the teacher who nodded that it was okay to answer.
 
"I was born in America and moved around a bunch." It was easier to not go into detail.
 
"Oh~ An American." They all started muttering again and the teacher sent her to the empty desk at the front of the room. Her desk partner was a cute girl with a short bob haircut and bright eyes.
 
"I'm Soora, nice to meet you." She whispered as the teacher started their lesson. Miyoung gave a little bow to her and pulled out her notebook. A few minutes into the lesson the door opened and standing there was two boys.
 
"Hurry up, you're late." The teacher didn't even seem to mind too much and the two tall boys walked in, one of them locking eyes with Miyoung.
 
"Sir, there's a new girl." He pointed straight at her and a couple of the kids giggled in the back of the class.
 
"If you showed up on time you would have known that. If you don't sit down you're going to get detention." The teacher finally raised his voice and Miyoung focused on copying the notes on the board. The quieter boy walked straight back to his desk and folded his arms across his chest and closed his eyes. Clearly he didn't care about being there and Miyoung figured that his friend probably dragged him there. The talkative one walked straight up to Miyoungs desk and leaned against it, blocking her view of the board. A couple of girls gasped and Soora watched with wide eyes and Miyoung sighed and finally looked up at him. She had to admit he was handsome but she just wanted to do her work and go home.
 
"My names Chanyeol, what's yours?" He gave her his best smile and she just stared back at him. Why wasn't the teacher doing anything about this? When Chanyeol realized his charm wasn't working on her, he looked over at Soora
 
"Her name is Lee Miyoung." She blurted out and Miyoung glared at her and she quietly said she was sorry under her breathe.
 
"What a pretty name." Chanyeol reached out and touched her hair and without thinking Miyoung slapped his hand away. The room became oddly quiet. Chanyeol laughed and walked to his desk beside the other boy.
 
"I'm so sorry. I didn't know what else to do." Soora whispered and Miyoung just gave her a small smile before going back to writing her notes. The rest of class seemed to pass fairly quickly and the lunch bell rang. Miyoung asked if Soora could help guide her to the cafeteria and she happily agreed. The whole way there Soora rambled on about her life and who people were in their class.
 
"Who were to those two guys that came late?" Miyoung asked as they got in line with their metal food trays.
 
"Oh, you mean Chanyeol and Sehun. Yeah they're kind of famous in our class for being handsome." Soora blushed and giggled.
 
"Which one do you have a crush on?" Miyoung smirked when she saw her shocked expression. Soora was the type to be bad at hiding her feelings and that made it easier for Miyoung to trust her because she could see everything in her eyes.
 
"I-I don't like anyone..." Soora looked down at the ground and Miyoung scoffed and let the lunch lady put a portion of rice and kimchi on her tray as they shuffled along.
 
"Okay, fine. I like Chanyeol. He's just so nice and outgoing. Plus have you seen how tall he is? And when he smiles I just..." Soora giggled and brushed her hair behind her ear and was brought back to reality when the lady behind the counter yelled at her if she wanted fish or meat. Miyoung laughed as the two of them walked to find a table to eat at. She noticed Chanyeol and Sehun sitting at a table with a few other boys, all laughing and talking among themselves. They found a table with two empty seats and went about eating their food.
 
"Who are they friends with?" Miyoung asked as the group of boys got louder with more students surrounding them. They seemed to be a magnet for people. She didn't know how to describe it but they gave off a different feeling than other students. Almost as if they knew that they were better than high school and that they had more in life ahead of them. They were all confident and sure of themselves which was rare to find in teenagers who were all so busy trying to find out who they were.
 
"Well you know Sehun and Chanyeol but also sitting there is Minseok, Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin. They've been best friends since grade school. I swear at least one of them is going to be famous or something. They have so many fans, it's annoying." Soora glared at one of the girls laughing at a joke Chanyeol made and she stabbed at the kimchi.
 
"Why don't you tell him you like him if it bothers you so much?" Miyoung gave them another glance over and went back to focusing on Soora.
 
"I did, before we started high school but he rejected me." She sighed at the memory and Minyoung felt bad for bringing it up.
 
"There are other guys out there, why not just move on?" Miyoung felt someone staring at her and looked around the cafeteria to try and figure out who it was.
 
"Maybe...one day..." Soora giggled awkwardly and they finished up their food. The girls cleared off their trays and headed back to class.
 
A boy siting at the table couldn't take his eyes off of Miyoung as she gracefully walked out of the cafeteria. For a brief second their eyes locked and he felt his heart beat hard. He looked away first to try and calm himself but he found himself looking at her back as she walked out the door.