a smiling moon and a prenup

colors and a smiling moon

A/N: as always, this one's rushed and not beta-d so i apologize for any mistakes and if it's confusing lol. im trying to finish the stories that i've started before school starts again :((


 

Mina has regained her vision and is going back and forth from London to Korea to visit Nayeon as much as she can.

 

On their first anniversary, they are having dinner at the beach that Mina has arranged. They’re wearing simple white dresses. Candles are lit, giving them a more romantic vibe. The sun is setting and Mina has a marriage proposal planned for Nayeon. 

 

“Nayeon?”

 

“Hmm?’ Nayeon chews on the beef steak.

 

“What would make you leave me?”

 

“Nothing. Duh. What's with the stupid question, Minari?”

 

“Good.” Mina smiles proudly but her hands are shaking under the table.

 

“The sky looks beautiful.” Nayeon remarks, looking at the stunning view of the orange sky above the sea.

 

Mina hums. “Soon, the moon will appear and it will smile at us because we’re doing something right.” Mina chuckles at the cheesiness of her words and Nayeon laughs, too.

 

Once they’ve finished their dinner, it’s already dark and true enough, the moon’s smile appears above them. Mina feels like it’s the right time to execute her plan.

 

“Nayeon, it’s been wonderful to be with you again and I want nothing more than to be with you…” She pauses for a moment and stands up from her chair, goes beside Nayeon, and kneels down. “...forever.” She continues and adds, “When I'm with you, it's a perfect world with a perfect you in it.”

 

Nayeon gasps. She brings her hands in front of . She doesn't know what to say. She doesn’t have to say anything yet until asks her the most important and nerve wracking question she could ever ask. She opens the little box she’s been hiding the whole day from her soon-to-be fiance.

 

“So, Im Nayeon, love of my life, will you be with me forever and marry me?”

 

She didn’t know Nayeon had already prepared a ring to propose to her, too. So, Nayeon said ‘yes’ to Mina’s proposal and the latter stood up from her knees, Nayeon immediately got up, took one step backward, and got down on one knee. She asks Mina the same question she was asked. Mina’s eyes widened.

 

“I want you to experience this, too, and I wanna do more special things for you for the rest of my life. So, Mina Myoi, will you marry me?”

 

Mina nods and says, “Yes!”


 

//


 

Two weeks later, they started working on their wedding plans so Nayeon goes to London more often where Mina is currently working and also because the wedding is gonna be held there. They want it to be outdoors, like, in the forest or at the beach, but nothing’s really settled yet except their firm decision that they will get married.

 

They’re in Korea now and they took a leave from their jobs to join their friends on a weekend camping trip.

 

The couple is at Nayeon’s house. Mina’s helping Nayeon put her stuff in a suitcase.

 

Nayeon gets up from the floor and walks her way to her bedroom. She comes out with a folder.

 

“Babe, I need you to sign this.” Nayeon  hands her fiance the folder that has several pieces of paper inside.

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Something important. You just need to sign the pages they folded.”

 

Mina opens the folder and reads the header of the first page. “Prenuptial agreement? Are you serious? I'm not signing these. It’s like you’re saying that you’re having doubts about marrying me or about the future of our marriage.” Mina closes the folder and places it on the coffee table.

 

“Mina, come on. I wouldn’t ask you to marry me if I wasn’t sure that I want to marry you. And it’s not about me being concerned if our marriage will be dissolved or anything like that.” Nayeon rubs her forehead. She’s getting a bit frustrated.

 

Mina cuts her before she can continue. “Then, why are you asking for a prenup agreement?”

 

“Because your parents wanted it.” Nayeon caves in. She raised her voice as she raised both her hands in surrender.

 

“I’m gonna talk to them.” Mina starts to dial her dad on her phone. “Damn. Why are they being control freaks in our marriage?” She whispers as she waits for her dad to pick up her call.

 

“Babe, please.” Nayeon goes to her and reaches to get the smart phone from her fiance’s hand. She taps on the “end call”. “Can’t we just give this one to them for their peace and also for our peace.”

 

Mina signs. “No, baby. They can’t do this to us. It’s our marriage. They can’t touch anything about it unless we ask them to.”

 

“Okay, but can’t you just call them once you’ve calmed down? Talk to them after the trip, okay?”

 

Mina says “okay” but she continues to reprimand Nayeon. “Was it that easy to agree to it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Mina snickers, rolling her eyes. “Wow.” And she leaves the room. As she walks out, she hears her fiance say, “‘Wow?’ What does that mean?” But she continues to the kitchen to prepare the food supply that they are going to bring to the camping.

 

//

 

They hear a car honking outside.

“Babe?” Nayeon shouts from the living room, waiting for Mina to come out from the bathroom. “They’re here.”

 

Mina doesn’t say anything. She just walks, grabs her stuff and starts walking to the door.

 

When Dahyun sees them, she remarks, “Woah. You were informed that we’re going to stay there for two days, right?”

 

Nayeon looks at what she and her fiance are carrying and she realizes how they look like they’re going on a one-month vacation. “We brought extra clothes for you guys, just in case you’ll need more.” Nayeon excused. Their friends laugh.

 

Mina, still not saying a thing, just walks toward the van and doesn’t even wait for Nayeon.

 

There’s a space reserved for them at the back with Sana but Mina chose the seat in the middle where Chaeyoung, Momo, Tzuyu, and Dahyun are seated. Jeongyeon watches through the rearview mirror as Nayeon goes to the backseat and Dahyun follows when Sana asks her to to give more space for Mina. “Hmm.” Jihyo, who’s sitting in the front seat, gives a knowing look to Jeongyeon, the one driving the van.

 

The drive was loud in the first hour. The girls were singing along to the songs playing in the stereo and then Chaeyoung added some mellow music and then their energy subsided. Most of them dozed off. 

 

//

 

Once they arrive at the site, they start cooking for lunch in groups. Jihyo and Jeongyeon start to make a fire with wood as Mina, Nayeon, and Tzuyu make pizzas and rice cakes with honey. Mina can’t do anything about the grouping because it was planned that way and Mina herself volunteered to do the task. Dahyun and Sana are in charge of the fresh fruit juice and Momo and Chaeyoung are going to make ham and egg sandwiches. 

 

“So, what do we do?” Nayeon says while wiping her hands with a hand towel.

 

Tzuyu, feeling the tension between the couple, repeats the question. “How do we do this, Mina unnie?”

 

Mina only responds after Tzuzyu asked.

 

“First, spread some tomato sauce.” Mina instructs as she takes a spoonful of tomato sauce and spreads them on a pizza crust. “Then add the toppings you like.” She adds pepperonis, mushrooms, and pineapples.

 

“Babe, this side needs more pineapple.” Nayeon interrupts Mina and of course, the latter ignores her again. 

 

“And then, the cheese goes last.” Mina continues.

 

“Okay.” Nayeon and Tzuyu respond at the same time but Nayeon’s wasn't as enthusiastic as the younger girl’s.

 

//

 

Once Momo and Chaeyoung are done preparing the eggs, hams, and slices of bread, they watch Jihyo and Jeongyeon struggle creating a fire.

 

“Unnie, it’s not gonna work if you keep on fanning it.” Momo chuckles.


 

Mina, Tzuyu, and Nayeon pass by and announce that they’re ready to cook the pizzas.

 

“We haven’t made a fire yet.” Jihyo says.

 

“Oh, we’re gonna microwave them.” Nayeon responds.

 

“But we’re making this fire so you can do all the cooking here.” Jihyo pouts.

 

“We need to use the microwave so that the top part will get cooked equally as the bottom part.” Mina explains. “Sorry, Jihyo.”

 

“It’s okay, Jihyo unnie. We’ll use your fire for these.” Chaeyoung points to the full tray that she and Momo prepared.

 

“Okay!” Jihyo regains her smile.


 

//


 

Mina, Tzuyu, and Nayeon serve the pizzas and rice cakes they made on the table. They sit beside the table as they wait for the others to finish their tasks. Tzuyu is sitting in the middle of the couple. She informs them that she’ll help Sana and Dahyun bring the glasses.

 

Now, the couple are left with silence and a space between them. Nayeon takes this private time as an opportunity to apologize to her fiance.

 

“Baby, I’m sorry for agreeing to your parents’ request. I just couldn’t say no to them.”

 

“Because you want it, too.” Mina responds coldly, not looking at her.

 

“It never crossed my mind but, to be honest, I think it’s a good thing to do.”

 

Mina just snickers smugly again .

 

“Whatever.” Nayeon says in a low voice. She rolls her eyes at her fiance’s lack of effort to understand her. Once she sees the ones in charge of the drinks approaching, she calls out to Jihyo and tells her the table is ready.

Hearing that, Jihyo tells Momo and Chaeyoung to bring the sandwiches to the table.

 

“We’re coming!” Jeongyeon yells, walking towards their hungry friends.


 

//

 

“Gochiso sama dea!” Nayeon says after she and her friends fill their stomachs. It’s one of the lines her Japanese fiance taught her. The others say it, too, and laugh when Chaeyoung couldn’t pronounce the phrase properly.

 

They rest for a while, chatting about anything.

 

“You guys are really getting married, huh?” Sana shoots the question to Nayeon and Mina.

 

“Yeah.” Mina responds and Nayeon smiles hearing her fiance say it.

 

“Can you believe it? I mean, you were so close in high school and I can’t say that I never expected you to become a couple, but after you parted ways, I never imagined that you’ll find each other again and get back together.” Jihyo reminisces.

 

“I always had hope that I’d find her again.” Nayeon says, smiling at their friends although she decided earlier that she’ll reciprocate the cold shoulder therapy to her Mina. Not looking at the latter, she loses the chance to see her blush at her remark.


 

//


 

The group of friends help each other take the soiled dishes to the washing area. Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Jihyo volunteer to do the dishes now so that they won’t have to do it later after dinner. Mina, without anything to do, decides to watch them wash the dishes. After a while, Nayeon walks over with a tray to take the ones they’ve finished washing. She misses her fiance and she can’t ignore her any longer so she sits beside her and attempts to give her a kiss on the lips but Mina turned her head so Nayeon could only kiss her cheek.

 

“Babe, you’ve been ignoring me since this morning. I can’t take it anymore.” Nayeon says with a slight frown.

 

Trying to avoid the situation, MIna walks out again and her fiance and their friends watch as she leaves with furrowed brows.

 

“Okay, I’m done with her cold shouldering me.” Nayeon kneels down and puts the tray she’s been holding on the ground.

“What’s going on?” Jeongyeon asks.

 

“She doesn’t want to sign the prenup agreement. But she's being immature and avoiding me instead of talking to me about it.” She sternly puts the washed plates and bowls on the tray.

 

“Unnie, I know you’re mad but,” Dahyun smiles awkwardly. “Please don’t break them.” She says carefully as she passes the older girl more bowls.

 

“It was your parents' decision, wasn't it?” Jeongyeon probed.

 

“No. It’s her parents, not mine.” She says smugly. “I didn’t want to displease them so I said yes.” She grunts. “Oh, I’m so done with her being so childish about this.”


 

//


 

After Nayeon’s done with her work in the kitchen, she looks for Mina and finds her painting a t-shirt on her own.

 

“Hey.” Nayeon says. She hears Mina click her tongue. The design she’s making is not going well. Mina gives up on what she’s doing and is standing up to leave when Nayeon says,”Don't go. Let’s talk.”

 

Mina stays. She takes a deep breath and sits back down. Nayeon sits in front of her, crossing her legs.

 

"I don’t like how you’ve been acting immature today and what was that ‘wow’ about earlier this morning?”

 

Mina sighs in response. She doesn’t really feel like talking to her fiancé about it right now or about anything at all.

 

“Mina?” Nayeon sighs, running her fingers through her hair. “Why are you still ignoring me?”

 

"Because I'm hurt.” Mina raises her voice.

 

“Look, I’m sorry for upsetting you, but I hope you still consider signing the agreement. After thinking about it, I thought it was a good idea. It’s good for the both of us, for our future."

 

“Why would you think that we're ever going to break up? We're going to marry each other and make a sacred vow that only death will part us, remember?”

 

“You know I never said that.” Nayeon frowns. “It's just for assurance.”

 

“You're just saying it differently.”

 

“Here we go again.” She rolls her eyes. “Mina, I’m sure about you and us, okay? I am. Look, my parents did it, but they're still together.” Nayeon shrugs.

 

“What's your point?” Mina crosses her arms.

 

“My point is that your parents were right. Think about it. I just want things to be fair for you and me in the future just in case you don't wanna be with me anymore.”

 

“There you go.” Mina gestures her hand toward Nayeon then drops her arms. “Babe, that's not gonna happen, trust me. So we don't need to do it, okay?

 

“Babe.” Nayeon grunts. “If we're sure we're not going to break up, then why can't you just sign it? Let’s make things simple like that.

 

“Wouldn't it simpler if we just not do it? ‘Cause I really don't see the need for it.”

 

“Look.” Nayeon sighs deeply. “I don’t want us to keep fighting about this so I surrender.” She finally yields, raising her arms. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before I said yes to your parents. And I’m sorry that I forgot that we still have the final say in this. Because it’s our marriage, not theirs.”

 

“Baby, I’m sorry. I get you now but I hope you also understand why I don’t agree with it.” Mina softens her voice.

 

“Yeah, I get you. Just,” Nayeon sighs. “Please don’t ever ignore me like that again. I can’t have you ignore me for hours.” Nayeon pulls a slight aegyo.

 

“I’m sorry I’ve been immature today. I just didn’t know what to do with how I felt about what you asked me to do.” Mina reaches for Nayeon’s hands. “I’ll talk to my parents about it next week. And I won’t get mad at them for you.” Mina smiles.

 

Nayeon smiles and brings her hand up behind Mina’s head and lightly pulls her in for a soft kiss and she doesn't wanna let go until she feels her fiancé’s lips kissing her back.

 

After the short kiss, Mina stands up and helps her fiancé stand up, too. They say their I love you’s and they hug.

 

“You missed me didn’t you?" Nayeon asks.

 

As a response, Mina tightens her hug.

 

Nayeon smiles, knowing what the gesture meant. “Are we friends now?”

 

Mina loosens her hug.

 

“Hey?’ Nayeon lightly pulls back in the hug to look at her fiancé.

 

Mina laughs. “I’m just kidding.” She gives another chaste kiss on Nayeon’s lips.


 

//


 

In the afternoon, everyone’s doing their own thing to entertain themselves but Mina was in a room alone, trying to fall asleep. She hears Nayeon screaming about her beaded necklace getting undone. “What a baby.” She thinks to herself, smiling. She stays there a little bit longer until she gives up on the idea of getting a nap. She goes outside and walks toward her fiance, Sana and Tzuyu who are making stuff with beads.

 

Once Sana and Tzuyu finish making their beaded bracelets, the younger girl asks if Sana wants to join the others to paint t-shirts. Sana nods and they inform the couple that they’re leaving.

 

Mina watches them leave. She goes to sit next to Nayeon. She faces her fiance, bringing her legs in between the bench. She side-hugs her fiancé and rests her head on the back of her shoulder. She breathes in her scent and looks far in the distance.

 

Nayeon’s heart flutters at this gesture. “Missed me?” She says after a while.

 

Mina inhaled deeply and just tightened her embrace as a response to her fiance. That was enough for Nayeon to get the message. So, she smiles and says, “Missed you, too.”

 

After a few moments, Mina softly calls her fiance’s name. "Nayeon". She hears a "hmm?" as a response. She turns her head to face Nayeon and she calls her name again. "Nayeon". She wants the latter to return the gaze and the latter did. "I love you", she says and her lips quirk up into a smile and as Nayeon’s lips curl into a soft smile, too, she adds "so much". Nayeon says it back. "I love you, too, so much."

 

"I love you more though."

 

“Good.” Nayeon just chuckles even thought she wants to keep on counter attacking her fiance,

 

Mina leans in to give her a quick kiss on the lips. Nayeon's right hand carefully moves to put one end of the string of beads into her other hand. They’re not finished yet and Mina knows that, so she waits. Nayeon’s left hand pinches on both ends and once she's sure they're secure, she encircles her right arm around Mina's waist and pulls her body closer to hers. They both lean in. The kiss is passionate and slow. It says a few things but the weight of them feels like a million pounds in their chest. It's them telling each other a promise of care and love. A promise of commitment and loyalty. A promise of always supporting each other. A promise of never letting go until death does it for them. Their chests ache for the love they have for each other. But it's that million-pounds weight in their chest that is keeping them stay together. It’s like they’re already sealing their marriage vows in front of a priest and the important people in their lives. The seal that will prevent them from coming apart and that will keep anything from coming in between them. They end the kiss. They smile at each other. Nayeon goes back to finish her bead necklace. Mina waits patiently, like how she waited for the love of her life to find her way to her again.

 

Mina looks at the necklace her fiance is making. Pointing at it with her eyes, she says, “Can you finish that necklace first before it comes undone again. Everyone heard your scream earlier.” Mina laughs.

 

“Do you want me to make you undone after this?” Nayeon suggestively smirks.

 

“No. we're in the middle of this quiet place with our friends and we're still not friends.” Mina teases, making Nayeon confused.

 

“We're still at it? But we already kissed!” Nayeon pouts.

 

“We kissed but that doesn't mean we've made up.” Mina teases again. “I just came to say I missed you.” Mina adds and then stands up to leave but Nayeon grabs her hand.

 

“Don’t leave?” She pleaded with puppy-like eyes.

 

“You want me to stay?” Mina chuckles.

 

“Yes. Making this necklace for the second time have used up my patience and is frustrating and I become calm when you’re near. So please, sit back down.” Nayeon laughs.

 

“Okay, I’ll stay.” Mina feels flutters inside her and she giggles them away.

 

After a moment, she adds, “You know I was kidding when I said we haven’t made up , right?”

 

“Nope. But that’s good to hear.” Nayeon leans in to her fiance, saying “ppoppo”, asking for another kiss and Mina gladly gives it to her.


 

//

 

The night falls and Mina finds Nayeon standing near the bonfire she made for the marshmallows later. She's alone. Mina walks from behind and surprises her fiance by sliding her fingers to Nayeon's hand that is inside her pocket, intertwining them with her own fingers. Mina watches the fire along with her and rests her head on Nayeon's shoulder and the latter follows by resting her head on Mina's.

 

"I thought about it and I'll sign it if you think it's a good thing to do." Mina says in almost a whispering voice. "And I’ll do it for my parents' peace of mind, too. Also, I’m always gonna be sure of us and our future together." Nayeon turns her head to look at her fiance saying these things. She squeezes the latter's hand tighter inside her pocket and says, "You know that I love you to death and till death, right?"

 

"That’s so sweet to hear." Mina smiles and looks at her for a moment, then moves to stand in front of her, taking her hand from her fiance's pocket and cupping the latter's cheek with it while her other hand encircles around her waist. Nayeon encircles her arms around her fiance's waist, too. Mina pulls her in and gives her a searing kiss on the lips. "And i love you to death and till death, too, baby." They smile at each other. Mina looks toward the moon above them, Nayeon follows to do the same.

 

"The moon's smiling." Mina says. 

 

Must be a good sign." Nayeon responds and pulls her in for another kiss. This time, it's longer and more passionate. Mina moves her other hand up to cup Nayeon's other cheek, pulling her closer, making the kiss deeper.

 

Mina pulls away for a while to say, "I can't wait to love you everyday, for the rest of my life." This made Nayeon blush but most of all, it made her fall in love with Mina harder. "Same."


 

//


 

(A/N: A little extra fluff. I'm sorry if I'm being too much😬)

 

The next morning, after waking up, they have small talks while playing with their fingers. Then, Mina takes Nayeon’s hand and plants kisses on her knuckles. She takes a breath. She looks like she is about to say something but she shrugs it off.

 

“You look like you want to tell me something.” Nayeon looks at her.

 

“Hmm.” Mina hums, thinking if she should say it.

 

“Come on, say it. I wanna know what’s on your mind.” Nayeon squeezes her fiance’s hand.

 

“It's quite embarrassing.” Mina laughs.

 

“Why?” Nayeon chuckles. “What is it?” She pushes Mina’s hand that's holding hers.

 

“It’s a bit childish but I just have this wish in my mind...”

 

“Hmm?” Nayeon gives her an assuring nod and smile, gesturing her to continue.

 

“That you would keep talking to me like this, making me smile, kissing me, making me fall harder for you and making me feel loved and special without getting tired of doing all this and I’ll do the same things for you.”

 

Nayeon doesn’t say anything and just smiles at her widely. This makes Mina more embarrassed.

 

“Yah!” Mina blushes, untangling her fingers from her fiance’s. Nayeon’s still smiling at her, giving small hearty giggles.

 

“You look silly when you smile like that, you know.” Mina says. She takes her fiance’s hand and traps it between her hands. She plants a searing kiss on it.

 

“You're so crazy about me, aren't you?” Nayeon giggles.

 

“I think so.” Mina responds and starts planting small kisses on Nayeon’s hand again.

 

“Well, im.crazy about you too.” She pulls Mina by the hand and embraces her. She also traps the latter with her legs. “I love you, Minari.” She says in an aegyo.

 

“I love you, too, Nayeonnie.” Mina also says in aegyo.

 

They start making out then Mina pulls away. “Baby. 2 things” 

 

Nayeon’s confused. “Huh?”

 

“One: I love you so much.” She says as she squeezes Nayeon’s face. “And two: let's make breakfast before the girls wake up.”

 

Nayeon laughs remembering that it’s their turn to prepare breakfast.

 

“I can't believe I’m in love with a dork.” Nayeon squeezes her in their hug one last time before they get up.

 

“Can’t believe you’re marrying one, too.” Mina chuckles.

 


A/N: thanks for reading! please send me your nice feedbacks if you liked this story or this chapter hehe. im thinking of adding a part 3🤔...
and also, i made a writer acc on twitter. it's @namyoim and it's kinda cold there since it's a new acc. make it warm by saying hi to me? don't worry im nice heh