across the 214

Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song recommendation: It Ain't Wrong Loving You by Honne

 

 

 

      Gloomy weather in the afternoon, it still has the trace of the cold rainfall from the morning and the small pools of water on the pavement Jennie’s minding to avoid and not get her feet in.

     The senior came from the circle to do some personal chores and scheduled to go home before lunch to dine with her roommate. If you think that Jennie left her roommate just like that after what happened, no, because she actually asked Seungwan if she needs some time alone, the latter agreed to it.

    We all do need some space alone with ourselves whenever there’s too much going on around us, right? I kinda connected the dots just by being around the two, so I know it’s not just a simple misunderstanding. I believe they had a past, I just hope Seungwan finds her peace soon.

 

       Jennie arrived at their dorm but did not expect to see Irene standing in front of their door with her head down. Seeing joohyun in front of their door is surprising to her, she feels bitter, it’s been years since the woman walked in this area particularly to stand in front of door 214. So many things happened to them but Irene never came back. Even her things were left out and thrown in the bin when the woman decided to cheat on Jennie and left her there.

 

“Never expected even your shadow to appear in front of 214 again, Irene Bae.” Jennie's tone was anything but friendly, and the other woman remained frozen in place, surprised to encounter Jennie before Seungwan.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jennie asked Irene, walking towards her and the door.

 

“I just wanna talk to her, cmon Jen just let me in.” Irene muttered, fidgeting in her place. Jennie saw how restless the woman appeared, and Irene's character is never restless or fidgety; she is always composed. How bad was the fight this morning that the two ended up in such a muddle? How come she’s here after hurting seungwan.

 

“Enough Irene, don't you have a little bit of guilt inside you that you just wanna keep on hurting her? “

“What are you saying? You know nothing Jennie. You just met her few weeks ago, you don't know . I knew her more than you. We're different.” Irene said, voice b with rage, which shocked Jennie.

 

“You knew her more than me, but you hurt her continuously like she's nothing, you hurt her like she's a stranger. You're right Irene, we're different. Because I will never do that to somebody whom I knew for a long time.”

 

    Jennie spoke with the same venom as Irene, yet her words caused the woman to halt and shed tears that had been trying to escape. Irene took a deep breath before speaking, trying not to blink the tears from her eyes.

 

“You know nothing jennie.” Irene said, her gaze fixed on Jennie's, sending thrills down her spine. It seems like the older’s only explanation for her unacceptable actions is, you know nothing jennie.

 

“Maybe you're right, but I gave you a chance last night Irene, and you chose to it up. Even made her run barefoot under the rain. How heartless are you really? Now go. Today's not the day to add more salt in her heart, have mercy Bae.” Jennie urges the other, and just when she thinks Irene will accept her warning, the bae's response provokes thousands of uncertainties and questions in her ing mind.

 

“You're always there Jen.” After hearing such remarks from her once closest friend, Jennie on her feet can't disguise her astonishment.

 

“Why is that? That everytime my life gets ed up. You're always there, and I’m always the villain.” Irene muttered sharply.

 

“Irene what-” Jennie was unable to finish her sentence since Irene suddenly turned her back on her. But before she completely walks away, the unexpected guest did not hesitate to drop another questionable remark.



 

“Don't you dare fall for Seungwan, Jen.”

 

    Jennie's composure as Seungwan's friend, who was meant to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter