Chapter 7

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In one of Seoul’s dining restaurants. Jeongyeon was headed to the private room where Jiyoung was waiting for her. The waitress led the way and bowed as she opened the door.

 

Jeongyeon was met with a guy who had black hair. The undercut made his neck tattoos stand out, she thought he looked exactly like some number one mafia boss, after Haesok of course. The red velvet suit was fit and probably designed for him. The evilness he radiates was too much though.

 

Jiyoung smiled and got up, his smile was charming and his eyes were as dark as the night sky.

 

“You're prettier than I thought you'd be,” he said while shaking her hands. “please have a seat” Jeongyeon stayed quiet and sat in front of him.

 

There were various dishes on the table and they smelled good but Jeongyeon wasn’t hungry. She wanted to know the purpose of this meeting “let’s enjoy our food first-”

 

“Just get into the topic” she cut him off.

 

“As Haesok said, you are really hot-tempered” he smiled “ok fine-”

 

“Haesok told you about me?” Jeongyeon was confused, Haesok never mentioned this guy before.

 

Jiyoung smiled “you have many questions and I’ll answer them. The reason I wanted to meet you is to help you and team up with you”

 

“Against?”

 

“Your enemies, precisely Im Siwan” Jiyoung leaned in “I want him to suffer, till he begs for death”

 

“And why do you want to do that?”

 

“Seven years ago, in New York, my sister was there for a vacation and I was there for work. He was in New York too, apparently he lived there. She went out partying one night and the ing her” Jiyoung frowned.

 

“Yeji is still healing. He hurt her really bad and I want him to pay for it. I guess you understand what being oppressed feels like so I want us to help each other to destroy them. I can give you weapons, money and anything you want. But everything has a cost right?” he sat back.

 

Jeongyeon nodded “I came from the bottom so I know the dangers of being up. My main goal is to make them suffer too, especially his wife, Mina. She ruined my life”

 

“I know, we're on the same boat!” Jiyoung placed his hand on top of Jeongyeon’s “I will make them bleed”

 

Jeongyeon pulled her hand “I don’t use force. I can destroy them without-”

 

“At some point, you must use it. They must bleed to feel our pain, you can’t get your revenge peacefully.”

 

Jeongyeon didn’t like what she heard. Her plan never included death, all she wants is to make them suffer and broke. “I hope we will get along mister Jiyoung”

 

“I am sure we will” he smiled.

 

~~

Haesok’s mansion

 

Chaeyoung was chatting with Haesok when Jeongyeon barged into the living room “why didn’t you tell me about Jiyoung?” she yelled a bit “you know that I hate being clueless! You even told him about me?”

 

‘Oh ’ Chaeyoung cursed mentally as she stood next to her friend maybe she can make her relax “easy Jeongyeon”

 

“Should I warn you about everything?” Haesok said calmly “aren’t you a grownup who should deal with all the surprises and circumstances alone?”

 

“I am, but you know that I am stressed and tired! I can’t handle any more surprises, I hope you're not hiding more things from us”

 

Haesok stared at both girls in front of her “you two really grew up fast”

 

“I didn’t mean to yell at you I am sorry” Jeongyeon apologized “I need some time alone, goodnight”

 

Chaeyoung stared at the older “I hope you know what you are doing ma’am and you won’t end up hurting her” she said before she followed her devastated friend.

 

“She won’t be the only one hurting Chaeyoung-ah,” Haesok said to herself.

~~

 

Morning

 

Chaeyoung was waiting for Sana in the car, she wore jeans and a simple white hoodie. She grabbed the gun from the gloves box, cocked it, and put it in her jeans in case of emergency

 

Sana’s life is very peaceful and fun, Chaeyoung barely feels any danger around her but she can’t go around without it.

 

The latter was choosing a song from her phone when Sana came into the car and sat next to her, she threw her leather jacket at the backseat along with her backpack.

 

“Why are you wearing a hoodie?” Sana pouted “I told you to wear casually”

 

Chaeyoung was surprised and couldn't speak for a moment.

 

Sana was wearing a black floral dress that ended before her knees, with a low white converse. She ruffled her black wavy hair and laughed “I am so happy today, where are we going?”

 

“Uhm, Uh~” Chaeyoung gulped, her cheeks and ears turned red the more she stared at Sana.

 

“Insadong!” she yelled a bit while starting the car.

 

“Which is?” Sana asked confusingly.

 

“Insadong is a buzzy neighborhood in Seoul, is best-known for its traditional tea houses and street food scene, while the wider area is filled with museums and royal residences. You will enjoy it," Chaeyoung said in a single breath.

 

“Phone is charged, the camera is charged and I am charged with energy” she winked at Chaeyoung who smiled shyly to herself.


 

The two started their long day, Sana was busy filming this and that. Talking to the old people and stopping by every kiosk or shop. Chaeyoung wasn’t a big fan of shopping or hanging out especially in crowded places like Insadong. She smiles whenever her sight landed on the excited Sana.

 

“On this hot day, I am ambient to the air, as if I have merged with the nature that surrounds me,” Sana says while looking at the clear bright sky as the weather was sunny and hotter than the previous days.

 

Chaeyoung hummed and smiled at her “let’s try this restaurant!” Sana said, dragging Chaeyoung to a random restaurant.

 

The two were enjoying their omelets and drink when Sana broke the silence “I always talk about myself and you know more about me”

 

“Yeah especially after watching all your vlogs” Chaeyoung pressed her lips together. She was definitely not good at keeping things to herself.

 

“You watched my vlogs?” Sana blushed.

 

Chaeyoung nodded and ran her fingers through her hair. “Anyway there is not much to know about me. I-” she muted a bit and hesitated whether she should tell the truth or not.

 

“I'm an orphan” she stated, shocking the girl in front of her. Chaeyoung was too broken to look at Sana in the eyes, she doesn’t want to see the pathetic look she receives from everyone.

 

“I don’t know my father’s identity and I only have a picture of my mom but I don’t have any memories as a kid. A woman raised me then I chose to be a bodyguard. I made money and now I live alone in an apartment, I don’t even have friends”

 

Chaeyoung gulped when Sana held her hand “I am your friend” she smiled “I mean yeah I am one of your clients but we can stay in contact after I go back to Japan”

 

Chaeyoung smiled “That would be nice”

 

She clearly knows that with time, Sana might hate her but all she can do is enjoy her time with her.

 

Hours passed…

 

Sana was still busy filming the busy life of Seoul, her lens landed on Chaeyoung who wasn’t paying any attention to her and looking around at the crowd.

 

Sana bit her lower lip when Chaeyoung put her black cap on until a random guy tripped and held onto Sana who was about to fall and drop the camera but luckily Chaeyoung was able to hold it and Sana.

 

Her arm wrapped around Sana’s waist, their bodies were glued to each other; they didn’t even notice the guy who was apologizing non-stop.

 

Sana’s face was a few inches away from Chaeyoung’s. The latter was breathing heavy and her heart was running a mile per minute. The last time she felt this way was when she was shooting a bunch of guys. But this time it wasn't due to fear or anxiety.

 

Sana faked a cough and stepped back “thank you”

 

She took the camera from Chaeyoung and faced the other way, hoping she didn't notice her red cheeks but her reflection on the mirror in the shop admitted to her that Chaeyoung had put a spell on her.


 

On the other hand…

 

As Siwan had ordered, Mina was sitting with his friends' wealthy wives. The women were chatting and laughing at jokes Mina never understood.

 

She decided to enjoy the view of the sea until a couple caught her eyes. They were sitting by the beach, cuddling and kissing.

 

She missed those feelings and butterflies that had disappeared as soon as she married Siwan. She looked at her watch and smiled “It’s time, excuse me”.

 

She ignored the women’s protest of her to stay and rushed to her car and drove off.


 

~~


 

ECLC - EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER

 

The school was crowded today, the kids’ laughter echoed in the school yard. Everyone was taking pictures of their children with the Clowns, Disney princesses, and princes doppelgangers. Other kids were enjoying the cake or the face drawing.

 

“Mooom~” Taeoh yelled and ran to his mom.

 

“What is this?” she laughed at the cat drawing on his face “you look so cute~” she pinched his chin and listened to his excitement.

 

“Noona is here too”

 

Mina’s smile faded as she saw Jeongyeon walking toward them “I am the number one benefactor of this school. Of course I will be here. I am the sponsor of this event” she smiled as she put her hands in her pockets.

 

“Mom, my teacher is calling for me,” Taeoh said as he ran to his teacher along with his classmates.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter